Best ~$200 android?

Best ~$200 android?

Attached: 924C30BE-0EDC-4F1F-B8D2-317CE024F173.jpg (710x399, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/lg-extends-warranty-to-30-months-for-those-affected-by-bootloop-issue/
youtube.com/watch?v=WOK2KxJ9Rf8
youtube.com/watch?v=Pvp-HeZs62A
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_a2_(mi_6x)-9140.php
gsmarena.com/lenovo_p2-8319.php
gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s9 -8967.php
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=8967#show
ph.priceprice.com/mobilephones/news/Sony-is-not-calling-it-quits-on-smartphone-business-says-company-s-CEO-4578/
youtube.com/watch?v=Qft3jgz4wOU
youtube.com/watch?v=JI4s6A5of68
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm still using a 2015 Galaxy J5. Only downside is the camera, but I don't take many photos. It's literally perfect otherwise. Only manchildren care about muh performance in a phone, for the purpose of playing "bing bing wahoo" money sinks.

I use a Note 4 as my primary phone and a Moto X Play as a backup. The Note 4 is running Lineage 15.1 and is probably the best phone I've ever used at any price point, and the Moto X is also pretty good, albeit a bit cheap in the hand.

Both are under $150, and well worth the money.

moto e4 plus

Huawei Mate SE

Attached: huawei-mate-se-hero-render-final.jpg (800x800, 52K)

Xiaomi Mi A1

Attached: 64ac1632-6993-4bdd-9616-8eebd764fd83.jpg (361x361, 23K)

This. Note 4 is the best phone I've ever used, coming from some dude with an LG G6. Lineage only makes it better.

Redmi Note 5
>18:9
>64GB ROM/ 4GB RAM
>pretty damn good dual lens camera
>quick updates since it's xiaomi (and it comes with 8.1 onboard)
>4000mah battery - i charge my phone every 3 days and end up with 7-8 hours of SOT
literally perfect

Based

Attached: 1529172191464.png (4298x3345, 1.05M)

Pixel OG. Google updates for a while, and unlimited photo backup for free. Anything uploaded from the Pixel. Meaning it'll be useful after EOL afaik. Used on eBay for $160-170ish.

LG v20
>AKA the last GOOD smartphone ever released
>Removable back case and batteries
>SD card slot
>Fuckton of features (NFC, IR blaster, fucking AUX port)
>Flagship
>Two fucking screens
>Not some chink shit that will have it ports corroded within 1 month of use (fucking redmi Note 4)

Attached: Lg v20.jpg (1200x800, 152K)

If this monstrosity somehow gets water resistance and an even bigger battery capacity in the next iteration, they could've very likely succeeded in making a perfect smartphone. You forgot to mention an unlockable bootloader (which means good custom ROM support due to a Snapdragon SoC), micro SD card slot and a 3.5mm jack.

>Not some chink shit that will have it ports corroded within 1 month of use (fucking redmi Note 4)
do you keep your phone inside of your vagina or what?
how would that even happen

besides that
>bootloops
NEVER trust LG products

>AKA the last GOOD smartphone ever released
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/lg-extends-warranty-to-30-months-for-those-affected-by-bootloop-issue/
I wouldn't consider this good. Also source on this:

Nokia 6.1

>bezels in 2018

Get the fuck outta here

Is that a Galaxy Note 4 or a Redmi Note 4? I have the latter and it's the best phone I've ever used - I have LOS 15.1 too and it's perfect

I don't know, I just got a Moto G6 play for 129€ because people told me it was a good deal.

Nokia 6.1 is the perfect midranger.

Attached: 61eGeaQ45VL._SX569_.jpg (569x569, 36K)

I've had this RN4 for a year now, it's the same as when I bought it and with LineageOS it's basically even better. How the fuck does that even happen?!

This.

No bloatware at all.

>locked bootloader
>3000mAh
>far more capable camera hardware exists in the same price range
Hardly perfect.

(Samsung I assume ) Note 4 user here, how's Lineage? Been thinking about ditching the Google bloat and the Samsung shit on top hogging half of my RAM and CPU %

The Redmi aux port getting corroded and making it think the earphones were connected 24/7 Is from my personal experience, though looking it up seems like it's a common problem.
Also MIUI is awful, and cannot even connect to a hidden wifi ssid

as for the the famous bootloop issue, I think it mostly applies to devices that came out earlier than the V20. Even though the V20 might bootloop with the wrong usb-c cable.

I upgraded to it from my LG G2 recently and can't complain much. There was a some overheating though before I disabled all the Google garbage.

*blocks your path*

Attached: Huawei-Mate-SE-2-1068x622.jpg (1068x622, 35K)

>The Redmi aux port getting corroded and making it think the earphones were connected 24/7 Is from my personal experience, though looking it up seems like it's a common problem.
I've found report of this, although it doesn't seem like a difficult or expensive fix.
>Also MIUI is awful, and cannot even connect to a hidden wifi ssid
Why were you even using MIUI on one of the most developer friendly devices?
>as for the the famous bootloop issue, I think it mostly applies to devices that came out earlier than the V20. Even though the V20 might bootloop with the wrong usb-c cable.
There's nothing to speculate about, as the very model was involved in a class action lawsuit against LG. You are waiting for an inevitable bootloop.

