Why have we not built this ? DON'T BULLSHIT ME WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY WHY HAVE WE NOT BUILT THIS ?

why have we not built this ? DON'T BULLSHIT ME WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY WHY HAVE WE NOT BUILT THIS ?

the problem is fucking money isin't it ?

Attached: 1529356732783.jpg (575x675, 148K)

Get billions of dollars and build the fucking thing. Why is this somebody else's problem instead of yours?

Because nobody wants to live in a birdcage.

Reason #1 not to build such a thing:

one terrorist with a bomb.

also the possibility of a mega 9/11

Hideous mass housing with panacea snake oil efficiency promises were an intellectual fad in the mid to late sixties, fading into the intellectual fad of overpopulation. We actually built them and it was a mistake. Look up "Cabrini Green."

I wonder who could be behind these posts

Attached: 1528941675136.png (559x527, 43K)

Because everyone wants a room with windows, fucking plebs

Because nobody wants to live in that fucking thing, Judge Dredd.

>installing windows

Because the cost of land just isn't that much.
The only point where you start seeing those is when food from the countryside starts to rot before it gets to the city center.

shits mad expensive and time consuming to build yo. Then you also have to make sure contractors don't fuck it up

It would take someone like Elon to front the cash and risk losing it all for anyone to bother.

>We actually built them and it was a mistake. Look up "Cabrini Green."

>we built units to keep people out of the streets and they went to shit

wow. really enlightening.

Section 8 housing is not the same thing as mega structures. The former is intended to keep the poor and mentally ill from shitting on the street, the latter is intended to give middle class families an affordable urban living experience that they are normally priced out of in normal urban markets like NYC, SF, and LA.

pricing most people out of the market is the only way to keep those section 8 folks out.

Anyway I'm not so sure we do have the technology for it. You'd need some pretty fantastically strong stuff to be able to build something that size - and to have it withstand wind load and oh yeah, the earthquakes they get from time to time in Glorious Nippon. And the square-cube law makes every size up more difficult than the last.

It should extend to below ground like

Attached: wakanda.png (1600x1067, 2.72M)

Hahahahahahhahababa

>filename
Kek.
I actually own an old Star Wars: the phantom menace PC game, for which I was able to generate broken translation a' la "backstroke of the west".
In this version, the queen of Naboo refers to Coruscant as "Senegal".

i like that better because it won't get muzzied

you idiot fuck they built one in spain in the 80s

Attached: 78765.ngsversion.1422285457843.jpg (2048x1341, 1.62M)

Just build laser AA cannons

kek

Why don't the japanese just expand into the ocean?

the question "why haven't we built this yet?" can be accurately translated to "why doesn't society agree upon its goals?" which is a question as old as society itself. if it wasn't for the retarded echo chamber nature of Jow Forums i would direct you there, but will have to do

From a faggot mech eng student three years in doing structural eng.

One, just because we have the technology doesn't mean you're not a fucking silverback gorilla. Similarly, the Nips realized a few things about this horrific probably project. It's need constant maintenance of a horrific degree that'd decommission half the building, by my best guess.

Similarly the fucking thing would sink into the Earth before anybody could take a step on it, they'd literally be building on bedrock for this fucking thing. Funny thing about earthquakes, the last thing you want to do with your fucking house of cards is to build it on the head of your mother's vibrator.

On top of the project being a logistical nightmare. Japanese steel is fucking expensive. That's why they get it from China or Russia if they're given the choice, South Korea sometimes, but they're sure to commit Sudoku before admitting otherwise. Not to mention concrete. It's expensive. It's not really a market commodity if your country also likes building bridges to nowhere. Any getting both in the absurd volume they'd need would be pointless when you can add five Mile bridge baka gaijin.

And even then, it'd return almost no profit. Just because the Nips are willing to stuff themselves like fucking sardines into cities doesn't mean that worse yet, they'd be willing to live in a building like this. This fucking thing would be Kowloon 2.0 and the Japanese government knows it as well as anybody does.

Would building something like this in the ocean be better? Also could we just build a giant foundation for it?

No u

kek

Attached: 0392463.png (660x388, 56K)

Attached: Dredd.jpg (1503x1000, 173K)