Reminder that Linux will never be a desktop OS

Reminder that Linux will never be a desktop OS.

Attached: calendar.webm (1920x1080, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=394423
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder that Satania is the cutest.

What exactly does this prove? That retard OP can shit up his desktop with a million clocks?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1495131970685.jpg (1600x1200, 335K)

Attached: 1487972756135.jpg (490x447, 23K)

I came here just to see the freetard pasta.

Is it about this?

bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=394423

But it can be mobile OS

Why? Because you don't know how to configure it? Should be, "won't be a desktop OS for faggot autists."

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 85K)

Nigger yes. I do.

shitty enjeru

>Status: RESOLVED FIXED

I just consider Linux to be a hobbist's OS.

>RESOLVED FIXED
>still broken
classic

It was pretty good back in like 2012 but the same kind of cancerous asshole that ruined windows and OSx has taken the time to shit on Linux and ask to get thanked for it. See every redhat project ever.

>I just consider Linux to be a hobbist's OS.
Unless you work in a real tech job that's 98% RHEL servers. Fucking poseurs!

Attached: 1518762817706.jpg (1600x1162, 137K)

Joke's on you, faggot, I use a window manager.

>KDE
>surprised that it works like shit

how new are you

Linux is easily the best desktop OS for anyone with intelligence and taste. It's just that about 95% of computer users lack those things. And good riddance, it means that we don't have to put up with dumbed-down, drool-proof garbage meant to cater to them.

>cant even alt+print screen in linux
what the hell

What's with all these Mac knockoffs copying the stupid Dock? It's like the dumbest part of Mac. Use a Win 95 start menu like a real pro.

Pretty sure it's already a desktop OS and already dominates on every other place practically tho. If one bug is enough to prove otherwise then i don't know where windows or mac fits then, for example there was recently discovered a vulnerability that allowed to bypass the lock screen using cortana.

Attached: Screenshot-2018-6-19 Want to Break Into a Locked Windows 10 Device Ask Cortana (CVE-2018-8140).png (768x489, 85K)

The dock is optional, you can literally make the desktop look and work whatever you want.

>Mac knockoffs copying the stupid Dock?
He means Gnome.
>Win 95 start menu like a real pro.
Yeah, it's called KDE.

Attached: 1ov51f.jpg (460x422, 41K)

It's fixed on the code, so I guess your distro still has to ship the update. No idea which version will include the patch.

Look at the dates.

Part of me wishes I wasn't a gaming fag that still loves getting fully immersed in a game so I could go back to using Linux. Used it exclusively for about a year a few years ago and loved every second of the experience.

It sucks that it'll likely never get the kind of support Windows has to keep up with that sort of thing or I'd happily use it.