A Fuckin' Audiophile USB 3.0 controller

JUST WHY?

Attached: USB1.jpg (2434x1126, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/portfolio-item/tx-usbexp/
sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/portfolio-item/sata-filter/
sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/portfolio-item/sms-1000sq-eunhasu/
intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.pdf
youtu.be/EqABlCRbH8w?t=136
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because audiophiles have always believed that more money spent is higher quality sound

computer audio is ripe with fools

but user the PCB is white and they glued little heat sinks to the chips, and look at that little red switch you get to play with! I bit it's really clicky when I move it up and down! obviously for these reasons it's 100x better. here chinese third world internet market, take my $1400!

Because audiophiles are fucking retarded.

Check out /hpg/ for a good laugh.

But the capacitors cost $80 each and are made with layers of unicorn hair insulation

>not putting noise filters on your sata drives
get on my fucking level

Attached: SATA-filter-III-Rear-640.jpg (640x427, 34K)

Attached: 1524153090167.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

USB 3.0 unlike 2.0 creates interference.

I thought it would at least have a DSP or a sound driver or something on it. It's literally just a USB bus. Wow.

The company just specializes in bullshit "audiphile-grade" stuff like

They plug into thier $1000 DAC

Attached: 2FB4CD44-3C92-4C90-9E3F-ED3DDFB4B4DD.jpg (500x282, 85K)

My mouse now has super precision though. Best $350 i ever spent

Audiophiles are literally mentally ill. Consult their reviews only for impressions on comfort, build quality, and general sound shape. Immediately disregard how they compare it to other headphones or anything resembling a ranking.

Hopefully with the increasing prevalence of bluetooth headphones, even by their typical favourite companies, they'll choose to hear a brilliantly crisp gunshot.

wew lads check out my audiophile-approved CAT6 cable, only $200 what a bargain!

Attached: wew.png (832x580, 151K)

At this point I believe you can put wire mesh on anything and say it's EM protected and audiophiles will fucking buy it

sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/portfolio-item/tx-usbexp/
>it's actually unironically $350

Please tell me this isn't real

Attached: 1520716038237.jpg (263x261, 18K)

This is the future you choose

you dont even have to put a wire mesh on anything just buy standard shielded TP cables and rebrand them and sell em for like 20x the initial cost

and its $70 kek

You don't have to be an audiophile to realize how shit Bluetooth is. It's not an acceptable replacement for the 3.5mm jack.

Because the type of "audiophile" this is marketed towards has no understanding of digital/analog signals and filtering, and will likely buy it up.

sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english/portfolio-item/sms-1000sq-eunhasu/
>Supports PCM 32bit/768KHz max, DSDx512 max
>$4,450.00

It has happened a long time ago.
Seriously what in the actual fuck. Who buys this stuff?!

Attached: 1521940471693.png (428x456, 240K)

Bluetooth is literally fine for 99% of people and the incentive to spend more than $5 on headphones will cause most of them to experience better sound than before anyway.

This is actually a legitimate thing.
>intel.com/content/dam/www/public/us/en/documents/white-papers/usb3-frequency-interference-paper.pdf

Attached: Untitled.png (712x856, 81K)

Yes, this...and I have one too.

Attached: Computer as Fuck.jpg (1360x1020, 231K)

Why hasn't a better standard replaced Bluetooth for audio yet?

It has, it's called buy a USB cable asshole.

Because people keep telling themselves lies like you can't hear the difference between bluetooth and a fucking jack.

>computer as fuck

Attached: decent.jpg (300x300, 103K)

Almost no one supports audio over usb-c.

>external power

why............................

you guys larph at this but digital stuff does degrade in quality.

I remember when I was on what.cd and was seeding from same harddrive I stored audio on 247 and it was a new harddrive and after 2-3 years there was noticeable clicks and pops in the audio played back from it even thou the hash check etc was 100%.

digital doesn't mean it just stays 100% fine. this stuff probably does some thing if very minor.

PSU of computer do effect the sound outputted thou. not sure about USB 3 thou but this device is to stop power noise.

my computer audio output literally does sound different with different power supplies its very noticeable.

also lots of pro musicans use laptops and go on battery power when doing the output rendering of the track because it sounds cleaner on battery.

Maybe to power 32+ channel audio interfaces in a studio environment?
Just sayin

money, fool, parting.

