Why does Sony make the shittiest hardware?

For a Japanese company they make remarkably terrible hardware and software. I bought this computer a while ago, place it in storage and the battery is completely dead, refuses to charge and I keep getting a notification that it is "not compatible". and it thinks it might be counterfeit.

Then I can't use the fn key to access special functions like adjusting the volume and have to scour their awful as hell Sony E Series drivers page which is cluttered with all sorts of useless drivers.

Attached: IMG_6551.jpg (2016x1512, 927K)

Sony is the "HP" of Japanese hardware.

Never had a HP. Always thought HP was a good company though.

modern Vaio laptops are no longer Sony

>For a Japanese company they make remarkably terrible hardware and software.
what does being a japanese company have to do with it

sony hasn't been relevant in the consumer or professional space since the 90s
they currently make okay budget audio equipment and cameras, nothing else really

So good?

They used to be pretty bad, things have changed a lot.

Attached: chart.jpg (750x584, 51K)

I had to sell HP products for my first job.
I dunno how they are now, but I fucking hate HP.

I have a Toyota 2004 Corolla that's second hand and was purchased in 2011. Hasn't had a problem since. Japanese goods tend to be invincible. Apart from Sony aparently.

elitebooks are better than any modern (T440 and newer) chinkpad

Really? I had no clue. So they're a seperate company now?

business class stuff is solid, the consumer grade stuff is shit

ever since 2014, apparently

Thank God. My brother and I bought Sony Vaios and they started out great but year by year the noticeably went to horseshit until the state it is now.

They don't. Toshiba is the worst, hence why they don't make laptops anymore, because they suck.

That's a good thing, HP is a respected brand by business and their products last a long time.

Thank goodness for Wikipedia!

But they've got to be on par with Sony Vaio's unreliability right?

Not at all. Toshiba has far less aesthetics than either HP or VAIO.

> Acer is top 3 for reliability.

Attached: 1529309330190.jpg (1440x810, 46K)

Source?

no, toshiba is and Fujitsu are hp of japan even though they also have hp there. lenovo is now another hp of japan since they work with fujitsu now and lenovo is becoming common in japan. sony is like the level below apple almost, but actually make alright hardware.

Japs make good auto. Their electronic now is Korea-tier but more expensive. Hell, it even worse.

lenovo is chink

Their low-end stuff are just Quanta rebrands like what literally everyone else does.
Buy their premium laptops, my VAIO Duo 13 is made at their factory is Azumino, and still lasts five years of daily travel/usage. This also applies to all their product lines by the way, cheap ones are outsourced, only high ends are made at home, a strategy that probably made their downfall in trying to wrangle everything. The latest moves are likely to turn this around (selling to businesses only) and the VAIO spinoffs seems to focus only on making premium devices. So far I have seen nothing on the market that comes close to the Canvas Z, coming a year after the brand became independent.

sony is chinkshit priced like decent products