I actually ordered it two weeks ago, it should arrive any day now. I just wish it had a better camera and an OLED panel. Otherwise, it seems like a great phone.

>far more capable camera hardware exists in the same price range

spoiler: you can't name a better camera

>spoiler: you can't name a better camera
I can't name a specific camera hardware which is better, but I can name the phones that feature it:
youtube.com/watch?v=WOK2KxJ9Rf8
youtube.com/watch?v=Pvp-HeZs62A

Clearly, that's what I meant.

Alright, I guess the Xiaomi phones are clearer.

I'd wait for the Xiaomi MI A2 because the first version is always a beta version compared to the 2nd one.

Fine. Maybe I cannot bring myself to dislike LG devices with the G2 serving well me for 4+ years and still being my backup device.
I do know there's no other phone within the price range of the V20 that has the same amount of features.
I just hope the bootloop issue is not as inevitable as you say.

>chink shit with non-unlockable bootloader
Suspicious.

By the time you want to unlock the bootloader, you will be looking at a new phone. Who keeps a $200 phone for more than 4 years anyway?

>By the time you want to unlock the bootloader
What are your owners hiding, "Nokia" shill?

which one has the best camera? i literally dont care about performance, all i use my phone for is Jow Forums, music player, and photos. my redmi note 3 pros camera sucks ass though, literally embarrased to share phone photos because it looks so bad.

>I'd wait for the Xiaomi MI A2 because the first version is always a beta version compared to the 2nd one.
gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_a2_(mi_6x)-9140.php

>3000mah battery

Why is this still a thing? My $50 Huawei phone has a 4000mah battery.

and what phone might that be?

I never understood it either. Clearly there's enough space. Even on 5.5" devices.
gsmarena.com/lenovo_p2-8319.php

>no mSD support
>no 3.5 jack
Worse than the original

I buy a new phone every Black Friday. Best deal of the year. Works great and can replace it with the next best value phone on the next Black Friday. They deliver it right to my door.

Attached: 6154099.attach.jpg (423x463, 25K)

It's stupid, right? You can have a 400 series Qualcomm processor but as long as you have a 4000mah or better battery, people will buy it just for the long standby time.

Every phone should have 5000mah by now.

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s9 -8967.php
This is how much Samsung could muster on a 6.2" device - 3500 mAh. Not to mention on a plus version of said device.
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3?idPhone=8967#show
If you notice, it is also lower than the score of its predecessor. Baffling. If they drop the curved edge gimmick and include a 4000 mAh battery in the next iteration, their devices would once again be worth buying.

They follow Apple too closely, which also skimps on battery to make you buy a new phone every 2 years. Just forget Samsung and go with the phone with the biggest battery and bang for the buck.

I've owned every Galaxy S until the S5 (with the exception of the S4) and what I now have is an actual upgrade to the S5 - Redmi Note 5.

I can't deal with MIUI.

The camera is decent for it's price, especially since it comes with manual camera controls (can adjust ISO, exposure time, focus, lens used, white balance), you can get a lot better pictures with manual controls than what auto does.

Also Google HDR+ port makes it even better

Redmi Note 5 Global atm

This. The Note 5 is fucking amazing in terms of specs and has already decent custom ROMs and kernels by Pajeet. It's a steal for the money.

>still no OIS
fucking retards, that's probably the only negative I can think of for the Mi A1

Xiaomi Mi A1

Redmi Note 5 Global.
This thing just doesn't die on you, camera is impressive and performance is smooth as a nice girl's ass

>MIUI
>perfect

Me neither, that's why you use custom ROMs.

NO DUAL BAND WIFI IN 2018

It has dual band, just N dual band. Not AC.

>finish products are now chinkshit
By your definition iPhones and Samsungs are also chinks hit since they're made on China.

That's right.

>no fucking sd card in 2018
>no 3.5mm jack
>improvement
Only apple considers that an improvement.

Moto Z Play (2016)

5.5" super amoled, Oreo, 16MP (4k 30fps)/5MP cameras, 3,500 mah, a small bonus is aptX with bluetooth and the major drawback would be it's 5.5" 16:9 in 2018 but it's comfy to use.

At least iPhones are assembled in China but developed by America. Chinkshit is developed/sold/marketed by China.

You will dislike it pretty soon when it bootloops, btw as part of the class auction you're entitled to a 400 USD discount on a new LG phone or 200 in cash, provided you're in the US
That's how inevitable bootloops are

Guys I have a N910c note 4 still on 5.1 Can anyone recommend a good rom? (if possible with working fingerprint)

Get any Sony. Stay away from chinkshit.