>my computer audio output literally does sound different with different power supplies its very noticeable.
Unless there is audible hiss, I simply don't believe that you could actually pass an ABX test between different PSUs.

the most top end professional audio gear is PCI and PCI-e based thou. a studio that uses USB audio interfaces is not really a studio and just a home setup pretending to be a studio.

its why studio techs where mad at the new MacPro because they couldn't use their interfaces with it and its also why most music studios still use core2 based computers because alot of the stuff is PCI not PCI-E and the adapters don't work for every thing and not many motherboards have PCI now.

usb is digital. digital sound doesn't get affected by interference.. what in the fuck?

also external power supplies those tiny pieces of shit would get way more interference

no the actual color of the sound is noticeably different. try it yourself one day.

I also had a Clevo m860tu laptop with a 9800gt and on mains power the audio with crackel some times but on battery it sounded fine. turned out it was a GPU driver issue that NVidia fucked up but it was to do with power draw.

power does effect how audio sounds and digital files do corrupt from noise and other things.

you guys are making fun of this stuff but it actually does do some thing I would never buy it myself but if I was running a studio or some thing I would consider it.

its not the digital signal this is stopping the noise of its the power rail of the USB3.0 that has noise of it and effect the external audio device when it converts the digital sound to ouput to your headphones.

your headphone cable isn't digital.

and also digital shit isn't immune to degradation.

if you rip some 198kbs audio 10 years ago and left it on a harddrive and checked it now it would probably only be 83kbs or some thing. digital files don't just "stay pure" that's a huge misconception about them.

It's even worse if you've been using the hard drive all that time since rotational velocidensity fucks with lossy audio

I've diagnosed bad batteries/ac adapters on the Dell Starlord series cause the sound quality immediately goes down the crapper.
Not like audiophile noticeably, but normal noticeably.

It's either zero or one. How the fuck would it be corrupted without changing the binary data? You are just using old headphones, shit sound card or it's just placebo. Send it to a different device and try again,.faggot.

Attached: 1507171115468.jpg (640x480, 34K)

Don't forget to write onto your CDs to increase audio quality:
youtu.be/EqABlCRbH8w?t=136

>buying a hard drive with low rotational velocidensity

Audiophiles are the best goys a jew could ask for

saved thank you

>not drawing magical glyphs on your CDs to praise the gods of audio

>filter circuits
lol
I wonder if those capicators are even connected to anything. Sometimes I wish these audiophiles would take a basic electronics course to actually learn that this snake oil does nothing. I also wish there were more double blind study videos on youtube that specifically fuck with audiophiles. I remember hearing about one where someone had a super expensive HDMI cable running to a tv, and another one with a coat hanger wired to HDMI inputs and the participants couldn't tell the difference.

Also, how hard is it to make and market useless crap for really expensive and sell it to audiophiles? Can I just take random stock parts (ie, cheap chinese network cards), connect random useless capacitors, resistors, transistors, crystals, glitter etc to it, paint it white and come up with a buzzwordy name for it that explains the useless crap attached, then charge 30x what I paid for it? If I just order the cards and do the labour myself does that make it worth more since its now "assembled and tested by hand"? Also, am I breaking any laws as long as the product still works? In my example I could say something like
>Want to check out a new song online, but don't have time or can't find a lossless version of it to download locally? Its been shown that over time the signal from a network to your pc will degrade overtime, greatly effecting the sound quality of your streamed audio. Our brand new electron re-alignment and noise protection modules will make sure that you are always recieving audiophile-calibre sound no matter what your connection or other pc components. For only $50 extra you get 2 (two) precision placed noise chakra crystals (retail value $99.99) embedded into the pcb of the component itself, offering a never before heard boost to sound quality and performance
I mean, the manufacturers of this shit have to know its complete bullshit, right? I dont see anything wrong with taking some of these retards' money for myself

I dare you to blind test (ABX in Foobar) MP3 V0 vs FLAC. Let alone 24 bit flac vs 16 bit. I guarantee you won't be able to tell a difference.

no its not that simple do some research people who think digital audio stays the same forever are wrong.

jitter, different filters etc. There are many ways you can get a dirty transmission. Think of a good FM signal vs a poor one. I've seen USB connections that have a fuzzy sine wave vs a clean one.

>company is literally called onions
holy shit

Attached: 8ED5BA74FE_preview.png (640x640, 461K)

wtf are you talking about.. it has no analog output, at all.

You wanna make sure that the 0s are perfectly smooth, and the 1s are sharp, which is why you have those big capacitors and transistors.

Why because playback of the same digital data on two different devices produces different audio?

OH GOD WHY DIDN'T I REALIZE THAT YOU ARE SO RIGHT.

lol fuck off retard.

In all fairness someone stupid enough that they would need that explained to them wouldn't need any sort of quality like that.

I've actually heard audiophile quality headphones. Jesus fuck they do make an incredible difference.

Would I ever get it though? Fuck no. Like my shitty weeb music would sound any better with audiophile sound anyway.

