LTE 450

Why aren't carriers in the US using LTE band 31 to improve their service coverage and why isn't FCC assigning the band to carriers?

Attached: LTE450.jpg (709x1098, 144K)

>On the other hands carriers are promoting and advertising the coverage of LTE 700

Why do we need so many bands? I got along with EDGE 1900mhz since 2016 just fine.

Capacity per area

Check how many users can a EDGE 1900 network support simultaneously

bump because this is an interesting topic
do you people think limesdr-minis are a good buy?

That a good question
Another good question is who owns it?

>10 MHz all the way to 3.5kHz
>can be tuned to use multiple protocols
They seem so

I'm probably the only one around still using it.

Because it's useless in the current climate. The most money is made by having the best speeds in densely populated areas. For that you want high-bandwidth/low-range spectrum. There's no reason to use a band that can cover a large area if 0.5% of the people in that area are going to saturate it.

Then the provider is wasting the band on what could have support hundreds if not more users

The problem is outside those densely populated area that are so sparsely populated that carriers aren't willing to invest in providing service till now

By land mobile / fixed they mean police, fire, paramedic, school buses and shit.

Attached: US-spectrum-United-States-Frequency-Allocation-Chart-for-2016.jpg (6300x4031, 2.6M)

>Land mobile

Attached: IMG_20180620_122952.jpg (1197x604, 136K)

>till now
They still aren't. There's little money to be made in sparsely populated areas.
That's the whole reason why everything is moving up in frequency. Carriers primarily care about the dense cities, because that's where the vast majority of the money is

But with LTE 450 and supposed 50km radius of coverage, theoretically you only need a few hundred stations to provide basic coverage for virtually all of Continental US? That amount would be less than the amount of base station exists in a single large US city

so I guess you guys will know the answer to this:
are there dumb phones that support secure voice communications? what are the newest nokia phones that support secure encrypted comms?
I'm tired of using "smart"phones, but I know someone could easily intercept calls in GSM...

The latest Nokia phone along with many other new dumb phones support VoLTE which is voice over 4G and are certainly more secure than GSM.
But then many of those 4G-compatible phones are running on Android (typically 4.4-5.1 versions) or YunOS (A Chinese fork of android with backdoor) or KaiOS (A Firefox OS fork for feature phone, used by Nokia 8110 4g and some other phones) which all of them would have some degree of security threats

Is it possible to consolidate those land mobile usages to beyond 470MHz?

The FCC is only worried about killing Net Neutrality

Reeee but my chinky phone still works. T-Mobile says 2G will stay until 2020.