He isn't buying the Oppo Find X

>He isn't buying the Oppo Find X

Are you serious user?

Attached: 564564.webm (1920x1080, 470K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ICVmbZPhaKE
abx.digitalfeed.net/list.html
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/6/15/17467216/usb-c-headphones-wireless-future
androidauthority.com/we-asked-you-told-us-no-one-really-wants-wires-but-bluetooth-just-isnt-great-876615
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

As soon as you add little motorized shit to something you add a high probability of mechanical failure and anything that can slide open like that creates points of entry for water.
I don't know how much they are going to sell it for but it's probably gonna be a meme which could be fine if it's cheap but I doubt that.

>Chinese phone brands are now starting to leapfrog Apple and Samsung

>No fingerprint sensor
>No headphone jack
Get the fuck out of here and never come back.

too big

That's some pretty good reaction time, say how much do your corporate masters pay for such excellence?

why not put the camera behind the OLED panel and just turn off the pixels over it when taking a picture? transparent OLED displays were demoed years ago

you must be a retard/normie who spends their entire day droning on snapchat

>Saying something reasonable
>how much do they pay you

/thread

>buying novelty garbage

> Everytime you unlock the phone the mechanical part activates

well to the trash it goes

Attached: 1528922310846.png (793x546, 475K)

The "don't take it to the beach" phone.

It's been like that for years

>everytime you unlock it the mechanical camera activates
>no fingerprint scanner
>no micro sd card slot
>no headphone jack
>no water/dust proof

no thanks, I would keep my S9

What the fuck.

Attached: 253023-thinking-young-business-man-smart-casual-Stock-Photo.jpg (1300x866, 153K)

You shoudn't be taking phones to the beach tho, if you do it'll probably get scratched.

£999 ($1,316.03). Apparently that sliding mechanism is tested for a longevity of 300,000+.

Really? Link?

Well considering that you unlock you phone like 20-50 times per day it's still only a couple of years
And you will get things stuck in it lowering the life expectancy

Even if you open your phone 150 fucking times a day every day without fail that's still over 5 years of use

starting at 2:30
youtube.com/watch?v=ICVmbZPhaKE

>No headphone jack

DROPPED

>without fail
But there will always be strain on things like this
For example accidental opening in bags or pockets blocking it or dust accumulating over the years
Maybe I just have to see it for myself because I'm just worried about this being a failure point

buttblasted consumerists are seething at this post

I think transparent OLEDs are consistently transparent at this point, so the contrast, color accuracy, and deep blacks common to OLED will be lost. Don't quote me on that. More legitimately, though, it seems like only LG has the tech, more than likely patented, and everyone tends to go to Samsung for proper OLED smartphone displays. Probably for the digitizers, which wasn't demoed on the transparent OLEDs at CES.

My problems are
>no fingerprint, entirely face rec
>constantly sliding up and down for camera
>skin caught in slider
>dirt build up in slider
>poor water resistance

I prefer the Vivo design.

>Apparently that sliding mechanism is tested for a longevity of 300,000+
>300k under ideal lab conditions
Yeah, see how it holds up after a year of pocket fluff, being used in the rain, dropped a few times etc

>she isn't buying the yet-another-botnet android phone
well, yes

Attached: my_photo-3.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Who knows if the device will even be available worldwide. Of course the curved edge gimmick is there.
/thread

Except now it's "a snapchat normie".

>arch on a samsung
does it explode when x crashes?

Can you even do anything without mouse and keyboard?

for, like, almost nine years of *nix experience, i have never seen a crashing X server
usually it's your DE shell (like plasmashell), or maybe your WM, or your compositor

I'm not sure why this gave me a boner.

Attached: 1457944903510.jpg (130x150, 17K)

Drink less onions and maybe those 4 inch hands will grow a bit.

>without mouse
why would i ever need a mouse on my phone? this thing has a wacom digitizer, you know
>and keyboard
well, the on-screen keyboard exists, so yeah, i can
but i do miss these days when there was smartphones with a hardware qwerty on the market

Attached: 72Db7TXPJPc.jpg (2560x1920, 854K)

hi guys im the new tripfag im going to be posting in every thread in Jow Forums with my trip on

I don’t get it. What’s this in reference to?

Alright! But don't stab in the back you deranged animal.

Attached: tenor (1).gif (220x124, 25K)

can you rephrase that please I can't understand third worlder

clip your nails!!!

there's nothing wrong with my nails

Attached: hUI2kN894BY.jpg (768x1024, 112K)

Because I just bought a new phone.

>t. nosferatu

Attached: 1522804732642.jpg (703x685, 151K)

shut

Apple cuck

that little white stain on your middle finger is sodium deficiency

WHY THAT DISGUSTING BOTTOM BEZEL THOUGH????

Attached: 1523380257687.jpg (213x217, 6K)

>using facial recognition unlock
You asked for it, retard

Just what I wanted, reduced battery life so I can have a more vulnerable, expensive phone.

how are you going to lose the deep blacks though? just coat the back part of it in deep black material and you get the same result (just not over the camera/sensor holes, obviously)

>still has a chin

Only subhumans take selfies.

there is no fingertip scanner

how dumb can you can be

Bullshit user, that could be from an impact/injury.
t. Nurse

I'm afraid of dust and lint getting in the mechanism.
sliding it in a lab is one thing, but I'm skeptical of how it's gonna hold up in reality

chineesium

looked like apple for a sec, and if it was the new one, or a samsun or something reputable I might give it a try, but this is too "revolutionary" for me, in the sense that I'm skeptical if some new company has the knowhow to pull this off reliably.

