Ryzen Thinkpads

Anyone else /hype/ for Ryzen Thinkpads?
The A485 and A285 are identical to the T480/X280 but with Ryzen instead of Intel.

www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-a-series/A485/p/22TP2TAA485
www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-a-series/ThinkPad-A285/p/22TP2TAA285

Attached: _20180617_151101.jpg (720x805, 75K)

2700U?
2600+ RAM?
Freesync VA or IPS screen?
600+ nits?
Full backlit keyboard?
3+ USB ports?
Thunderbolt?
No retarded tiny arrow keys?
No shit keyboard?
No shit touchpad?
Front facing speakers?
Intel WiFi?

If one of those is missing (besides TB, I can live with that), I'm not touching them

Thinkpad touchpads are all shit. Looks like you shouldn't get it user.

For what reason, can't they just use a better touchpad?

Is there any 13" ryzen laptop with dual channel memory? Or atleast one with tiny ass motherboard. If yes, where could I get a fully socketed "replacement" motherboard?

>600+ nits?
Are you retarded? Not even the vast majority of top-end laptops have 600+ nits displays. I can only think of the Thinkpad X1 family and maybe HP's dreamcolor or whatever they call it.

>RJ45 on a laptop in the year of our Lord the Flying Spaghetti Monster, 2018 AD,

Most desktop monitors don't even have it, even if they call themselves HDR-ready. It's retarded on a laptop though, that just kills the battery. When just doing normie tasks, the displays on most high end laptops consume more than everything else on the board.

it's a laptop made for work.

Thank his noodly appandages that it does! Every damn laptop should have them.

no you use the nipple

the only nipple you thinkpad users will ever touch

Just wait for the 7nm stuff and navi better perf lower power draw better thermals and cheaper I'll get one for lans and daily driver stuff

>No retarded tiny arrow keys?

This is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to laptops. Why do they make them so small especially for a work laptop? I assume that the average office drone is at least using word or excel which means they have to navigate using the arrow keys.

It's retarded.

Disregard the fact that your statement is inaccurate, you are implying that I have physical interest in other people.

>2700U?
Yes
>2600+ RAM?
Possibly
>Freesync VA
No
or IPS screen?
Yes
>600+ nits?
Certainly not
>Full backlit keyboard?
Yes
>3+ USB ports?
Probably
>Thunderbolt?
Yes
No thinkpad has had this
>No shit keyboard?
Depends on your autism
>No shit touchpad?
Sorry
I hope mediocre does it for you
>Front facing speakers?
Keep dreaming
>Intel WiFi?
Yeah probably. Though it might be something else if Intel throws a hissy fit

HOLY SHIT PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS REALLLLL

>rj45 port
>thinkpointer
Please have a sub 13 inch model with OLED :C

I know it's a miracle

A285 with IPS is what you sort of want

nobody made a housefire thinkpad

UNTIL NOW

I also like how he implies that I don't have any nipples

But the x201 and **10 series came out a long time ago?

backlit confirmed?
Me likey!

E585 is better

Attached: lenovo-laptop-thinkpad-e585-hero.png (725x515, 74K)

I mean backlit keyboards on Thinkpads have been a thing for the past 6 years
I doubt they'd skip it considering literally every model worth a shit has had them

Cheaper, but certainly not better.

>Full backlit keyboard
Why? I always turn them off and never use them.

>cheaper
That's incorrect, I've done my research on both and the E585 has more features than the A485, the E585, when it's released, will be more expensive than the A485

>Full backlit keyboard?
>he can't touch type

Attached: brainlet.jpg (505x567, 32K)

new E series is mil spec 810g my friend

When is it being released tho????

Intel based models are out, but for AMD i dont know.

E480 & X240 on the way ^^

Pretty sure thunderbolt is intel exclusive

Intel dissolved the licensing for Thunderbolt, slowpoke

You know that's bullshit.
E385=E380
A485=T480
Now check the reviews on the Intel models of both laptops and tell me with a straight face that you think the E385 isn't going to be a flimsy piece of shit.

