Bought an ipad pro and an apple pencil

>bought an ipad pro and an apple pencil
>makes this god awful screeching/squeaking nails on a chalk board sound whenever you move the pencil across the screen.

is this normal?

Attached: ipad-pro-12in-wifi-select-spacegray-201706_GEO_US.png (470x556, 369K)

No. Mine doesn't do that. You're gonna scratch the shit out of your screen.

Take it to an Apple store, now.

>actually bought an iShit

>apple makes quality products

Attached: 1497102699345.jpg (248x189, 18K)

How good is it for reading of heavy pdfs?

Put some silicone lube on your screeni

>it may be expensive, but you pay for the quality

Attached: d90.png (644x800, 15K)

it seems to work fine when I put a screen protector on it

is the glass just defective?

You say that, but the iPad is literally the only good tablet out there.

Upload audio of it? It should make a solid sound when taping and be pretty much silent when dragging.

it sounds exactly like the squeaking sound you hear when you rub a piece of soft plastic against the glass on your windows

>the iPad is literally the only good tablet out there.
Wrong.

Attached: RE1hqyR?ver=3879&q=90&m=6&h=423&w=752&b=%23FFFFFFFF&f=jpg&o=f&aim=tr (752x423, 56K)

I just used the apple pencil on my phone as a test and there's no squeaking sound at all on that surface, but the second you make a circular or sliding motion on the ipad then it starts squeaking

Since when have surfaces been classed as "tablets"? I always thought of them as laptops.

>sliding motion on the ipad then it starts squeaking
Werks on my machine.

>Since when have surfaces been classed as "tablets"? I always thought of them as laptops.
Since always.

>The Surface line of hybrid tablets, with optional detachable keyboard accessories, and optional stylus pen.
Fair enough. I guess there are TWO viable tablets then.

replace the nib

maybe you still have a screen protector on the ipad?

>buying ishit
This might be the problem too

is it possible that I just needed to wear in the screen a bit since it's completely new?

I'm noticing that it seems to be getting better and the surface is feeling smoother as I use it more and the oils from my fingers start to rub onto the screen

The fuck? A glass screen doesn't "wear in".

Attached: lightLaughing.gif (499x282, 233K)

Hahahahaha

it's not your penis

it doesn't make sense, but it's definitely a lot better now. I was feeling a lot of resistance when I moved the pencil across the screen and that's mostly gone now. I was still getting a lot of resistance and squeaking when I used it in the corners of the screen and then I rubbed my fingers on there and now it's a lot better

I don't understand

Attached: 1529321129530.png (804x696, 361K)

>cleans screen
>its broken again

Attached: 1505882877689.gif (480x270, 278K)

maybe they put some kind of coating on new ipads and your finger oils removes it?

uhhhhhhhhh

sounds like friction burn

Yes. It's perfectly normal.

Attached: 1524052963384.png (1536x2048, 256K)

wat

>microshit

Attached: Ok-then-look-away.gif (412x229, 1.79M)

More likely the nib had some coating that you wore down.

Buy iLube too

you're doing something horribly wrong
mine is smooth as butter

It increases intensity due to more resistance but you get steady gains. I say start with light PDFs and work your way up.

Attached: 4L_Wd6rg4x8.png (680x788, 94K)

>makes this god awful screeching/squeaking nails on a chalk board sound whenever you move the pencil across the screen.

This doesn't happen. Just like how you never bought an ipad.

that's not normal, maybe it's some kind of driver issue, i recommend you try installing gentoo

>apple products

Yes, your iPad is malfunctioning, I guess you need to order a new one.

user, have you tried removing the screen protector or the pencil condom?

maybe the screen is fake?

the screen doesn't seem to make the squeaking sound at all anymore, but there's a few spots of the screen that feel pretty rough when you move the pencil across it while other spots feel completely smooth

is that a normal thing?

That's supposed to make it feel more like a real pencil

Either your tip is too sharp for its own good and scratching off the antiglare fingerprint coating, or you bought a regular ipad instead of the pro and you're permanently scratching the plastic screen

No you dolt, the screen is permanently scratched now, you had something on the pencil nib

You'll need to spend about $129 + $99 for an AppleCare subscription and replacement... Apple does not service scratched or cracked screens that are brand new unless you have AppleCare

I don't see any scratches at all though. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the pencil nib because I tried both the nib it came with and the replacement nib yesterday and it still made the squeaky sound

You just said you could feel in the pencil stroke

your screen is scratched, and the squeaky sounds are not normal

the pencil does not need finger oils to properly glide across the glass

either you’re microfracturing the screen by pressing too hard, there some sediment in the pencil nib, or you didnt buy the ipad pro and bought the new entry level model that uses plastic for a screen

I'm not feeling a scratch though, it's more like a patch of friction. I've felt that since I got it, but before it was the entire screen and now it's just a few spots, mostly in areas that I haven't touched much like the sides of the screen while the center of the screen is completely smooth

I just cleaned the screen really well and it's squeaking again

Why do you think they say "squeaky clean" dumbass?

Stocking a cutie

You guys are getting punked by that bloke. That's an obvious setup that ho is doing, better readjust your bullshit goggles.

No. Did you put a rubber on?

It's not a tablet, tho. It's only marketed as tablet.

yes, its normal. Special Apple feature

>Surface is a big slab of touchscreen
>look at other tablets
>they're all big slabs of touchscreen
It literally is a tablet.