Deepin 15.6

So, Jow Forums what do you think of Deepin? Just fired up a vbox and it seems very slick.

Attached: linux-deepin-15.6-launcher.jpg (1200x672, 162K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v25Dy66AtNI
youtube.com/watch?v=tllqWzO8Bqw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I tried it and the engrish killed it for me. Sticking with Arch + KDE

choinese bobnet

For the first time in my life i have to admit that a linux software center is not looking like ass.
The media player is mpv based, so using the stock player is a viable option as well.
The updates are kind of buggy for me though. I use it on my laptop, but i would never trade my KDE setup on my desktop away.

That was debunked

did they just copy the windows vista start menu? because that looks really nice

nice copy of the Windows 10 blur

This.
Wasn't there an article about Deepin being malware infested or that it had a BTC miner

>want to know the time
>have to open menu
Is this default?

Oh wait, I just noticed the time hiding in the panel, pretending to be an icon. I find blending status widgets into an application taskbar really odd.

No some asshole on youtube called it spyware because their store has the Chinese equivalent of google analytics. Ironically , he used google chrome the entire video. It was less sketchy than Ubuntu and the Amazon search stuff.

You said vbucks? VICTORY ROYALE!

Blur (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation

Only two clocks? Linus is slipping. Please tell me you can get more clock widgets on the desktop.

Yeah, I agree - that is weird. Also, there is this status menu on the right hand side that I have no idea how to open when the menu is in the 'dock' (or what they call 'Fashion mode' which is kind of hilarious) mode.

The icon does reflect the time, which is a small blessing, and you can get the date by hovering over the icon. Still awkward. The redmond style (or 'efficiency mode') taskbar has a clock exactly where you'd expect and a calendar pops up when you click it. You can also get the date when you hover, but it doesn't seem to have any options other than a 12/24 hour time toggle.

Attached: deepinclock.png (213x151, 52K)

For even more Windows, checkout 'efficiency' mode. And I agree - the windows taskbar doesn't get enough love for being as good as it is for what it does. While this is definately an emulation of that, it does a good job and everything works exactly as you'd expect. Looks good too - everything color is a first class citizen, rather than everything drowning in blue a la Windows 10.

Attached: 2018-06-19 21_17_46-Window.jpg (1921x1094, 217K)

It has a nice design, but it has 2problems.
* servers are located in china -> very lame appstore, system updates, etc. Download the .iso to test it out.
* high resource usage. Get more than 4 GB RAM and a quadcore if you don't have.

MacOS,Windows, Android and iOS are NSA-botnets. So it isn't worse than the mentioned OS above.

>Wasn't there..
Post an article from a serious newspaper or gtfo. Nobody cares about unconfirmed rumours.

the taskbar could be better
>open 2 file managers
>taskbar only shows one
>can only cycle between them, can't select one directly

>MacOS,Windows, Android and iOS are NSA-botnets.
THEN DON'T USE THOSE TOO????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It's not like you don't have a million other alternatives, tardo.

>task bar properties
>task bar buttons
>--->never combine

but there is no taskbar properties on deepin

>million
ok
name 5 that are usable as a daily driver and are not unix or linux related

youtube.com/watch?v=v25Dy66AtNI
youtube.com/watch?v=tllqWzO8Bqw
approach it with caution

>name 5 alternatives but not the ones i arbitrarily don't like

Attached: 1523306308217.gif (541x443, 2.52M)

>2088-70 anno domini
>still using a desktop environment

As others already mentioned, their App Store is a website, that uses something similar to Google analytics. They only information they get from you is Browser agent, screen resolution, etc. Following this logic, every distro with a browser is spyware because certainly you will visit a website with google analytics someday. Also when you are concerned about the Distro, you can use Deepin DE with an established distro

This is your brain on proprietary software.
Fucking degenerate.

million linux distros are not million alternatives, only one
you couldn't even name one other alternative

It's literal spyware.

No, it was proven.

10-20% cpu usage idle (on i5 4690k)

>name 5 alternatives
>but dont use any system in existence hahahahahahah checkmate I'm so smart
Guess I'll just go and boot up ad;lbfn[-0--=0ndafnvd;lm OS now

Chink shit thread

that means that in 2018 there is literally only 1 (ONE) alternatelive to windows, and that is unix/linux based OS
sad