Get a phone from a company which is slowly shutting down its smartphone manufacturing segment. What could possibly go wrong?
ph.priceprice.com/mobilephones/news/Sony-is-not-calling-it-quits-on-smartphone-business-says-company-s-CEO-4578/

>company which is slowly shutting down its smartphone manufacturing segment
>article literally says Sony is NOT calling it quits on smartphone business
Are you a blind nigger? Anyway, Sony phones are solid, have had an Xperia for 5 years, still works, it looks used, but not a single scratch on the screen and the performance is like it was bought two days ago, meanwhile I see samsung niggers chinkshit lovers with cracked screens changing phone every year. Better buy phones from a company who actually knows how to make them.

Attached: 1518904364067.png (400x392, 226K)

>article literally says Sony is NOT calling it quits on smartphone business
>i only read headlines of the articles
Where is the unsubscribe button on your blog again?

Nowhere in the article does it say it's "slowly shutting it down", whatever the fuck you think is implied by some wording in the article is nothing but a conjecture and your bullshit opinion.

I was thinking of getting a redmi note 5, but Id be willing to pay $150-200CAD(so like $450CAD) more for something else with better specs if its worth it. So far the note 5 seems like the best value. Any suggestions?

>slowly shutting it down
Who insisted on the exact wording? And they themselves aren't sure of their future in the smartphone department.
>However, it seems, the continuation of Sony in the smartphone business is strategic than for profit. In an interview given to The Guardian, Hirai said, "the company is in mobile business not because the smartphones are the future, but because it aims to have some devices connected to a network in order to communicate." He added, "If we get out of the (Communications) space, we won't have the opportunity to play in the next paradigm shift."
>Hirai stressed that the company is looking beyond the smartphone business which he referred to as "Communications business", without revealing the specifics
I surely want to buy smartphones from this company.

>the company is in mobile business not because the smartphones are the future, but because it aims to have some devices connected to a network in order to communicate
That exactly means that it's not getting out of smartphone business any time soon. But you can buy chinkshit or samshit or God forbid applel if you want your phone to shit the bed in the first year.

It's old news now. The 625 is nearly 3 years old. I'd wait for the 6 unless you need a phone right now.

You don't need faster, you could get more power efficient, but it's good enough, screen efficiency advancement would be required to give it much longer SOT and standby is hardly constricting already.

The Redmi Note 5 has a SD636, though. It's an underclocked SD660 and pretty fucking good.

Sorry, should've clarified I'm looking at the 636 version with 4GB RAM, I wouldn't consider the 625 version.

>chinkshit
>samshit
>applel
>if you want your phone to shit the bed in the first year
Surely you have proof of this, and exactly of that in the first year. How could you not with all the relevant Jow Forums buzzwords.

Huawei Honor 7X

EMUI has some stupid "features" (design choices, I guess) but the main thing is it isn't backdoored to the FBI/NSA/CIA, but rather China. That's specifically why they said not to buy Huawei phones, "for your protection".

But the trick is that China can't arrest you, a US citizen in the US, for wrongthink. But that's exactly what the US does, and exactly why you shouldn't buy anything built by an American or South Korean (aka still American) company.

Ask me anything.

Attached: 1502242952782.jpg (715x651, 73K)

you're looking at the Pro

where did you see that phone for ~$200?

are you aware that you are a deer

N-no, I'm not a deer...

Attached: 1528594662582.jpg (259x259, 8K)

That's the Pro, dumbass.

Wait for the Note 6. The 625 processor is not worth buying anymore.

>I wouldn't consider the 625 version
You wouldn't consider it for what? The only task it ins't capable of performing is PS2 emulation, which the software for is very early stages of development.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qft3jgz4wOU
youtube.com/watch?v=JI4s6A5of68
What more could you possibly need?

Is in

The 625 is fairly old. It was worth buying like 2 years ago but not anymore.

If you want to save money, buy it, but I don't think anybody should buy it unless their current phone is literally unusable.

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5
I think India had the 625 version or something, only shops where I can find 625 Redmi Note 5 are Indian. Anyway you should always buy the Global version, because why not and that one is 100% 636.

you have legs though
deers have legs

You must uh... be mistaking me for someone else. I'm, uh... I'm not sure what you're talking about. H-heh I don't have legs like a deer.

Attached: 1511320781199.gif (250x220, 1.58M)

pajeet detected

You are just repeating yourself, but saying nothing and confirming nothing.

Is the Motorola moto g5s any good? Specs look decent for a ~€150 phone.

Why does the US seem so beholden to Israel?

You guys are wasting your time buying a phone with a 625 processor. It was the big processor of early 2017 but now it's basically being clearanced out for the next gen chipsets with a more efficient process.

There are no real drawbacks unless you gayyme, so he can only keep on repeating himself.

How are you liking that 7X? Pros? cons?

AIPAC silly, otherwise there wouldn't be the same level of support

based retard

You're better off getting a chinkfone or a 2-3 year old flagship.

Would you recommend the version with 636 then? Or is there something significantly better for less than $200 more?