Attached: 15780630_10207634899381837_6421716830713051471_n.jpg (270x387, 24K)

That's probably because your hard drive was not perfectly flat.
It's not a problem when reading the 0s, because the head still detects a bend anyway.
But when reading 1s, it can get confused for a 7 if the hard disk is not perfectly flat, and that's where those clicks and pops come from.

Source: my dad works for Nintendo.

That almost makes sense. It's just a USB "hub" + low noise power supply on the same board. It lets you run your DAC + AMP from a single source with a shared ground and low noise. (low noise is important for amplifiers without good integrated filtering)

Headphones have huge differences good ones sound amazing, amps make a difference as well, DAC's shouldn't but do slightly. It's when people buy this crap or argue about which $1000 cable or which capacitors sound better it gets ridiculous.

Personally I got these $200 Sony headphones. Don't know about audio tech. It's "expensive headphones" and they do the job for me.

they make "in-line fan filters"
holy fuck lol

Attached: Screenshot_24.png (1122x565, 113K)

dude how do you think it outputs to your fucking ANALOGUE headphones.

a DAC outputs in analogue you idiot.

That's completely it though, it;s what works for you. Audio stuff gets beyond ridiculous at times. Hell even the guy from Inner Fidelity , who's had access to and tested all the high end phones. Is, in his retirement, settling on Bose and Beats, because those are what works for what he's on to.

>The dCBL-UF is a new high end audio USB cable equipped with already well known filter block used on SOtM’s famous network cable, dCBL-CAT7
>This filter block makes you possible to get closer and listen to the essence of music through the USB system by removing unnecessary elements which were existed originally but not noticed earlier in the music. It is an important factor that makes dCBL-UF very special even though there are a lot of USB cables already on the market.
>Most USB cables existed around us could have changed nature of music rather than improving sound quality in overall. However, the dCBL-UF with the complete filter block made of the special material and special structure beyond the typical tricks is the truly high end audio USB cable to improve sound quality in the USB audio system.
it's a 700$ usb cable

Attached: Screenshot_25.png (820x589, 75K)

>removing unnecessary elements which were existed originally but not noticed earlier in the music

Attached: dicapriosquint.jpg (366x378, 13K)

power effects color of sound diferent powersupplies effect the sound your fully digital external dac provides or internal. this isn't even up for debate. and futher to that digital audio does get corrupted by noise from the power in the processing and other complicated shit. you guys have such a simplistic view of audio processing even for digital.

you realize that audio produced in ableton pro tools studio1 and lots of different programs literally sounds different even if you input the same audio file. for a simplistic way of looking at it they have different kinds of anti aliasing for the "digital" wave form that is in steps but its far more complicated than that and different ranges of sound sound different in different digital audio workstations based on how they are processed.

even playing back audio in diferent music players produces different sound its not as simple as it being 0 and 1 so it all sounds the same its very complex and I'm not talking about EQ or some thing simple its actually how they are programmed.

and yes digital files degrade sure if you put them on a HDD and unplug it and store it for 100 years it will sound the same but it will corrupt over 1-2 years and its so subtle that torrent programs will stay its still 100% checked but it will sound different to when you originally downloaded it because the hash checks are not that accurate.

you guys need to look into audio more clearly you have just been the FLAC generation and think its simplistic its not a super large flac will actually degrade faster than a low KBS mp3.

do some research.

things like SATA noise reduction and isolating the power of your USB3.0 to a external source will make your audio degrade slower and output cleaner.

lots of audiophile stuff is excessive and stupid like insulating of wires etc but the stuff this company sells is actually legit.

like is your view on digital sound so simple that you think its specs like range and bitrate is the only thing that effects sound? do you honestly think every digital sound device produces the same sound? why on earth then would their be so many brands.

the shit you guys are saying is stupid as fuck. digital audio is not simplistic "because its digital" its honestly just as complex as analogue sound processing.

why do you think some sound devices and external dacs cost more than others do you literally think its just because of the range of output they support? that's not it at all its the literal COLOR of the sound they produce.

fuck you guys are dumb.

It makes the error corrected binary data work better because reasons of course.

Is this pasta?

>gobbedly gook

Attached: wolfe.jpg (400x400, 32K)

Because audiophile DAC can't handle noise on their USB input. I wish I was joking.

If this reduces the huge amount of power noise from my graphics card that I get through my monitors, then I'll buy it in an instant.

I would imagine it would deliver a smoother power delivery for the DAC meaning that all the interference from the mains would be filtered out e.g. cracks and pops

This reminds me of that stupid as fuck PCI-E x1 card that was literally just a PCB with half a dozen or so capacitors on it.

