Should I upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, anons?

Should I upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, anons?
Most people tell me it's the way to go, but my gf has it on her system and it's the shittiest thing I've encountered.
Constant BSODs, automated updates, memory leaks, etc.

What are the advantages of a system with windows 10?

Attached: 1392410976291.jpg (600x600, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JwHcOGDHKGM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've never had BSOD for the 16 years I've used Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 10. Do you even know what caused it for you? I'm pretty sure you can turn automated updates off with some tinkering and what are memory leaks?

Windows 10 is as good or better than 7 so theres no reason not to update.

You should upgrade from windows 7 to literally any common flavor of gnu/linux

>sure, lemme hook you up with HipsterOS
you might as well upgrade to a crApple computer you autistic moron

>upgrade
That's not it

>gf
Stop lying user. But yeah if your machine is already running windows 7, no need of windows 10. The upgrade is mostly cosmetic with minor features which can be easily implemented by third party or power shell scripts. And its not worth the trouble you face with the upgrade.

Upgrade, it's worth it.

never had a BSOD or any issues with Windows 10. it's as stable as 7 and quite frankly better.

>What are the advantages of a system with windows 10?
Directx 12, 2200G/2400G drivers and better SSD support. That's it.

>be me:
>Win95, Win98, Win2000, WinXP, WinServer2003, Win7, now Win10 since 1st rollout.

Don't exactly love it. Does protect from ransom ware, intrusions, but it's an intrusion in itself. The_ updates_ are_ a_ pain-in-the-ass_ ._
I'm like 50.1% keep it, 49.9% go back to Win7

Attached: 20-lb-rat.jpg (920x516, 76K)

upgrade to 8, it's the same as 7 but with a better start menu, compatibility with modern software and updates

>upgrade to 8
advice(this);

>Should I upgrade from Windows 7 to 10, anons?
No, go for LTSB.

>What are the advantages of a system with windows 10?
LTSB is pretty much like 7, but even cleaner.

>Constant BSODs, automated updates, memory leaks, etc.
What the hell did she do?

I've tried Linux etc 3 times in 8 years but it just has no fucking compatibility with the games I play. Not to mention, I'm always moving files from work to this pc to my phone and all in between. It's too much of hassle and before people start claiming "Just dual boot bro". That's the equivalent of having only one car for work, and one car for everything else. After 9 years of windows 7, I'm going to go to Windows 10, since I'm going to start building my new premium, top of the line pc this month. Tampered glass case, 1080ti, 32gigs of ram, the whole shebang. This ol' girl has served me well for 9 years, but the time has come. No more switching out parts here, and upgrades there. The Time Has Come And So Have I.

Attached: 1510979569811.png (807x700, 445K)

Probably didn't do a clean fresh install. When I carried over my windows 7 stuff to 10, I had a horrible time. Mind you this was back in 2015 and I quickly switched back to 7 after two months.

> What are memory leaks
Why are you here? >>/v/

You have at least 2 more years of W7 support, don't be a dumbass. You'll worry about it in 2020.
There are pretty much zero advantages of W10 and overall it's very beta quality software, seems very unfinished and the UI is terrible.

Basically it's a terrible idea unless your computer originally came with it.

Only if your hardware does not support W7.

Then use a distro of your choice with a dual boot partition for Windows 7, as gaming performance is unaffected on any subsequent versions of Windows.
youtu.be/JwHcOGDHKGM

Install gentoo

>I've never had BSOD for the 16 years I've used Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 10.
That's difficult to believe. Well, unless you didn't use them very often, maybe.

Attached: 1521310997690.jpg (495x600, 242K)

Windows 8 and 10 have most inconsistent UI-s ever.

The UI literally sucks. With half of stuff copied from 7 and other half being shitty touch garbage.

Win 10 is garbage I was one of the first to get it when it wass good before the anniversary update (it was just a reskinned 7 with extra telemetry.) Then the anniversary update came out and wrecked my shit so bad I learned to Linux and ended up on Jow Forums. I was always telling myself; "Don't worry, they will patch it soon, you wont be stuck on Linux forever, anyday now the fix will come out."

That was three years ago. The only benefit is I love Hitler now. Never 10

Not him but theast bsod I had was with windows vista. Everything afterwards literally 100% stable