Planned Obsolescence in Laptops

Is Microsoft draining our power on purpose with every "Creators Update". It seems the battey drain is getting way out of hand.

From 1703 - 1709 (Lost 2-4 hours on a brand new Laptop only 2 months old)

I learned my lesson and blocked those Jews from updating my OS. My colleagues in class installed 1803 on theirs and are now huddling like rats aound the only 2 outlets in the auditorium.

Attached: dell-xps-15-4k-hero1.jpg (1600x1200, 369K)

UWP apps have severe power management issues.

They, for some reason, require 5% of CPU on idle, so the CPU is constantly working, doing nothing.

>I learned my lesson and blocked those Jews from updating my OS.
They'll probably unblock it anyway.

>They'll probably unblock it anyway.
This.

OP, there is no way to make windows do only what you want it to do. Don't even try. I used to think Stallman was crazy calling Windows malware, it is malware by any meaningful definition.

After creators update, I start to get random shutdowns and restarts while the PC is on idle. If wasn't such a pain to set all my shit, I would go back to w7. Holly shit, w10 updates make shit worse, instead of fixing shit. Sometimes my printer refuse to work, and if I hook my friend w8.1 notebook, everything works flawless.

I am beyond mad, even on the beta I didn't got so much shit problems

gpedit.msc seems to be doing alright.

Macbooks don’t have this problem :)

Sounds like a "You" issue.

Take my advice: just stop updating windows. Run a virus/malwarebytes scan every so often, update your Flash player, keep your OS up to date (and use a fork of chromium or firefox if you don't like the main browsers).

Trust me, MS has completely screwed up their updates. You know the spectre/meltdown patches for instance? STILL NOT FIXED. 1709 was supposed to fix it, but that did jack squat. 1803 was supposed to fix it, still not fixed. Worse yet, Windows 7 was broken even worse and they had to emergency patch it because of their incompetence.

Do you want to trust Microsuck with a computer you built and paid for?

Nope not with me. Settings stayed the same and only Apps used were excel, adobe reader, word and windows snip it tool. Those are the only things I use in my classes. Same day after install I lost 2-4 hours.

Yep That's why I put on plug on Windows updates. If I were to hop over to Linux could I still have the mulifinger touchpad function? Would my 4k Touchscreen still work?

(Laptop in OP's pic related)

use GNU + Linux then you fucking cuck.

And don't forget to install TLP!

They have physical problems like shit keyboard that breaks.

I've had enough with Windows, I'm putting Linux on my next machine

This

I was surprised how much it extended battery life. Just make sure you start it while the machine is running off of battery and not AC.

To stop windows update after gpedit dint work i wrote my own service that stops uodate, intelligent transfer and 2 more i cant remember now. It worked for a while and suddenly windows started downloading updates through svchost somehow... i cant even...

You could try going through your services and scheduled tasks and disable any that are unnecessary.
Perhaps also check your power settings werent changed in the update
>Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options

Try with a live usb iso.
Flash the iso with whatever software there is on windows after downloading it, disable secure boot in boot menu, then boot on the usb drive.
If you get latest mint, manjaro or ubuntu, you should have no problem using everything.

This is exactly what a You problem is. You are looking for confirmation bias on an imageboard that hates Windows so that you can pit the blame on Windows. In reality if a Windows update cut life by 2-4h there would be an uproar form everyone and not just you and your made up friends.

YesI've done that too. I have gpedit.msc and services.msc under my control. Yet still I lost 2-4 hours using the same apps have the same power config. It's not me.

That is the reason for me blocking and asking if this is a scam microsoft is plotting. We are at the point where normal use of a Laptop (Surfing, taking notes, editing text, typical college stuff) needn't have a CPU anywhere over 2.8 GHz. The most easiest component to cause and artificial wear and tear is the battery. And some manufacturers are even placing the battery so far under, that you'd have to rip open the motherboard just to find it. Some are even glued to the back like smartphones.

They need that average Laptop life of max. 2 years to continue in order to keep selling imo.

good thx

The consumer doesn't even know what they are purchasing anymore. They are throwing out money for laptops with NO dedicated GPU and a laptop running a Snapdragon CPU.

>Windows.photo.exe suddenly starts maxing out two cores even though I never opened it
>causing my 2700x to ramp up to 4.2ghz at 1.5V and fans at max

Microsoft is literally fucking retarded. I was able to solve it by going into the advanced options under "Apps and features" in the metro settings and turning off background apps