*straightens fedora and scratches neckbeard* "Anyway why haven't you switched to Linux yet...

>*straightens fedora and scratches neckbeard* "Anyway why haven't you switched to Linux yet, its a superior system objectively, ignoring all the ways it isn't of course."
>"Well I have apps that I need and want to use that don't work on Linux and I don't want to stop using them just to adopt a new operating system."
>*has a cholesterol and fat related heart palpitation* "J-b-bubut ITS YOUR FAULT THE APP ISN'T AVAILABLE ON LINUX!" *takes out hankerchief and dabs forehead.*"Y-YOU FUCKING WINDOWS FAGS ARE SO ENTITLED, HOW CAN YOU EXPECT A PRODUCT TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES YOU WANT BEFORE YOU HAVE A DESIRE TO ADOPT?!" *drinks mountain dew to try calm down. "YOU SHOULD ADOPT A SYSTEM THAT HAS FEATURES YOU NEED AND WANT MISSING IN THE HOPES THAT THE DEV TEAMS DECIDE TO DO CHARITY AND PORT THE FEATURES OVER!"
>Every single time.

Attached: 1500254917565.jpg (400x400, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

unixguide.net/unix/faq/1.3.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

> THE APP
If you want 'APPS', buy an iPad. it's that simple.

epic I kekked hard 10/10

Half the point of switching to Linux is to get away from using those """apps"""l, since they're uniformly harmful and malicious

Wine.
Virtual machines.
If all else fails, dual-booting.
You have no excuse.

If you have Windows up and running you might as well just use that.

App is short for Application which is what Windows has been calling its programs with UI in official documentation since 3.0 for sure, maybe even earlier.

>You have no excuse.
No problem. I don't need an excuse. I will use Windows because it's convenient.

And that's why you are the cancer that killed Jow Forums.

Attached: KillsYouInSpanish.jpg (588x393, 107K)

>Windows has Apps that I'm used to
Is that the only argument? Sorry that we want to get you off your bad habit, you guys are like addicts unable to stop. I bet those 'apps' are vidya gaymes, pathetic.

Technology is more than wanking over operating system choice. At some point in my life I also was a Linux apologist. The turning point for me was when someone came up with content aware scaling algorithm, and I decided to download and read his code. To my great surprise it was written for Visual Studio and Windows. After contemplating about this for a while, I realized that it matters little what tool you use, the important part is what you do. One day you will realize this also.

>lets himself get buttraped by corporations
They rely on people with your mindset to make cash and survive.

I never gave a coin to MS in my life.

A part of technology is about understanding how a certain technology works. You can't do that with proprietary software.

the absolute state of freetards

can I play gaymez on linux

Jow Forums is dead

Yes you can. You can understand part of it, the part that you need to understand. You don't know much about the internal microcode of your intel/amd processor either.

Nope

Attached: 1509138390456.png (1001x604, 84K)

damn

Linux works fine for web browsing and office software. What doesn't it have that you're bitching about? Video games? Just stick with Windows, shit stain.

based

>Program Files
Yeah. OK.

Attached: 10671445-10100875034161430-8214548274339077176-n_j1pc.jpg (960x720, 217K)

That's why ilI use a Xbox for all my computing... It has games... Retard.

Attached: 16733245.jpg (480x637, 47K)

There are 4 boards for literal children to talk about their video games
Let Jow Forums talk about actual technology

Jow Forums used to be neutral against Windows and even some Apple devices. You are the cancer that killed Jow Forums.

I can't install it on my laptop. I downloaded new mint beta ISO and made bootable stick (twice, first with LiLi and then Rufus). It boots just fine and devices work, but I can't actually install it (installation stucks at preparing stage, before I can even set up partitions). Syslog is full of i/o errors on usb drive which is super weird. I checked the drive for bads and formatted it few times and didn't find anything suspicious. I've also checked the ISO's hashsum. And I used this same drive few times before to install previous version of mint mate edition on a work machine. Send help.
I remember having similar (from the perspective of GUI) issues with ubuntu 16.04 install but there was a bug in installer and it was easily solved by creating some soft links to devices, this one is different.

nice roleplay of a conversation between yourself and an imaginary neckbeard fren

Attached: 1486613122301.jpg (1000x800, 40K)

I'm fine with that

I just virtualize it basically just to use MS access and play sim city 3k.
>then why not run it full time
I don’t like it. Once you go slack you never go back. I mean you can, but you’ll always be thinking of slack.
>%AppData%

Try /fglt/, also use disc whenever possible, it tends to work better than live USBs.

Yes, Windows is better for using apps, productivity (that doesn't have to do with dev/programming), and gaming.

AppData is from 2006 mind you.

Attached: strawman.png (500x667, 707K)

Attached: CebPFyx.jpg (1242x1290, 100K)

>Jow Forums
>neutral
>applel

Attached: 1529214348851-g.png (1440x810, 1.36M)

just all your data

>Well I have apps that I need and want to use that don't work on Linux

What are you talking about OP? Linux is a kernel, it doesn't have "apps." If you want apps you can install something like Ubuntu which has an app store.

>I don't want to stop using them just to adopt a new operating system

If the vendor of those apps is trying to force you to use whatever their favorite operating system is then they probably don't have your best interests in mind.

I was only pretending to be retarded

Attached: 1520458229410.jpg (920x900, 353K)

>average freetard cope

Attached: 1470152167113.png (328x408, 83K)

and yet because they're for profit they're much more responsive to user input and requested features. tubby in his basement with a used thinkpad doesn't give a shit what feature you want in his software because you should just fork it and add what you want

Except in reality it's exactly the opposite. Once you pay an app developer they stop caring about you at all. Why should they bother? They already got your money, any bugfixes they give out after that are just charity.

>reality
um, you misspelled lalaland

No, I didn't.

enjoy no games LMAO

Attached: 1499539258285.png (444x443, 48K)

>what were PowerPC threads
You are just too new.

Explain why Windows, Office, Photoshop, iOS and everything else proprietary gets updated often then, retard. They know if they make a shit product, sell it and stop caring about it people will just stop giving them money eventually.

I have so many things I want to say on the subject.

Like how every Linux zealot I ran into had no idea how his OS worked. How they had to google commands.

In my opinion it's a disease of the mind, be a nonconformist just to be one.

It's a primitive OS written in primitive times... Meditate on the tragedy of this unixguide.net/unix/faq/1.3.shtml and maybe read the Unix haters handbook

I hate people that wear fedoras

Linux is a kernel.

Why?

"App" is not the preferred nomenclature dude. "Botnet" please.

>Windows
Only gets updated to add more telemetry and advertising
>Office
>Photoshop
Only get updated to push more shit into "the cloud" which means you pay increasing subscription fees
>iOS
Only gets updated with pointless UI redesigns and API refactors just to force you to buy a new phone

install gentoo

yeah, you are just another retarded freetard.

>he actually believes this

Attached: AnimeGirlSmug8.gif (540x304, 177K)

Hello, Rajesh! Vishnu has blessed us all today! For this post we will send you 3 Microsoft™ Shill™Bucks©. Have a good day and keep posting! Hare Krishna!

-Anik