Is the lack of women in stem an actual problem in your opinion?

is the lack of women in stem an actual problem in your opinion?.

Attached: 2012-08-My-Story-from-the-Women-in-Tech-Trenches1.jpg (1024x512, 260K)

No. I have no problem with women being interested in tech, hell I would even encourage it, My CS classes in college were all nerdy dudes a QTs joining would be cool.

However the obsession with making the industry have 50% women and blaming sexism when it's not is ridiculous. Women are just not as interested in STEM as men, and that's okay.

Why would it be?

I think the lack of my stem in women is the problem.

So long as they are genuinely interested and want to pursue it that's fine. Sadly i bet they can get 50/50 signups, but actual graduates will look pretty different.

Just don't be a fucking retard and screech like women are your enemy.

No more than the lack of women working as garbage collectors

>Do I support this sceme to increase competition in STEM and drive down my wage?

No.

noooo

Side note: but if you're a dropout and/or have no skills you can make a decent wage being a garbageman.

no, just like a lack of male nurses isn't a problem

we need to encourage more stay at home dads, less men, means higher quality

no
who gives a fuck

As if it matters? Why does gender matter in this field? People are people. The best do well but the people who aren't don't.

Nope

Actually the problem is forcing people into places based on characteristics like these. It doesn't help anyone.

I find it's being blown out of proportion. If women truly wanted to work in STEM they wouldn't let some tiny stigma slow them down. As it stands now the magical "lack of women" comes from women that want to be hired to fill a gender quota and not work at all in a comfy cubicle with a computer and air conditioner.

I don't see anyone complaining about the lack of women in the coal mining industry or any other manual labor job.

Cause 2018 is all about identity politics now. Everything has to be politically progressive or you're a racist bigot homophobic nazi

The only problem is that the differentiation of payment and social prestige granted by any given job is arbitrarily dictated by the inherently anti-humanistic logic of capitalism.

Attached: Pipe-Smoking-Baby.jpg (364x344, 20K)

Equality of opportunity, not outcome.

The people that push this stuff never talk about the other side of the coin, just play the victim card and pretend giving people an advantage due to their gender/race isn't unfair and harmful.

Don't make me start the helicopter user.

I wish pol would leave

weak bait or retarded

yes, I can't meet women to date and I hate going to retarded discos filled with meatheads and bimbos