Also
>more featues
Like?

Our laptop

Attached: Screenshot_20180617-114839_01.jpg (1080x1723, 372K)

Not with that shitty Acer-tier hinge it's not.

For one bigger screen, also it has dual drive storage, and I mean dual 2.5 drives, along with M.2, A485 doesn't have that
Also worse battery life

kys, macfag

>Intel WiFi?
Who the fuck would ever want intels shitty, buggy, no drivers wifi

So, they just did what they usually do and stick them in their budget-ass devices that will fall apart in a year?

>bigger screen
>13,3 inch is bigger than 14 inch

Attached: 1525356540584.png (1440x1557, 738K)

Its a solid steel hinge on attached to the magnesium rollcage, calm your autism

E585 has a 15.6" screen you brainlet

Attached: 1520799518088.jpg (628x534, 58K)

Well fuck me, i somehow misread your first post as E385 instead of E585.
Well that thing will be decent, still going to be cheaper than the A485. The E series isn't the best quality, they're fully plastic without magnesium rollcage, no hotswappable dual battery and no thunderbolt.

So it's not just 2 tiny clamps held by flimsy plastic that break after a year?

>0.7 inches is nothing
Dicklet detected

still slower than the Intel Xeons. I doubt they have Nvidia Quadros either

Attached: 1524973403552.jpg (1024x838, 125K)

Yeah, all those laptops with Xeons are awesome...

It's cool and all, but I have a bunch of old laptops that run perfectly. I just don't see a reason to buy any new laptop.

why do you say that sarcastically? they're blazing fucking fast

The drones use docks and full sized keyboards.

NVIDIA QUADRO > RADEON VEGA

AMD version still sucks dick

Why are you being retarded? This release has nothing to do with the P series you dipshit(s).
The X series all come without dGPU and the T series gets the MX150 as an option.
Those aren't workstations.

Intel cards just werk with linux from my experience.

no the hinges have always been thew best built part of thinkpads ans still are

>blazing
yea their fucking alright

Attached: 1487455639310.jpg (600x600, 39K)

They don't even work in windows, i fucking doubt they work in linux

>3+ USB ports?
Look at specs, A485 has barely 2 USB ports.
Thanks, Apple. You've managed to ruin laptops (and mobile devices for those who care) for good for everyone.

Yo average sarariman uses desktop provided by the company

Only when you move above certain pay range that you're provided with a laptop, and even then they're mostly cheap celeron shit since you're only expected to do word processinng, spreadsheet and/or slideshow and light internut browsing.

2 USB A and 2 USB C ports.
Looks fine to me, Apple has only 2 type C ports and a headphone jack, this thing has Ethernet, HDMI and a card reader. What else would you want?

hjkl

lol then who gives a fuck

People with a job that aren't /v/irgins who buy muh professional workstations to play games and pretend to be sophisticated.

Attached: 1523881140726.jpg (245x249, 14K)

I want a professional workstation because I do 3D shit and run 3 different development environments and 2 different database environments

kys

No backlit keyboard? It's sad, i want to get ryzen laptop, and it would be perfect replacement for my 5 y/o 11" pseudo-thinkpad, which has same keyboard layout, but i really want backlit keyboard.

I would be if I had any Goodwill left for Lenovo.

But I am hyped for Ryren laptops in general.

Then get a Xeon P50/P51/P52.
Nobody is holding you back. You're the one coming here complaining about how those laptops are not powerfull enough for your personal preference while 90% of Thinkpad owners on Jow Forums still use the T420 and X220. Just fuck off.

At least 4 USB type A connectors, and preferably at least one or two of them 2.0 hooked over a legacy controller for compatibility. I have no idea why manufacturers downgraded. I never had a laptop with less USB ports.

No I just want an AMD with the performance of the P50 but apparently AMD is so fucking incompetent they can't get their chips into any machine that's worth its weight.

