So user, were going to go ahead to the technical part of the interview

>so user, were going to go ahead to the technical part of the interview
>do you know what a bloom filter is?

Attached: Recruiter-checking-the-candidate-during-job-interview_Wavebreak-Media_Thinkstock.jpg (545x314, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cybertec-postgresql.com/en/so-what-are-bloom-indexes-for-postgres/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I don't know photoshop

I have a question.
¿Do they seriously ask questions like that even if you are an engineer in software?

Filters are for noobs, I do all my effects by hand. Want to see my bloom?

Yeah a filter which removes blooming flowers so you can't see them.

Know it from postgres: cybertec-postgresql.com/en/so-what-are-bloom-indexes-for-postgres/

It's a data structure generally too obscure to ask about in an interview.

any job that has a technical requirement is not worth applying for.
not only are you paid terribly, but you're ALWAYS the toilet-roll of someone who has no real qualifications and earned the job on gusto alone.
A job interview should test what type of person you are, not what you can do.
Anyone can do anything, but not just anyone can be anyone.
That's why the absolute top-paying jobs are dominated by go-getters who have the balls to bluff their way through life.
And all the suckers are left with the pathetic

mfw this is true as fuck and I realized this shit when I started interviewing for bigger companies that actually did shit. luckily I was fortunate enough to be one of those go getters too. I don't know what I'd do if I'd kept being a schmuck working a shitty sub par hourly job

a filter retards put on their instagram pictures thinking it makes them look better

my brother went through 8 years of medical school and is $300,000 in debt while only earning $180k year.
I flunked out of business college and am earning $500,000 with my $30k debt already paid because I realized education is just burning money to reassure yourself you can do what you already know how to do.
I currently have my own personal receptionist whose black (by my request), my own parking spot, a personal office and I get to travel to Singapore, Abu Dhabi and Berlin for free regularly.
The best part is I can literally just use a VPN in my office to shitpost on Jow Forums and watch crunchyroll all day while the professionals slave away outside, drinking 10 coffees and strainging their backs in their ergonomic chairs trying desperately to please me.
I am a god to these people and by all traditional perceptions I should be beneath them.
Technical knowledge is a pathway to despair.

No, my systems engineer interview a few years ago literally consisted of:
>Let me show your around the building
Okay
>Here is our company information so you can reference
Thanks
>Here is our department list, here is where you would be
Will I be working with other departments extensively?
>Only for implementation and testing activities, not for service requests or anything like that
Okay
>Here is the position details
Thanks
>Here is what we are offering, benefits included
Looks good
>Any questions? Interested?
Nope, when can I start
>You start Monday
See you then

I am convinced that people in these threads are either trying to get a job in Silicon Valley where they can afford to be picky as fuck, or they have done something stupid right off the bat to red flag the interviewer.

What were you in charge?( I'm currently studying this so I need feedback from people that actually does something instead of being picky like this thread)

>What were you in charge?
??

I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear.
What I'd want to know is what we're you doing most of the time in the job.

Paperwork, making sure the lower sysadmins didn't destroy anything, paperwork, writing documentation, paperwork, consulting with clients to discuss implementation, paperwork, fixing someone else's fuck-up, paperwork and sometimes I would pick up tickets that were giving people problems because usually I could do it if they couldn't.

Oh yea, and paperwork.
Also I had to yell at people alot, you know, the usual stuff.

Thank you user, I hope you don't have anymore stressful situations like yelling at people (even if it was needed that puts you in a bad mood).

Yeah, you’re a horrible person. No one thinks You’re a God. Gtfo

>heh, people probably secretly hate you so there!
seems like a fair trade for money, perks, ebony eye-candy and them just pretending to like me.
People liking you won't pay your mortgage.

That's probably true for the US, because paying that much is stupid. I'm studying in Germany, at one of the best universities possible and pay around 400$ each semester, which contains free public transport... It's just the US having a bad system to be honest

umm a bloom filter is ummm errr...
a bloom filter is the venkatanararapu romanathan of the 5 indices

If I was working with or under you I'd have bugged your computer and/or office long ago, collected enough evidence to write a university thesis with before sending it to all your superiors

what the fuck is that?

Jow Forums doesn't have a roleplaying board, but other chans do. Try one of them.

>It's a probablistic data structure. Blah blah fixed size blah false positives blah. I actually wrote code that used a Bloom filter for this open source project, I can show and explain it to you if you'd like... You know, you are the first company I've worked with to insist on a technical interview with a consultant.

That's a really sad power fantasy

It's not that far out of an idea, I've done this to some faggots at a smaller scale
The way you talk makes you sound pretty pathetic IRL though

>That's good, you're the first interviewee to know what it is
>What is your expectation for compensation?

Attached: images.jpg (266x190, 6K)

>me on the right

real shit right here

>not only are you paid terribly, but you're ALWAYS the toilet-roll of someone who has no real qualifications and earned the job on gusto alone.
>A job interview should test what type of person you are, not what you can do.
These two lines contradict each other, and the following lines.

What do you want?

He's only able to do it because enough people are willing to go along with it.

I personally blame the war on drugs.

Made to clean up /the/

>Again, I'm a consultant. I am not here for a full-time position, and we've discussed my contract an length already. Is this the right interview?

Bitch we're a consulting firm, you gave us a copy of 'my immortal' as your resume

Are you... are you trying to trick me into becoming a full-time employee?