Devuan or Void Linux?

I plan on getting a ThinkPad soon, and I have some basic knowledge of Linux. Should I install Devuan or Void? Which is more efficient, which is better for a beginner-intermediate user, etc.?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-19-14-35-49.png (1920x1080, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20180612.iso
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CloverOS

Attached: IMG_20180421_012710.jpg (2448x3264, 2.9M)

Void is comfy ^.^

Attached: voidowo.jpg (2560x1600, 1.11M)

Gentoo GNU/Linux

Stop using shitty hipster distros and use something like Ubuntu or Arch. Rather spend time doing something productive.

gentoo

I side w/ Devuan but that's because I prefer aptitude.

But I don't like Ubuntu and Arch. Can I use Debian senpaii

Arch is the definition of a shitty hipster distro. Install Gentoo.

Gentoo is the only distro that was stable over the past 15 years.

But then I'm gonna spend a lot of time tinkering it, and then I might break the os. I'd rather install gentoo on my scrap machine, and install an efficient distro on a laptop where I need reliability.

Believe it or not, I actually managed to break Linux Mint on the scrap machine when trying to install an amd driver for a graphics card from 2011

Arch is a crappy hipster os. There is no reason to use it. It's as bloated and infected with potterware is Fedora and Ubuntu are. At least when you install Slackware and Gentoo you get a more Unix experience out of it that's actually customized to your liking. Arch is just a complete waste of time. You could have just installed Solus or Tumbleweed of you wanted a bleeding edge distro.

>basic knowledge of linux
Explain why you don't want systemd then

i literally never broke a Gentoo install and i'm not sure if it's even possible because there's chroot and extracting the stage3

Void is nice. Really enjoying it here.

Attached: 2018-06-19-173559_1600x900_scrot.png (1600x900, 1.96M)

>I broke Mint so I'm obviously going to break Gentoo as well

Attached: image.jpg (588x564, 67K)

>basic knowledge of linux
Start with something mainstream like Mint or Ubuntu, get familiar with terminals and UNIX commands and than move down - Manjaro, Arch, Void whatever

Not op.
I did something like that, i even used gentoo some time, but now im back to buntus, using mate in my main pc, and lubuntu in the secondary one.
I dont see any reason to switch to any other distro.
For example you can bring all the systemd stuff as an argument. It can be a botnet or not, still foss and is the norm today. Every major distro is using it and if you like linux you will need to know it.
Using a non systemd distro is like using dvorak, can be great but you will need to 'relearn' the other layout if you use another computer.

Op here. So Jow Forums thinks I should install gentoo? Really? Unironically? What if I'm in the middle of class and my operating system just shits itself?

You're right, I don't truly know. All I know is that it's an initializer, which is responsible for loading all kinds of processes, and people here don't like it because it shits on them and it's a potential botnet. Something like that.

Am I not going to break gentoo?

>implying that Linux is mainstream
I've never met a single person who uses Linux. Then again, I've never met a single person who screenshots instead of taking a picture of their screen with a phone. Also I don't personally know anyone who uses a desktop computer since 2011. Mainstream mostly uses phones, sometimes laptops, and I know a handful of people who don't even own a computer.

Anyways, back to my point. Gentoo, because it's the ultimate OS? Or Debian, because it's decent and I'm not advanced enough to notice what systemd does to me?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-12-16-09-23.png (1920x1080, 1.4M)

Go for it duge cloveros.ga/s/CloverOS-x86_64-20180612.iso

Attached: 2ce75ed82cc831c34191757501f2cb8f0657cf5dc2c49407107cef02ad1f40e7.jpg (3264x2448, 3.81M)

Void is better.
I run it on my X1 Carbon 4th gen

Debian or Arch

Go with Ubuntu. Commercial support, everything just werks, and you actually get shit done instead of a jobless neckbeard who spends countless years tinkering with their broken Arch installation.

Attached: volkswagen-shemale-spreads-asshole-gaping-wide.jpg (259x253, 19K)