wayne.edu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>$120,000
>Ruby
>3.75 or 3.7, i can't remember

- Salary
120k + bonus
- Primary language used for work
Python + Haskell (used about equally and together).
- Undergrad GPA
Oof (I can't remember but it wasn't good)

Attached: waifthon.gif (400x480, 124K)

>$40000 CAD
>English
>3

250,000 usd
Javascript

$70k
Java

>2.1
>2.2

What university even let you graduate on that?

Attached: 1469656490556.png (166x166, 14K)

>80k salary, 100k total comp (not bay area)
>python, c and java
>3.6

>job hunting
>proficient in x86, C, C++, and Python
>3.02
I'm just not getting interviews. My standards for a salary offer keep going down.

1) not paid yet
2) will be C++
3) 2.851 computer engineering

>$1,000,000
>Scheme
>1.2

>₹686,000
>Java
>?

Attached: one_handed_typing.gif (300x169, 1.06M)

>85k
>Java/Python
>Self-taught

graduated one year ago
>75k
>bash, c, python
>2.7-3.0 don't remember, but wasn't good.

Javascript
Undergrad 4.5, grad 3.4 coz i realized i could play games instead

>$43,000
>powershell
>don't remember, dropped out of uni after a half semester and 4 semesters at cc

>not asking us to list our cost of living and years of employment
okay well salary is kinda useless here then

>$100k
>java
>idk, like a 3.2? doesn't matter after your first job tbqh

122k usd (midwest)
R and Python
3.91, computer science bioinformatics

CSU Channel Islands

Meant to reply
C's get degrees

>110k
>ruby
>2.7 in liberal arts major

wayne.edu/

> 160 base, roughly doubled after bonus
> C++
> garbage. ~3.25 after 2.5 years of 2.6-ish GPA then last 3 consecutive 4.0 semesters at the end when I realized I would need a job at some point.

same on the GPA remark. if you plot my gpa against time it looks like a capacitor charging up. nothing but Ds, Fs and Cs freshmen and sophomore year, constantly rejected from internships due to GPA, then ~36 credits worth of As almost got me to a 3.

>not stating university
gpa is meaningless if you don't state what uni you went to
t. 3.3let from meme state school

Powershell
Dropout

Turned down a 12k raise to work from home. Now I work 3 days a week and on call twice per quarter.

1. $53,000
2. Java, Javascript, mySQL

kill me

No one cares about your GPA in the real world- oh wait I'm talking to career academics and neets here.

Be happy for your it jobs
You could be like me, veterinary, that have to make sacrifices sometimes, timeshifts in weekend and have a shit salary

Every single interview I've ever been to, I've been asked my GPA (entry level). As soon as "2-" slips my lips the interviewers all look at each other and roll their eyes. I'm aggressively unemployed

Assembly

Sorry, work shifts

C

120k burger bucks
nodejs, python

I'm a systems engineer though so I have to read and write code but not really write software

HTML
lmao

>40k
>Matlab
>First class
>24 yo

No one has ever asked for my GPA.

You'd be better off with a portfolio showing what you are capable of.

40k GBP that is

>Masters in electric engineering
Abbout 4k a month

Employer here. What's the GPA of just your major specific classes? If it's higher than a 3.0, lead with that. Then say you focused way more on "the important stuff" and filler courses like underwater basket weaving suffered as a result.

But if your major specific classes average to an even lower 2.x GPA, kys my man

you americans make lost of money
20k bong here.

>100k (maryland)
>None
>dropped out of CS

Splunk, sys monitoring, automation

Thinking about going back to get a degree, but im honestly tired of tech but nothing else pays as well that also doesn't require 7+ years of college.
Don't know what to do

Best I can do it literally bring my transcripts with me to show them that I went from Cs/Ds early in my university career to straight As as I got further along. But nobody really gives a shit omegalul

Attached: Duke Sweatum.png (250x250, 72K)

i have multiple FOSS projects on github with non-trivial amounts of stars and forks, but i did CompE so it's not like I can just build a couple ezpz web apps and call it a portfolio like a 2.x CS student can

Why not? A job is a job regardless of if you majored specifically for it.

Because I have 0 interest in web dev and if that's my first job, that's a great way to get pigeonholed

post github you larper

>$60,000
>Java
>2.7

I think how long you've been in-industry would be a neat stat too.

>post a thing that links to your personal website with all of your contact and real life info

fuck off

Literally nobody has asked my GPA. Funny how different experiences can be.

I earn what my company earns. earned ~61k good boy points after taxes last year
english
never went to college.

We can't have it all and there's no shame in taking what you can get. If you're more interested in CE, why'd you get a 2.x? Was it from classes unrelated to your field? I thought it was bullshit to have to spend thousands of dollars + time and energy to pass classes like government just to get a degree. Sure, the time and energy is whatever, but as soon as some fuckheads start profiting off of my work without actually giving me anything necessary in return, that's where I draw the line. So I dropped out, made my own portfolio, and got hired before most of my friends graduated.