AMD survives purely on gamers and their desktop builds. It's pathetic

You know you can always get a gaymur asus with desktop ryzen?

Yes, I forgot it's AMD's fault Intel gives 'healthy' rebates to OEMs to ignore AMD.

It's not AMDs fault, they're not making the laptops. If the Ryzen Thinkpads sell well we'll surely see an AMD Thinkpad workstation next year. At this point it's still experimental to sell high end laptops powered by AMD chips, those things haven't existed for quite some time.
Also this

daily reminder Intel still hasn't paid its 2 billion dollar fine for doing this

>Full backlit keyboard?
Why would you want a lamp shining in your eyes from below when you're trying to concentrate on the screen. Sounds retarded af tbqh.

They paid the one they owed to amd. The one they haven't paid is to some eu entity.

I'm an adult

implying debian hasnt already surpassed the clustershit that is windows in terms of reliability and availability of drivers

>2700U?
Pretty much confirmed
>2600+ RAM?
Possibly
>Freesync VA or IPS screen?
IPS like X280 most likely, although Lenovo will put 1366x768 in base model as usual
Why would you need Freesync on an ultraportable I don't know
>600+ nits?
No, only specialized rugged laptops have 600+ nits
>Full backlit keyboard?
At least as an option
>3+ USB ports?
Pretty much guaranteed seeing as X280 has four
>Thunderbolt?
Possibly, X280 had it
>No shit keyboard?
Most likely same keyboard as X280, they're never going back to X220 keyboard so forget it
>No shit touchpad?
X250-280 had okay touchpads, compared to nearly unusable shit on X220/230 at least.
Why would you need touchpad when an excellent trackpoint is available I don't know
>Front facing speakers?
No, it's too thin
>Intel WiFi?
Unlikely as "AMD=cheaper" mindset is still strong

Attached: 1513046983658.png (411x671, 116K)

>speakers on the thinkpad a485 deliver amazing audio
doubt.tiff.scr
>it dynamically adjusts audio to deliver home theater quality
Oh come on. When can you start suing them for false marketing?

well it does probably deliver the quality of /csg/ "home theater"

Freesync, or adaptive sync in general improves battery life on laptops since the GPU has no reason to overdraw.

And obviously when playing games it's most obvious below 50FPS, where most iGPU laptops will be running at.

Do you seriously intend to play games on a 12" LCD and ULV iGPU?

More than adequate for some older games and emulators, who the fuck would run the newest AAA garbage on that?

Not everyone needs a Sager with a 1440p monitor connected to it you fucking /v/ermin

>Thunderbolt?
>Yes
Isn't thunderbolt Intel shit?

The took away the license fee and are no longer demanding royalties for it

Thunderbolt is Intel shit that Intel made for Apple and Apple forced Intel to open the standard, so now everyone can use it.

>Apple forced Intel to open the standard

Attached: 1494786151678.jpg (250x250, 15K)

What the fuck is a sager

Attached: sader.jpg (500x618, 47K)

A GAYMER laptop

>Apple ditching Intel CPUs
>Apple wants to keep the TB ecosystem so Intel has to give it up or risk some nasty loss of revenue, because Apple has no problem ditching giants( see Nvidia )

Also it's common knowledge Apple co-developed Thunderbolt, also known as LightPeak many years ago.

>an IT admin's dream
>proceeds to spew nonsense brainlet-tier terminology like "let your creativity fly" instead of helpful stuff
they sure know their target audience

Where do you work, an African phone company?

Yeah, non techie bean counters and idiot business managers

A CAC reader

Isn't thunderbolt obsolete and deprecated now that USB3 C is out?

No, thunderbolt 3 and usb c use the same connector.
Thunderbolt 3 is far from obsolete with a transfer speed of up to 40GB/s.

TB has double the bandwidth and has DMA, the latter is far more important than the bandwidth for a number of low latency devices

The A285 might be what i'm looking for.