Monitors

i'd like to upgrade my monitors Jow Forums

are IPS panels a meme? i'm considering pic related (VA2759-BAKA 27" IPS 1080p) since it's under $200

Attached: 518dCHf9TyL._SL1000_[1].jpg (1000x1000, 57K)

>not using CRT from 1700s
*dabs on you puts you in cringe compilation sucks you up vore totalbiscuit LMAFO party rockers style*
>not using linux
*extra dabbironi on you kde plasma cuck gottem*

Attached: 1527274801228.jpg (1242x923, 159K)

Attached: 1498794524297.jpg (1200x900, 123K)

>2018
>non-retina

VA panels are unironically best

Fugg can't decide between U2518D (25'' QHD) and U2417H (24'' FHD)

is AOC a brand worth buying?

been wondering that also, looking at their 144HZ monitor

Basically its like this, if you buy IPS, you know you're getting a nice panel. They are less power efficient and put off more heat, but thats not all the big in the grand scheme of things.

TN Panels are more of a mixed bag. The good TNs are almost as nice as IPS, but the bad TNs are just horrible to look at from any angle except dead on, and even then they're not quite as nice as IPS still.

The higher end ones might be, I wouldn't touch one under 200$ though

I ordered pic related. I own a XB280HK (4K, Gsync, 60 Hz TN) since 2015.

How much difference is it? I had a IPS237L for comparision, but guess I compared a highend TN to a lowend IPS monitor. The difference seem to be bigger in the videos on Youtube, you can even see the better colors. I've been using TN for a long time, never had problems since I sit directly in front of my monitor.

Attached: intro.jpg (730x505, 188K)

I have a BenQ GW2470.
For 130 bucks it's a good monitor
>24 inch
>VA panel / AMVA+
>Minimalistic, clear design
>2X HDMI slot

Attached: GW2470h-Featured.jpg (718x530, 99K)

TN
Pros
>cheap
>fast response times/very little ghosting
>good for gaming at very high refresh rates
>ok blacks
Cons
>shit viewing angles
>bad color reproduction unless you go suoer high end

IPS
Pros
>very good color reproduction, even the cheapest IPS will look better than your average TN
>high contrast
>good viewing angles
Cons
>poor blacks
>slower response times, although gaming IPS panels are drastically better than they used to be
>backlight bleed/IPS glow

VA is sort of in the middle. The colors are good but not IPS-tier, although VA is usually cheaper than IPS. Ghosting is a serious issue on some panels though, also there some color shifting in fast motion like games. (People sometimes complain about purple smears when playing FPS games and such)

All the more reason to go with CRT.
They made high res ones in 16:10
Only negatives are logistical and power concerns. Shouldn't be a problem.

>totalbiscuit
>Tell someone to get cancer and die
>Get's cancer and dies

Attached: 1528487260965.jpg (500x642, 138K)

I like IPS but the backlight bleeding on some models is just too much. I never got VA to be honest. Just feels like the worst of both options and like you said ghosting is horrible on them.

As I stated, no. The colors were exactly the same, I even put my XB280 to 1080p for a direct comparision. Only difference was the viewing angle.

I prefer IPS, even for gaming. That being said I'm not playing super fast games. IPS do have slower response times, and some glow, but I don't find it all that noticeable. Having your monitor properly calibrated is one of the biggest things I find.

>are IPS panels a meme?
In my experience, yes. My brand new $400 dell ultrasharp looks almost exactly like my shitty 5 year old $100 TN panel.

Same. TN is currently only worth it if a) you play competitive fast paced online games and actually not suck and b) it's 120hz+.
I'm still waiting on IPS 144hz panels that don't suck ass and don't cost way too much considering how much ass they suck.

Yeah true, that was my problem too, finding a decent one that wasn't crazy expensive. Settled on a BenQ 1440p IPS, and I love it

Still running 1080p, I don't really see the benefit of 1440p over 1080p desu, but maybe I am just retarded.

Eh I had upgraded my gpu to a 1080sc so figured I might as well get a 1440p to use it's potential haha

>1080p

C'mon nigga.

I went from a 24 inch 1080p screen to a 27 inch 1440p one. Never going back.

Got a 1080Ti because I got too much money and because I got it at a discount before the crypto shit happened and now I am waiting for a 144hz IPS that doesn't suffer from ghosting or clouding and doesn't cost more than my left nut.

I'm one of ((those)) people that use and like 1080p 27 inch

>Shouldn't be a problem.
Ah, I see you don't pay your own electrical bill. You know you must be at least 18 years of age to post on this board, right?

>I don't really see the benefit of 1440p over 1080p desu
Bigger monitors. 1080p looks like shit at 27", while my 27" 1440p screen looks great.

>27"
>1080p
Everything will be unnecessarily huge and pixelated on that literal boomer monitor.

i've already got a 24" 1080p 144hz gayming monitor though. plus 1440p is easily an extra $100 per monitor

>I'd rather buy some piece of shit RIGHT NOW just because it's cheap than WAIT until I have enough money to buy something of acceptable quality.
This kind of thinking is why you're in a financial situation where an extra $100 per monitor is a serious expense for you.

how much on average would you pay for 3 27" ips monitors, one being at least 144hz?

Attached: 1232137232801.jpg (500x376, 38K)

It cost the same for a AOC gaming monitor (freesync 1440 TN panel 144Hz, 1ms) as a Dell 4K. Both 27in. GPU is R9 390.

Noticed radeon support 4K HDR TVs so probably just wait until xmas and buy one on sale. Not sure how well that will work for gaming though or even what's the point of 4k. I literally don't have one movie and maybe only a few games at most that are in 4k. But I got money to burn so why settle for a 27in when I can get around 50in? Idk if games run at 30fps as long as it works.

unless you're an austist that has his face 10 inches away from the monitor you won't ever need anything above 1080p because you can't see individual pixels anyway and you're getting jewed for a shit placebo effect
prove me wrong

>are IPS panels a meme
No. But 144 Hz IPS panels are. Also VA is a new TN (in terms of crappiness and false-advertising)
Honestly I think buying 1080p in current year is a waste. Consider U2515H. And you probably don't need to upgrade both displays, you might keep one as a secondary and upgrade it later when proper oled/microled displays are released, leaving u2515h as a secondary.

iiyama-24-A-MVA-4ms-ProLite-XB2483HSU-B2

>prove me wrong
If I wanted text to have the same size on the screen and I had a 27" 1080p monitor instead of a 4K one, it would look like the bottom image in pic related (I disabled interpolation when I made this in gimp so it's a 100% accurate comparison).

Attached: file.png (2077x280, 57K)

What's the catch with this monitor? Acer XZ321QU

>31"
>QHD
>144Hz
>freesync
>1ms response time

Only 780 dollarydoos, everything else close to those specs is 25% more expensive

VA panel probably. I'm looking at the Asus XG32VQ which also has VA panel and it's $200 cheaper than the MG279Q where I live.

ips has way better color