PHOTOSHOP IS DEAD

This is the future

Attached: [email protected] (300x273, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx
davidrevoy.com/
github.com/PixarAnimationStudios/USD
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>no linux support
>no odragonflybsd support
Yeah, okay, sure bud

Who the fuck does art work on linux? Actually, let's be real, barely anyone uses linux period. This doesn't matter at all.

Get out

>
>Actually, let's be real, barely anyone uses linux period.

Umm, it's the most popular operating system in the world. Something like 98% of web servers.

It's amazing how proprietary software can pop up out of nowhere and complete surpass and eternally btfo gimp in an instant.

netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx

>Umm, it's the most popular operating system in the world. Something like 98% of web servers.
Because everyone runs Photoshop from their personal web server. Give me a break.

Attached: green lex luthor.png (321x306, 199K)

Krita isn't that bad.

Attached: 1479083161248.jpg (600x655, 32K)

It's on most webservers because it costs nothing and no user has to interact with the OS.

>Shameless self promotion

But does it have green peppers?
Checkmate fagboi, green is my pepper wins again baby.

He's right and you know it. The marketshare of GNU/Linux is something like 3% right? And just because Jow Forums is filled with a disproportionate number of GNU/Linux users ricing out their OS and browsing nothing more than Jow Forums on it doesn't preclude any non-GNU/Linux applications from being discussed.

Looks interesting, and more interesting is the fact that it supports Photoshop plug-ins to some extent. The Persona feature seems equally interesting, although it may be pushing towards gimmicky since hotkeys will always be more efficient than UI. Filter layers is neat too. I'm interested to see how effective their quick selection tool is for things like hair and finer points like that. It'll be interesting to see how it develops in the future, but I don't think you'll see any more than a few enterprises adopting it in the future just on the basis of lacking familiarity.

What is this shit and is it FOSS

>Umm, it's the most popular operating system in the world. Something like 98% of web servers.

proof. in fairness, no one has a good sampling on this question and enumerating publicly facing infrastructure isn't really telling you much.

>is it FOSS
It's good, so no.

Zero reason to use it over PS then
try again sweety

>This proprietary botnet is dead, now we have another proprietary botnet!
Even if I wanted to try it, it requires me to use a malware instead of an OS

Attached: 1529037123566.jpg (591x633, 37K)

This
OP is likely a paid shill

neckbeard detected

I like it and use it with my unreal engine 4 tm game.

it runs very fast and makes good pixels. i'm happy that I paid ONLY $50 for it. it's a good price!

photoshop charges $9 a month for basic features. SAD!

>Actually, let's be real, barely anyone uses linux period.

Linux Desktop? 100% agree. Linux Server? No.
It's literally the reason we have usable internet.

>unironically paying for software in 2018

I'll consider if there's an ccmaker equivalent.

>proprietary

You say that like it's a bad thing

I do. There are no usable options to get work done for me otherwise.

It's the reason www is shit.

G-GIMP and furry krita is better

Attached: a09.png (680x708, 387K)

haha yeah it's almost like if you have a coordinated team of professionals whose sole job it is to put out one job for paying clients, you're going to get a better product than something made by hobbyist ideologues who push patches out in their spare time

The best part is that Affinity supports photoshop plugins

Where are the 3d dirvers at?

Every approach has its cancers.
Professionals work well until the company is bought up by some massive unmanaged crap like adobe or autodesk, and they either by sheer incompetence or malice ruin the software.

Now the weak point of OSS is that the compensation that lead people to write stuff for it is the fun you get from the coding itself.
So yes, OSS people will be able to pull marvelous shit such as realtime renderers, ultra complex code recompilers and compilers and encoders.
But as soon someone has to do the awfully boring job of designing the GUI, no one wants to do it so you end up with shit like blender that can rape the commercial 3D software in 15 different manners but the gui is a complete mess.

>barely anyone uses linux period
the scientific computing community would like a word with u lad

>industry standard that does everything the same as the industry standard
Bankrupt next month

artfag here. I use debian as a daily driver and the wacom linux driver actually works better than the windows one because the windows one likes to randomly break and ignore pressure sensitivity. so yes, i draw on gnu/linux.

gtfo, pleb. And stay out

>Who ths fuck does art on linux
This guy does davidrevoy.com/

A bad thing? It's more like a dumb thing. This is not the same as a building or some shitty shampoo.
Why would you want to run some obscure binary?

Attached: 1527100908678.png (498x710, 290K)

>select text
>crash

It's more like 30%

Nah bro, like 4 people on Jow Forums use Linux, and they matter!!!!

penguin lives mater

>>>/reddit/

Its not an operating system or a development tool so there's not much reason for it to be open source

All adobe products are a piece of shit, of course Photoshop is dead, it has been for a long time.

