>in check out
>see this

wat do

Attached: image.jpg (640x853, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=THaC4De0TvY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mmmmm.

The verifone card readers all use Linux. It's less of an OS and more of a means of pulling the OS off the network. It's a dumb terminal. Also you should wait for it to finish booting so you can pay.

Open source, so I guess just steal the motherfucker.

Pay. Linux is widely used in those things.

>go shopping
>see this
wat do?

Attached: 1378685532035.jpg (768x1024, 550K)

>Go to IT office
>open my thinkpad
>challenge them to a desktop thread

turn 360 degrees and walk away

you'd walk in to the display?

Re-install Gentoo.

based

>being this new

I'd pick up some kefir milk and kielbasa.

>being so new he doesn't know about the bait responses to the 360 degrees meme

>being such a retarded faggot that you would even make a post that retarded

>hurr
>durr
>hurrdurr

Attached: 1508513584923.png (640x542, 4K)

Go to a different POS, that pinpad isn't working

Do there things really need a backlit color display? Too many things have them. Card readers look better with a simple monochrome LCD, and would look even better with e-ink. I hope the world's technology becomes more subtle, like in Her (2013).

Take a picture to shitpost on Jow Forums for (You)s with.

That would be really fun to try exploit even if offline.

I wonder if they actually release the kernel source

at Office Depot all our registers run OpenSUSE, which is great except they are all ancient IBM POS machines from 1999 with ~400mhz Celerons, and the fucking 2017 pinpads outpace them.

How have they not updated their hardware yet wtf

1. Install neofetch
2. Post in desktop thread
3. Reap (You)s

based

honestly fuck the computer give me some of that delicious kobonassi that's impossible to find.

As long as it doesn't say Intel Inside

>kobonassi
did you mean kabanosy?

whip out my pocket computer and press ctrl-d for them

>lunix
>doesn't work
like pottery

s/pottery/poettering

Inform them to reinstall but don't use ext4 to prevent these kind of problems.

Whoever designed that stupid faggot penguin logo should be gassed. It looks so bad and it's fucking everywhere.

underage

>his operating system doesn't have an OFFICIAL anime mascot

Attached: t_win10_theme_01.png (450x300, 94K)

Attached: pb041337_2-resize.jpg (323x431, 27K)

I'm 30 and use arch Linux, eat my dick. That logo is total shit. Shitty gradient. Shitty "lulz so random different sized eyes". It looks like some trash I would have throw together with Macromedia software in the 90s.

>I'm 30 and use arch Linux, eat my dick. That logo is total shit. Shitty gradient. Shitty "lulz so random different sized eyes". It looks like some trash I would have throw together with Macromedia software in the 90s.
There's no way you use Arch, or are 30 y/o if you can't see the reason the picture is such shit is due to the resolution of the screen

Kill yourself retard. I'm talking about the quality of the actual graphic, not the display. Holy fucking shit. You're telling me you think this shit looks good?

Attached: linux_PNG48.png (1110x1055, 162K)

>I use arch btw
fucking newfag boomers

Believe it or not, Jow Forums existed before you got here. I know it's hard for you to wrap your cellphone addled 18 year old brain around it, but its true.

No it doesn't look good, and the reason I'm trying to tell you're non-reading comprehension ass is due to the resolution of the screen

t. 35 year old who worked with retaurant and grocery store POS systems

>yeah I agree the logo looks like shit on modern displays but the reason it looks bad in that pic is because of the low resolution POS display

Wait, you're just bitching about the logo in general?

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 41K)

Original tux looks better desu

Attached: 1520653194696.png (265x314, 12K)

Nice retort you fucking brainlet

Not him but I don't think that was a retort, but rather just a statement.
He was calling you a brainlet because it took you that long to realize he was talking about the logo being bad from the start, not how it looks on that screen.

Obviously you fucking idiot. How new are you you oldass boomer? people have been bitching about it and asking for a professional artist to redraw tux since forever.
Die

Thanks, that's allot better than some dipshit pissed off at work like this

>Original tux looks better desu
A modern tux logo is required if this shit is ever going to be taken seriously. Something like this

Attached: other-linux-logo.png (750x918, 76K)

That looks like ass.

Logos should be simple and identifiable at all sizes. You're probably the 35 year old guy.

Look at this fucking 17 year old faggot, I thought stupid newfags like you were supposed to be banned?

I agree completely
t. 35 y/o

>scary shadow penguin staring directly into my soul with dead eyes
n-no thank you, s-sir

Install gentoo

youtube.com/watch?v=THaC4De0TvY

I don't get it, why did you post this here?

yo is that shit any good?
Is it basically like almond milk

More like drinkable Yogurt

Think like the Yop drinks you probably drank as a kid but tasting less ridiculously sugary and just a little more sour

>PoS running Gentoo
some turbo autist designed this

It's a psyduck if you look long enough

They should just co-opt hypnotoad

Tell them you'd like to interject for a moment, what there refering to as Linux is actually GNU/Linux or as you've recently taken to calling it, GNU+Linux

Not every system that runs on the Linux kernel uses GNU coreutils and I'm pretty sure a thin-client credit card reader only uses the kernel itself.

I was obviously trolling. Even a full Desktop OS based on Linux shouldn't be referred to as GNU/Linux as there are other essential components that make it a modern /usable OS that are not developped by GNU. Still, I bet there is some sort of additionnal software, either proprietary developped by VeriFone or something else, I doubt the Linux kernel by itself has some sort of card reader functionnality pre installed.

You'd be wrong.
Source:work in a retailer who uses these pads and a screen that shows all the packages cones up during boot

this

Spotted the pshek

Can anyone post 1920x1080 of this? Need to add it to the magical slideshow bg on my workbox.

use reverse image search
just werks

>go shopping
>she THIS
what do?

Attached: NPG6BVM.jpg (638x479, 52K)

Suits them for using Gentoo linux for anything serious. What do you bet the hard drive is fucked because gentoo doesn't idle it when not in use by default like a sane OS.

I made it "modern".

Attached: roo.png (66x78, 476)

underrated post

Request the source code.

(You)

Attached: brainlet-bike.jpg (403x448, 64K)

Got it! Thanks senpai!

hahahhah this looks fucking shit nice try buddi

Attached: image.jpg (750x1000, 109K)

reinstall gentoo

shit no wonder these things always break on you

It literally was though??

Not a PoS, a display. Probably showing prices and sales, probably also a dumb terminal using a desktop in the back for an X server

kefir tastes like absolute shit, why do people drink this instead of drinkable yogurt?

You know it's just yogurt right?

and it still tastes horrible compared to "drinkable yogurt"

I guess we like different things

impossible

do a 360 and walk away

These things are clusterfucks. A friend of mine worked on them and said it was a whole disorganized mess of remote pajeet programming and shit. Verifone laid the whole design team off with no warning after the project and one of the engineers took the only existing copies of a bunch of important technical information with him, too.

still a turbo autist for using Gentoo. I'd expect to see CentOS/RedHat/Debian.

My nigga, love me some kefir with a nice kalbasa sandwich with black bread

turn 360 degrees and install gentoo

My pin terminals that I bought for my store run on Linux too, not sure which distro though

yeah I'm not polish though so I never know how it is spelled

Different Eastern European culture with the same food, I'm guessing? My grandmother was Ruthenian and all the food my mom grew up with is the same stuff Polish people eat, but the names are all slightly different. (Like what they call "pierogi" we call "pirohi," "kielbasa" is "kolbassi," and so on.)