How does macOS get away with having shitty window management in current year?

How does macOS get away with having shitty window management in current year?

I bet most of you haven't even used macOS so you have no idea how bad it is, but macOS has no modern window management, as in you can't slide a window to the left or right to do automatic splitscreen view, can't drag it all the way to the top of the screen to do automatic full screen, etc. All this is only available with paid apps. Why

Attached: AppGrid-setting-window-1024x632.jpg (1024x632, 86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/koekeishiya/chunkwm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I dunno but windows is complete retard at managing windows as well. Why is it that when I open two of the same program, they stack right on top of each other? This forces me to drag one somewhere else literally every single time a new app opens. This should be automatic, how the fuck did this get past testing?

it has pretty good multiple desktop support instead and most people use it on laptops with display scaling so there isn't much room for multiple windows

What the fuck is that shortcut

In order of each symbol:
Shift, Option, Command
Option is basically Mac's alt, and Command is Mac's Windows button

intuitive

I use a free app called Shiftit to do this. It also lets you set the keyboard shortcuts for doing so.

That doesn't excuse Apple's shitty software of course.

>shift
Meant ctrl

Attached: macosymbols.jpg (736x952, 45K)

MacOS does have native split screen.
Hold down maximize button until screen changes, move screen as desired and it will snap into place. Still not as good as using Magnet or Spectacle dedicated tiling manager apps, tho.

i have the cracked version of bettertouchtool, but it stops working from time to time, so you have to restart it which is a pain in the ass
good program though

>How does macOS get away with having shitty window management in current year?

Attached: 1513507210235.jpg (1024x768, 232K)

>Buying macs
>Complain on Jow Forums afterwards
It’s like pottery.

They don't use Windows. They use apps.

>paid apps

Spectacle is free

7TT doesn't have this problem.

Actually, you can. You're just retarded. Click and hold the green button.

MACTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Still the best OS available. What is it's comptetition? Windows or Linux? roflmao

LOL Not even remotely

>literal hieroglyphic shortcuts

There's a 3$ app on appstore for window managing if you really need it.
I've been using Mac for a year and a half and I'm never going back to windows or linux.
Literally no reason

>Using legacy symbols in their software
>Haven't printed the symbols on their keyboards for years

this

no they don't you hapa mong,
they cascade. this has been
default behavior since Win3x.

Magnets is great. I'm with you, no point in using Wangblows or GNPoo/Linux in current year

because macOS workflows revolve around using spaces, trackpad gestures, and mission control; not micromanaging a hundred windows on one screen, you fucking brainlet.

Attached: 1405144186613.jpg (371x400, 31K)

Hi Louis!

Attached: (((rossmann))).jpg (1200x624, 103K)

>gesture ui is trash

Sure, ok, you may like it, but many people don't. Why are all those people who would prefer to use traditional solutions forced to use the Apple way? Why can't Apple let their users have choice?

apple users don't have preferences, they picked apple because they don't care about choice, they want to be told how they can use their hardware

says the fucking brainlet who bends over and takes it up the ass from microsoft (via windows 10" phallus) because of "MUH DX12 GAYMEZ"

... where did i say i use windows?

Their paradigm of Window Management cames from the paradigm of Classic macOS. They have added shit from Windows window management in the years.
Its no "bad" its "different"

I've been doing this for years with a free application

> iToddlers actually believe it's the best OS available

For desktop use it is. I've never understood this obsession with running one OS on everything. I run OS X on my desktop, Linux on my HTPC/file server, FreeBSD on a server I only fire up for shit like video transcoding, OpenBSD on my laptops, Windows on my UMPC, and Linux on my router (although this I've been meaning to switch to OpenBSD).

>using a non-free software on your non-free OS

Uh...

but, the green stoplight button does all of that?

This is objective, you may like it more but this doesn't make it the best. I personally don't like it's window manager/desktop environment much. Also an update a while ago caused my 2015 rMBP to occasionally freeze when using Apple's WebKit, forcing me to switch from Safari to Chrome. This took months for them to fix and I couldn't roll back the update without a time machine backup. I used macOS for many years, but I've come to like Linux way more, I actually have control over my machine now.

*subjective

This is subjective, you may like it more but this doesn't make it the best
I agree. For my uses it's the best. Essentially I use it as a thin client. Mostly browsing and rarely some gaming, I'll do light work locally, but anything intensive I ssh into one server or another. I've actually wanted to switch to OpenBSD on my desktop but I really like having a trackpad for gestures. With Linux I could still use the trackpad but it wouldn't work as well as OS X and OpenBSD dropped their Bluetooth stack altogether several versions ago. It's really the only thing stopping me. I've been meaning to set up a machine with OpenBSD and use Synergy with OS X as the host.

It doesn't make his points any less valid. This is Jow Forums not .

Our Location

We are located in Crevalcore, a foggy town near Bologna. We love to tether our MacBooks in romantic cafes or silent libraries. Once a year we also love to travel to San Francisco to attend WWDC. If you see us walking past, say hello!

>How does macOS get away with having shitty window management in current year?
Easily. Window management isn't important to non-obsessives.
Now wipe your chin.

Does make all his points invalid, since he's a proven liar too.

>Hey I have problem
>"lol that isn't important"

classic apple, thank you based steve for showing us the customer is always wrong

This. Fucking Wincels users are retarded.

>what is chunkwm and why am i a retard?

github.com/koekeishiya/chunkwm

I use Spectacle

Prove it

Remember the "Oh, Apple will sue me!" bullcrap?
Guess what? He wasn't to be sued to begin.
Also, he sais their parents are Italian, but his surname isn't south italian or sardinian.