>freedom is only important for some software and not for others
>botnet shit is acceptable under these arbitrary circumstances i have chosen
i see some slippery slopes ahead

>meme ideology

>of course Photoshop is dead, it has been for a long time
Lmao PS has literally no alternatives. And no this piece of purple shit isn't anywhere close to it.

I don't give a shit. It's a poorly coded garbage full of security holes. I'd rather use fucking GIMP rather than that garbage.

>sales pitch

That logo is pretty "cyber"
10/10, would hack the gibson with.

>botnet
>using it for software that doesn't even connect to the internet

The state of Jow Forums 2018

How about you forget for a single second about jews spying on you and actually use the fucking software for its purpose, and for this PS is the best and will probably be the best

You are admitting Photoshop is the best

>forget about jews spying on you
Imagine being this retarded and autistic. And I wasn't even talking about spying.

>reading comprehension

Who are these anti linux posters who get the first word in in every thread? Why do they even browse Jow Forums?

>Guy says PS is the best
>I don't give a shit.

You are implying you dont give a fuck that PS is the best so you are admitting its the best, fucking retard.

If the purpose is to spy on you, crash, waste HD space and ram, create vendor lock-in, and generate excessive profit for adobe, then yes, PS is quite good at all those things.

Aside from cost, what are actual reasons to use it over PS?

You are also forgetting about the image editing thing, which is you know, whats PS made for, and its pretty good at that, especially compared to GIMP which was and is a total failure and this irrelevant shit called Affinity photo

ok, send me a link to the source code so i can inspect it myself and prove that it doesn't connect to the internet

This is better.

Attached: img-painting--v2.jpg (1400x788, 323K)

As long as it's proprietary software, then the goal of it will be to put malware on your computer. The image editing is secondary and not relevant. If you want to properly edit images, use GIMP, or another free software image editor.

>If you want to properly edit images, use GIMP
But you literally can't.

>But you literally can't.
Neither can you with PS. In any case you can always find another free software editor that works for you

Free software is trash.
Photoshop is the best.

Once a slave, always a slave. Adobe still does not give a shit about your freedom and never will.

>Once a slave, always a slave.
lol what

>pretending there's no good UI for linux

>There are people that actually believe this

no haha

>first word in every thread
probably samefaging OP or few /v/tards
they probably like getting (you)s in here, because from our sticky it's clearly that board's theme is GNU/Linux and freedom

This. Windows tablet drivers suck ass.

I do. Both 2D and 3D.

Still have to use Wangblows from time to time because of Adobe crap, but it is getting rarer and rarer since I worked out at least Photoshop through Wine.

>I don't give a shit.
About the opinion, kys.

>But as soon someone has to do the awfully boring job of designing the GUI, no one wants to do it so you end up with shit like blender that can rape the commercial 3D software in 15 different manners but the gui is a complete mess.

I'm convinced that nobody who designs/codes a GUI truly knows what they're doing, but often FOSS coders especially.

Protip: You can get NIK's plugins google version on archive.org

It works on Affinity

>Who the fuck does art work on linux?
literally everyone at pixar

I mean, Photoshop doesn't have a native Linux version either

Source?

>main selling point is that it's cheaper than photoshop in a world where everyone pirates photoshop for free

Attached: KfvbBdIDR5lqQhLR0kJ1kWJDWcxtCf_oIt5gbLjzLiQ[1].png (560x632, 141K)

github.com/PixarAnimationStudios/USD

>not pirating affinity instead
>if you run a business you don't have to run the risk of being reported for running pirated software from disgruntled employees

I prefer to pay for the software that requires it. Therefore I paid for Creative Suite 5. I upgraded once, and everything was good.

Now CS5 doesn't work well in newer versions of OSX, and I was left with either moving to the monthly payment (nope) or finding something else. I switched to Affinity Photo/Design, and I'm about 90% happy. There are some things I wished Design had that Illustrator had, but I can make do. Most of what I want is on the roadmap.

I'd be fine paying the monthly Adobe fee if I needed it, but I can't justify it now. $600/year is pretty reasonable for the software you get. Stop being poor.

Where do they state they all work on Linux? The software you linked supports Windows and Mac.

I use Pixelmator (and a little Pixelmator Pro lately) for making stuff and Affinity to edit stuff.
I think they're both best at different stuff.

in an experimental unfinished state, that software only has a stable release for linux

ok

Yes, I'm sat here doing Photoshop on my Linux server now.

You type like Donald Trump

>can't even circle

Found the furryfag!

Attached: 1510170881647.jpg (200x222, 7K)

Who fucking cares, you weird cunt? It's a tool for getting shit done, nothing more.

Ask me how I know what you look like..

A lot of people do now. People call him a retard and then pick up on his speech patterns and catch phrases because they're designed to be catchy

Daily reminder that you're a normie faggot if you're using windows