The big difference is that I am one of those CS students.

>$175k USD base + year end bonus and RSUs depending on how good of a year it was. My total comp last year was $250k

>Without going into detail I maintain / update SQL databases and accompanying software for a bank.

There are 3 different software programs that are used to run this data and spit out reports that my bank uses to determine borrowing bases etc. for companies big enough to be listed on the NYSE and NASDAQ. I am an expert in all 3 software packages plus the back-end stuff. This software is standard throughout my industry so every company uses one of these 3 programs to communicate with banks. It's a shitty explanation but that is the main gist of it.

>I don't remember. I think I had like a 3.4 GPA

I have a 2.x because I got molested by my intro classes. After a year or so you finally settle into good studying habits and start banging out As and Bs but you're already too deep into credits with low scores that it's nearly impossible to get your head back above water. Kinda feels like debt tbqh

English
95/100

What're the interview process like for banks?

>proficient in x86, C, C++, and Python
>proficient in C++
>not getting offers
you seriously think you are proficient in C++?

>$51k CAD
>ruby / javascript
>u wot

>proficient
u better not use those words or you'll be classified as pahjeet-tier

company/location?

42.000 € before taxes (in fucking Germany)
2 years of experience, Typescript/JS/Angular, Java/SpringBoot

1>50,000
2>Powershell
3>2.09

*61000€
*Bash
*2 year college degree

Attached: success breeds.jpg (960x850, 649K)

They ask if you have a hooked nose.

That's it.

>35k
>math
>3.5

>$70,000
>C#/Typescript
>3.5
Should I get a new job?

Yeah, because you can see sharp.

Can someone please give me an "explain like I have 6 IQ" why Typescript even exists?

WHERE ARE ALL OF YOU FAGGOTS GETTING THESE RIDICULOUSLY HIGH PAYING JOBS

I'd be willing to bet there's a lot of larping itt.

>posting salary without posting location
This thread is shit

Attached: 1528848919986.jpg (1024x678, 95K)

yep this is going to my compilation

Not hard if you're not a retard. I had a 3.56 GPA and got a 75k job out of college and I live in the south

$120k (but live in CA)
Perl
3.3 (my interviewer told me it was shit and I shouldn't put it on my resume, still got the job)
I graduated six months ago for context
God bless America
My friends in Europe have a Master's over me and get paid a third

Attached: 1529115234926-v.jpg (717x640, 49K)

>write obfuscated Perl for a living

oh shit

what do you think about inverse Perl?

I live in America too and I make literally half what you fags make

what city?

Teacher or brainlet?

not going to dox myself, why don't you tell me what city you're making big money in?

No idea what that is desu
I hadn't even seen perl before I got the job
Only scripting experience was in Python
Lived in a southern state before CA, and I can attest the salary bump is to make up for cost of living

Really? the daily programming threads are pretty popular and most of the people posting there are probably working in software dev, where $60k+ is average for entry level.

Then again, the shitbrain (muh custom computer build!! threads) threads outnumber the intelligent discussion threads

Which people do you think are making big money? I don't think I am (making $65,000). I live in Orlando

sf bay area.
jobs here pays well, but the cost of living here is also higher.

/dpt/ is a bunch of autists trying to show everyone how ~esoteric~ their C knowledge is. Very few people here are employed, or even probably university graduates at that.

Degree? If yes, in what? If no, why not?
GPA or side projects?
Current job?

Just curious to see why you are not making that much. I live in GA. Not in Atlanta though.

Yeah 65k ain't much, lots of anons ITT making 90k+, do they just all live in California?

I run my own business :3

Because JS sucks to write code in

>dox myself
>city
I now see why you get paid shit.

>~$100k
>C++
>the fuck is a GPA

I know people who browse Jow Forums IRL

What makes TS better in any way? The only explanation I've gotten is it "adds strong typing" to your JS but everytime I've sifted through a TS project there's no typing to be found and just looks like generic ECMAscript

The califags make 120k+ because cost of living is so stupidly high there. Same for people working in NYC, Seattle, etc. You gotta look at where they live. 65k in NYC is poverty but decent in GA or the Midwest. That's why posting salary without posting location is retarded.

>3.5 gpa
>brainlet
really wondering what made you think that

and no, not quite a teacher but a postdoc at a research institute

what's your daily job like?

#include
int main(void)
{
printf (“No, you’re wrong”);
return 0;
}

Oh I never really went into them because I think discussing programming is usually really boring outside of a work/coworking on a personal project context
I'm not sure how old they are, but I'd say the average entry-level is $65k outside of the SF bay.

From some Glassdoor searching, a senior programmer who's been with my company for 4 years is making $90k, so I assume if I stay for a few years I'll make that much.

But from what I understand, you get the biggest salary boosts from switching companies. Buddy of mine made $55k in Minneapolis, switched to working at Target as a developer and makes $80k now.

>“
won't compile

With that stack in Germany you can easily make double.