pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last Thread

Attached: HHKB-001.jpg (2048x1536, 542K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JohnLegere/status/1008382228018196482
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MicrosoftNaturalKeyboardGen1.jpg
massdrop.com/buy/gmk-sound-dampening-brackets#overview
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Are topres mechanical?

Got my SA Oblivion set today, ordered it a year ago but it was worth the wait. Completely forgot I even bought it.

Damn I love these caps.

Attached: cVOMCtr.jpg (2834x2125, 711K)

Board is a Leopold 750R

PBT?

No, it's doubleshot ABS.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement Realforce right alt?
I uh
broke mine

I just use a cheap $30 whatever keyboard and I work in a big tech company
you people are fucking retarded

The stock caps are PBT, I honestly wish I had two boards because the stock caps were very nice to use.

>Budget
100€
>Location (continent at least)
Europe
>Preferred switch type
Blue or brown, clones accepted
>Layout
IT
>Form factor
TKL
>Backlight
No
>Previous/current keyboards
Rubber dome, this would be my first mechanical keyboard

I had a similarly low budget, and about same expectations. Also first mech for me too.
Went with a Model M for $50 (the keyboard was only like $30, the rest was shipping and getting some missing keycaps and a replacement for a broken leg), never regretted it.
If not being TKL and being a bit louder / harder is not that much of an inconvinience (wasn't a dealbreaker for me desu) it's absolutely the best, especially considering value/price ratio.

I just use a stick and draw in the dirt and I'm motherfucking Bill Gates, you're fucking retarded

>I work in a big tech company
t. apple store "genius"

Thanks for making a clean thread.
My son really likes clicky keyboards and I'll browse these threads with him.
I make sure they're safe first but you can't safeguard against the old thread.

Thank you.
I gave a look and European sellers seems prohibitive, so I guess I have to buy from USA, waiting a good offer around 50-70€

I found it where i never expected, on a national site from my country, so be sure to check those out too.

Are Unicomps worth the extra money or should I just lurk on eBay for a model M?

Model m has better build quality and input is analog (instant )

I got replacement keys from them for my M and they made a big difference. The fresh boards are probably really nice.

Attached: MKPSRGB.jpg (1000x1000, 90K)

Other thread was first. Don't sulk like an infant, next time be quicker. OP is a faggot.

What keyboard?

topre vs reds/blacks?

tempted to go from fc660m to fc660c but im not sure the doubled price tag is really worth it.

It's totally worth it, stock linears are shit compared to topre.
Closest linear is like a lubed good one but they're very different.
Nothing stock with MX is gonna come close to topre you need like ergoclear, holypanda, etc

whats so good about the switch?

Well actually a lot of people don't like topre in the grand scheme of things. My point is that it's strictly better than STOCK mx switches. If you buy a hotswap board or DIY kit you gain the ability to change around housing/stem/spring and add lube which makes just about everything way fucking better.
Have had an fc660c for about 4 months now and still every time I type on it I get off on how good it feels.
In comparison my stock prebuilt boards feel less refined and are worse to type and play vidya on.
pic related is where im drawing my opinion from, not pulling it from my ass

Attached: keyboard.jpg (706x1249, 646K)

tmobile ceo uses an hhkb. look at all the söyboys posting theres on his timeline twitter.com/JohnLegere/status/1008382228018196482

So I posted about three months ago here, when my old keyboard's shift broke, and replaced it with a vintage German Model M we had in a cupboard. (like pic)
Here are my experiences:
At first I found it really odd to type on it, but over time I've gotten to appreciate it. It's pleasant to use, and I don't even notice the clicking sounds anymore, which I found supremely loud at first. It's really not ideal for gaming though.
Also,I feel a lot more...wear in my hands - if that makes sense? Because you have to push the buttons down so hard. I haven't had signs of carpal tunnel before, but using this model M might be a sure way of getting it for me.

I think I vastly prefer modern, conventional keyboards over this one, but I can't help but genuinely admire the build quality, and the sturdiness of this old model M. I'll order a new keyboard later, but I'll definitely hang onto this IBM and place it back in the cupboard, where it'll stay safe, and ready to use in the future, should I or anyone else want it later.

Attached: FpKsOv0.jpg (2448x1836, 594K)

Do you consider a dome with slider mechanical?

