Did you make the switch yet?

Did you make the switch yet?

Attached: gitlab-logo-640x400.png (640x400, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

about.gitlab.com/2018/04/05/gke-gitlab-integration/
gogs.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yeah but dies it even matter when they use Azure?

No and I won't because I haven't been diagnosed with Autism.

about.gitlab.com/2018/04/05/gke-gitlab-integration/
not anymore, though not like google is any better

And into the garbage pile it goes

you can just run gitlab on your own server
or simple git

Because I am not a hipster
gogs.io/

No. Use gitea.

Why exactly should I migrate my shitty hobby project that nobody cares about and will probably never be released?

>willingly using an sjw-filled (((ycombinator))) company's service
no thanks

>using git
lol no

Why are advertisement threads not being deleted? Where the fuck are the mods?

> 2018
> not using txt files stored in a self hosted owncloud as versioning

I'm sending tarballs through mail but whatever

>Switching from Botnet to Botnet
Use Fossil or Gitea if you really want independence, otherwise what's the point.

Use zxq.co

I switched years ago when they pandered to GamerGate after C+= and eggplant emoji stuff.

I was never on github to begin with, idea of paying for private repos made me go to bitbucket, its not best or anything but it does its job fine. I also use it for work now... Public repos kek

Really want to but Gitlab is ugly and borderline usable for me after using github for 3 years now.
But in there defence they offer a better service than github, like CI and private repos for free.

Of course.

LOL, no one switched. You got memed son!

Attached: 3031736.large.jpg (431x267, 54K)

No, because GitHub offers a much more reliable service. I'm not switching just because a big company bought it out. If anything that even confers a little more much needed professionalism to the service.

Attached: 1528086157901.png (1080x1920, 936K)

>He doesn’t host his own gitlab

why would anyone self-host gitlab? there are alternatives that can run even on rpi3 without issues

no botnet if you self host

I just started my first repo on gitlab and I really like it so far. I was never really deep into github and at work we use bitbucket which is also a bit retarded at times.

Only thing that really pissed me off, is that it shows your real name everywhere. Sure you could just use a pseudonym but I finally wanted to make a portfolio for possible future employments and I dind't expect them to show the real name everywhere. Why does it even have a nickname in that case?

it's still shitty cpu/memory hog

>not botnetting
>making it
pick one

w

Yes, like last year after they had that "little accident". I guess if you eat shit once, you're more careful than someone who thinks it won't happen to them.

I mean my college self-hosts GitLab, but that's a whole different story than self-hosting individually I guess

But what if you need a Microsoft account to commit? I fear this might happen though.

Wait, there is a git site that allows doing what you want?

>But what if you need a Microsoft account to commit? I fear this might happen though.
I don't think it will happen. But M$ will use all of the source code hosted on github in their service (did you agree to github TOS?). They just bought one of the biggest code base.

What's wrong with bitbucket?

On that matter, are there any other public Gitlab instances besides Gitlab's own offering and Gitgud?

no

did, long time ago

Is it possible to import my GitHub commit history, you know, those green squares

Attached: 1.jpg (515x453, 24K)

I don't use github, gitlab or bitbucket

I’ve been self-hosting it for quite a while. The built-in CI integration is really nice and just werks™