TBF, it's a specialized linux appliance for music playback, with a custom GUI, features, connectivity, and more. It could actually be way worse. Businesses pay Thousands-Per for POS machines which are less specialized than this.

Is that thing supposed to output something like 20A? Except for "look how many heatsinks it has", why would they be there?

Probably to mitigate thermal noise somehow? It's bullshit either way, but that's all as for what legit reason it could be other than charging more for it.

>Comparing the the remastered Van Morrison albums again I was taken by surprise by the fact the differences were even just as pronounced with the LAN Filter as with the USB filter in the other system. This was not what I was expecting as my network is fairly well sorted. Issues that can plague Ethernet for audio are a mystery to me, but clearly isolating your streamer from the rest of the network pays dividends.
>An album I return to over and over for enjoyment and calibrating systems is Mondo Rama, by Jai Uttal. His seamless blend of Eastern devotional chants with rock and exotica never fails to draw my full attention. With the SOtM filter, I heard more nuances and more of what was “buried in the mix”. Ultimately, the ISO-CAT6 brought more clarity. As a matter of fact, it sounded like someone turned up the volume knob a half a notch.

comedy gold

>With the SOtM filter, I heard more nuances and more of what was “buried in the mix”. Ultimately, the ISO-CAT6 brought more clarity.

Attached: 1527870027988.gif (271x226, 987K)

I wonder how many of those capacitors aren't actually connected to anything

>it's even OUT OF STOCK
holy mother of WHY

Grounding professional audio gear through a computer is a terrible idea especially if it's balanced connectors. Most times the ground is being polluted by switching components and creates audible noise. I've had to remove the ground pin on both XLRs running to my speakers- this way they're being grounded only through the mains but it made a world of difference.

this seems to be the only thing that has anything approaching real returns vs cost in audio equipment
external power brick and using USB solely for data not power supply, or just use toslink input can't ground loop if you are fuckin light waves

Don't run your audio stuff via USB, period.

At a minimum use toslink, better use galvanic isolated spdif (coax), best on a separate dedicated streamer like hifiberry + mpd + linear power supply.

Attached: shot-20180620-7033-18oyysh.jpg (1280x3477, 855K)

The type of caps do make a difference in sound quality but not in the way those audiophiles claim. And DAC does make a lot of difference. Try comparing your shitty realtek codec with any cheap DAC with PCM5102 chip. The difference is day and night. But yeah you don't need to spend 1000 dollars on audiophile grade turd to get good sound. Anything more than 48khz 16bit is a placebo.

You guys joke about muh digital 1s and 0s but HDMi is proven to cause slight interference on most audio receivers, especially on 7.1 surround sound. USB 3.0 has a similar issue. It's why many music enthusiasts still prefer S/PDIF, despite being a much older standard TOSLINK actually measures better than HDMI. It's not about 1s and 0s, but what happens at the end of the chain when the DAC converts it to analog, the digital connection can interfere slightly with the analog stream.

>Audio grade USB 3.0 port
You can't make this shit up

Reminder that human hearing constantly degrades through the lifetime even without exposure to loud sounds, and they every exposure to loud sounds permanently reduces hearing acuity.

What some old fart find sufficient for his rotten ears is entirely irrelevant unless you regularly go to concerts without earplugs or are otherwise retarded.

>Bobby Shmurda was here
I fucking spat out my coffee all over my Thinkpad and I'm in public.

Realtek HD is perfectly fine and when output at 24/96 over 3.5mm it's almost indistinguishable from the audio over my fucking $300 USB DAC.
Hi-res audio is a meme.

What would a little 2.4Ghz emission do to audio that microwaves and wifi don't? A non-issue if there ever was one.

Digital circuits are a major source of noise and it's good design to have them properly isolated from analog circuitry including having a separate analogue and digital ground, however noise suppression in purely digital system is a fool's errand. If I were to put together a nice audio system I'd run a spdif cable from a computer to a external DAC and from thereon to an amp/speakers, the realistic improvements to be made are in the DAC/amp power supply and in general quality of them, seeing how the digital/analog isolation depends on the build quality of the DAC. If I had terminal autism I'd attempt to provide shielding from USB cables and other such wires interfering with the speaker cabling which might provide a benefit that can be seen with a network analyzer.

That said, dont the new USB standards have sidechannels which support analogue signals or am I severely mistaken?

If you ever used sensitive audio equipment, you'd know how much fucking noise a shitty (standard) usb controller introduces.

Why not plug it into a hub that has its own power?

>own power
Still, I guess you don't know electronics because power delivery is very noisy unless the equipment was purposefully made to not be.