>spending 30 whole claps on a whatever rubberdome

Currently have:
>Dell AT102W
>Chink Topre clone
What do I get next?

I want something tactile but quiet.

Matias Quiet Click

Heard that they aren't that reliable and the stem wobbles too much.

>NO FUN ALLOWED EDITION
FTFY

reminder Topre is overpriced mushy shit

Showing off my autism

Attached: 20180618_171638.jpg (3344x1639, 3.21M)

the optimal mechanical keyboard atm is 30$ thou the q700 from taobao red switch feel and 0.2ms input speed.

yes most of these people are retarded they pay 300$ for keyboards with 30-55ms of lag.

preach the truth brother

>muh lag
How important is that if all I do is program and shitpost on Jow Forums? In any case, linear switches are trash and I wouldn't trust the build quality from some noname chink company

what can be done
can also be undone

Attached: IMG_20180317_015630_HHT.jpg (4000x3000, 2.21M)

what the hell is that you're eating

Looks like peas on toast except the toast is on the peas

why would anyone buy a keyboard that has no function keys, no pageup/down delete, insert, home/end button and mostly a numpad.

That's a lot of butter.

Is this a meme now?

Attached: 7a36d5959583e0dbf143f51ff56e9b797bf78ace_hq.jpg (962x363, 61K)

bke domes are godlike. They blow standard btc domes and royal purples out of the water. Why the fuck do people hate them?

its not a no name chink company its Bloody they make the fastest response time mice as well they are a good brand because they actually make their own internals rather than use old shit. all the cherry base keyboards from big brands use a controller chip form the 80s because its included with the switch license.

lol was thinking the same.

Is the cherry mx board 3.0 a decent choice for a poorfag?

just picked this up
how badly did i fuck up
how hard is it to get romer G keycaps?

Attached: file.png (1500x1128, 970K)

>how hard is it to get romer G keycaps?
what made you think you could get romer g keycaps without scavenging romer g keyboard?

im not too concerned about keycaps
just wondering
i would have thought all those kepcap makers would just reverse engineer the design and start making caps for em
or is there some patent restricting that or something?

iirc logitech has patent for romer g keycaps

ah rip
oh well these keycaps arent bad
they included some alt keycaps for wasd and 12345
main problem is the bump on f and j
they shoulda included those as extras too
annoyed they put le gaming > actually typing

Attached: 97A2ABC9-8C84-4F75-A431-757EC97EFDFA.jpg (3881x2721, 2.75M)

those are some pretty good-looking caps

>how hard is it to get romer G keycaps?
it's possible but not cheap. it's actually quite expensive. my nephew has, not too shockingly, "lost" several keycaps on his board. When I looked it was $50 for a complete set of rober g keycaps. A cheap mechanical keyboard can be had for less.

they would probably be expensive either way since there would be little demand for them compared to mx standard caps.

Attached: gr-eating-002.gif (480x270, 2.44M)

What keyboard would a boomer use

My (legit boomer, not meme boomer) father got an ergo keyboard even though he hunts and pecks.

Attached: MicrosoftNaturalKeyboardGen1.jpg (4032x3024, 1.71M)

incredible

I bought a k type

i only slightly regret it because I really like typing on it but the caps were gross and the software is dead

>red switch
>optimal

My father has this keyboard.

But he's a crusty SDET

brought it home to be with the family. Hopefully my neighbors can't hear it.

Attached: IMG_1890.jpg (1224x1632, 1.39M)

Was there an earthquake, user? Are you okay?

good board.

no I am sideway now :(

Attached: b4fd0b3d7cddddcf235a93a770c47e752b8a59c7f50ec082ea1685a8826ed1f7.jpg (509x516, 66K)

Well, at least your patrician choice in pointing devices will be easy to use.

Your pic is on Wikipedia. Did you edit the page?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:MicrosoftNaturalKeyboardGen1.jpg

I got the pic from Wikipedia. I don't have a picture of my dad's keyboard because I'm not an autist.

So what's the fucking big deal with HHKB? Why would you intentionally remove modifier keys for your palms and thumbs? It's just degeneracy. I get you don't need arrows, numpad, even number row, but what the fuck are you going to modify with now?

just bought mine today :)

Attached: IMG_20180618_204053.jpg (4032x2806, 3.39M)

what do you mean? it has the same modifiers as any other keyboard

So is there a big difference in the tactile "feel" of browns when compared to blues or it is just a thing of clickiness (sound)? To put it simply, are blues browns that click?

wtf why is tribosys $35 from zeal when it's like $5 everywhere else

Hey guys, got all my pieces for first time build. But I need a soldering iron and solder. Anyone got recommendations for one on Amazon? I get a discount there

Nah, mate. Their tactility is different. Get a sampler set.