They don't use Android.

I'll stick with Pixel.

better a chin than a fucking

>notch

Literally a gimmicky toy, I'm sure my 9 year old nephew would love it.

>new company
>Oppo

Oh, user

>pocket sand gets in sliding mechanism
>sliding mechanism gets jammed and fucked within a month
would be nice if there were a phone that simply didn't have a front facing camera and had a simple phone speaker or vibrating speaker thing at the top of the device.

>using biometrics at all
>current year
have fun getting your phone easily unlocked by law enforcement

>Are you serious user?
I certainly am. If I'm switching phones it's going to be at least a sidegrade. I'm not downgrading to that.

The way I see it, if you don't take selfies or use face recognition to unlock it, it becomes a non issue

Yeah wtf chin!!!!1!11!!!
Give me gesture bar that blocks part of my screen instead.

Attached: 1506220717269.gif (700x243, 55K)

>No headphone Jack
>No fingerprint sensor
>mechanical camera that makes a noise each times you activate it, thus make you unable to take creepshots.
>no waterproof
>no dust proof
>no sd card slot
the mechanism of the camera isn't probably built to be intensively used, it's the kind of stuff that breaks only after a year so your guarantee doesn't work anymore.
It won't stop normies to buy it
though, because
>muh technology

do you really take pictures with the front camera?

The fuck are you talking about? Can you seething Google shills just hold up for a second and make a coherent post for once?

The way I see it, if you don't have ears, you don't need a speaker, it becomes a non issue.

To be frank user not really.

The way I see it, if you buy your Sunday licquor on Saturday, it becomes a non-issue

Attached: boyd.jpg (450x270, 40K)

>no headphone jack
Jow Forumstards still complain about this? Get bluetooth buds or headphones already. I guarantee you'll stop caring about "muh lossless audio" the second you get a decent pair, it's just placebo.
>No fingerprint sensor
Just use the facial recognition.
>mechanical camera that makes a noise each times you activate it, thus make you unable to take creepshots.
Great.
>No waterproof
Don't drop your phone in water
>No dust proof
When has this ever been an issue?
>No SD card slot
Grandpa is that you?

then what are you talking about? did the chinks have both cameras on the shitty hiding mechanism?

Huge mistake that i made user, i only had that webm to judge i thought everything was on that mechanism, nvm if the cameras are on the back of the phone.

>Oh is that the iPhone X?
>Actchually this is the Op-po Find X, it's superior in every way because it doesn't have a notch
>Um okay user

Attached: filthycasual.jpg (259x194, 4K)

>bluetooth
No thanks, I'm quite content with never having to charge my headphones.
>Grandpa is that you?
base model storage + microSD card or bust

Even the casualest of the casuals know the notch.

>No headphone jack

Attached: 1525477091870.jpg (400x300, 28K)

My parents don't

How the fuck would it open in a bag, the phone needs to be unlocked and the camera summoned by an app.

I hope you're only in nursing to get into anesthesia, user

>Jow Forumstards still complain about this? Get bluetooth buds or headphones already. I guarantee you'll stop caring about "muh lossless audio" the second you get a decent pair, it's just placebo.
If you have tinnitus or serious hearing damage otherwise, everything will be placebo.
abx.digitalfeed.net/list.html
About Bluetooth audio and USB type C:
theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/6/15/17467216/usb-c-headphones-wireless-future
androidauthority.com/we-asked-you-told-us-no-one-really-wants-wires-but-bluetooth-just-isnt-great-876615
>Just use the facial recognition.
>Great.
>Don't drop your phone in water
What is there to even say to this? You clearly have us all beat, along with your (most likely) $1000+ innovative smartphone sacrificing what should be expected.
>No SD card slot
>Grandpa is that you?
Of course it's more reasonable to spend ~$200 for larger internal storage than $30 for a micro SD card slot, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. How sensible for a $1000+ innovative phone to not include a standardized slot. And just because you refuse to think before buying a new device (thus settling for ridiculous downsides), don't attempt to make everyone else comply.

>Lossless Audio is a placebo
Earlet

Also, I can bet that one speck of sand will make it not close properly, leading to either the thing going crazy and retrying indefinitely or giving up, but out of position and then leading to something broken

We have counter-counter-shilling now?

>speck of sand
you forgot pocket lint, random grit and dust.

Silly me, I typed "sand or grit" then something else, and took "or grit" out mistakenly.

Why should I want to?

For a micro SD card*

I would probably be interested if the UI resembles stock Android more instead of a shitty iOS clone.

Attached: oppo-find-x-verge.jpg (805x536, 74K)

Given that it is powered by a Snapdragon (845) SoC, custom ROMs can be expected. Not that the device would likely be available worldwide. Kernel source codes takes 2-3 months on average to be released.

>thus make you unable to take creepshots.
these are being made illegal in the UK soon anyway so not an issue for me, still not buying it for the other reasons though

>can't even pass the filter

go back to r*ddit nü-fag

My phone still works and I'm not a consumerist whore

Custom roms are shit. Shit camera,shit battery life, bug infested and so on.

Attached: 1529247835923.gif (500x366, 499K)

>
>It's ok when APPLE or muh SAMSUNG does it

>not waiting for the s10

Attached: This-extremely-bezel-less-prototype-could-resemble-the-Galaxy-S10.png (680x453, 268K)

Oh god this whole thing is just so stupid.

Holy shit this is beautiful

>implying that won't get gunked up with ear jizz and hair grease

But can it unlock if I show it my butt instead of my face?