Hakko or Weller. Accept no substitutes.

Thanks, but hell, these sampler sets are really pricey. I guess I'll just go with browns since I don't want to wake up my girlfriend everytime I am shitposting.

Reasonable. It's a mindnumbingly expensive hobby. Don't spend money you need to eat or make the lady happy.

just go to a box store and try out some switches nigga

>having a girlfriend
Are you gay or something? In any case, the blues aren't unreasonably loud and I like the feel better than browns (but that's just my opinion).

Also, a sampler thing is like $15. If you're already $100 or more on a keyboard, it's not that unreasonable.

Are BOX Royals the end to the scammer known as Zeal?

Attached: CPG1511F01S15_BOX_Royal.png (1169x826, 268K)

With a heavier spring like the navy swapped in it, i'd say absolutely yes

There aren't any close to where I live.

I would really like to have that nice tactile feel of blues, but I use the computer late at night so even a membrane keyboard like the Logitech K120 makes a considerable amount of noise against the silent background of late night. I'll go for browns, I guess.

My budget isn't that high so I can't really go for the sample kit because I can use that money for the keyboard itself.

just know that the sound of bottoming out is louder then the actuating mechanism of the switch, and that goes for blues as well

GFanon here. Planning to get a MagicForce 68 with browns. Read some reviews and seems like a good option for a first timer. Anything I should know?

I own some Navys, are you memeing or is this actually a good idea?

It's a good idea but it depends.

I'm not memeing, you can even just try it out with swapping one switch. It feels nicer and some lube on the spring makes it even better and eliminates any spring pinging. It's probably what the novelias are gonna be like too

browns are pretty shitty
don't know where you are but usually large electronics stores will have some cherry mx boards you can try

I got browns on my first board that wasn't a gayming board. I thought I liked them at first but after about a week or 2 I didn't like them at all. They just felt mushy.

Actually, after some research, this seems to be the common opinion of browns. Mushy, too light, stickier reds, etc. I think I might go for blues after all, they can't be THAT loud, right?

They're not that loud. Unless you're in the same room, it's probably not going to be an issue.

not as loud as a model M

Has anyone have Logitech g710 cherry MX blue , my two buttons are not working I.e. "m" "," please help me with that

I hope you know how to solder.

I work in a big company and stole a cherry g80-3000 from the server room in the basement :^)

massdrop.com/buy/gmk-sound-dampening-brackets#overview
1 HOUR LEFT

Can't wait to use these on mx speeds.

>muh lag
we had this argument before, its marketing fluff and if you really wanted the lowest delay you'd get a capacitive/optical switch

I've got some switches and some options.

>Retooled(?) MX Red
Still shit, still sandy. Feels inconsistent along stroke.
>Retooled MX Black
Smoother, but not as smooth as its competitors.
>MX Linear Grey
Scratchy as hell and super stiff.
>MX Silent Black
Smooth but mushy crap.
>Hakos
Barely tactile. You need to actively think about the tactile bump to notice it.
>BOX Linears (Red, Black, Dark Yellow)
Smoother than MX counterparts, there's a little bit of scratchiness.
>BOX Clickbar (White, Pale Blue)
Pulls off "linear clicky", Pale Blue even more so.
>BOX Thick Click (Jade, Navy)
High tactility, sounds good. If you have bitch fingers use Jades. Jades don't feel like they'll get caught going up.
>BOX Royal
Chunky and sharp. I tried stem swapping with Hakos and it's not worth it for only a slight amount of roundness.
>BOX Burnt Orange
Unremarkable.
>Zealios
Buttery smooth and does the round tactility thing better than Royal Hakos.
>Zilents
Zealios but better because the dampening adds bounce.
>Tealios
Smoothest fucking things ever, no question. Zero scratchiness. Good weight too.

Attached: 11_7b1ecc03-aa05-476f-a3b6-80733fb31481_1024x1024.jpg?v=1505715046.jpg (1024x1024, 87K)