>study engineering
>finally graduate
>get a good job out of college
>realize engineering is now sitting at a desk on a computer all day

when did this happen

Attached: alpha.jpg (400x267, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IYjjWPvL9j0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hastings_(journalist)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What did you expect? Did you think you would be on the field having riveting conversations with fellow super intelligent engineers working on a top-secret cutting edge technological project?

Nope, you just sit in a chair and use programs.

If you're a burger, join the military as an engineering officer

Problem solved

>when you meet multiple long term goals but feel no fulfillment out of them
I know that feel.

Physics major and burger military in engineering reporting in

fuck you man, right in the gut

>tfw engineer making decent money
>tfw want to retire already at the age of 27
gonna be a long 40 years, but a short 30.

I'm still looking for a job but they say you shouldnt try to work government out of school you whould woek at peibate companies first as they offer much more upward mobilty whereaa in government tou get promoted based on time spent

>go into first year of EE
>Fail
Sucks having less than 126 iq

but EE is pretty easy. it's the bullshit gen eds that get you.

Be thankful you have computers. Before Engineering was just sitting in a cubical all day with a slide rule and a reference manual. Seriously, how did you go through 4 years of doing nothing but memorizing and applying a closet full of manuals and not realize that this is what engineering was?

>EE is easy
Then again on average I study less than 2 hours a day with lectures factored in. I just cant help it, even now its 4 AM and I have a test in 7pm

Attached: 1516050664837.jpg (480x478, 56K)

to be frank, I didn't study either. didn't do homework either. but my school let us have "cheat sheets" for tests and we went over practice tests the period before.

i learned, but it wasn't as challenging as it could have been. at least i did it on my own compared to the hordes of cheating pajeets.

Military is not at all based on time alone. There are many factors that determine your fit for advancement. Command impact is a big one. Having a collateral duty that is important to the command as a whole (ie. command fitness leader, 3M coordinator, career counselor, etc) mean a lot and give you face time with the CO. Four years in, as a lieutenant based in san diego, your salary would be inches from 100k

>being a welfare queen

Yeah but then you have to take orders like a bitch

can you get into the us military as an officer if you don't pass the medical for a grunt?

youtube.com/watch?v=IYjjWPvL9j0

makes me believe some people don't even go through basic training.

I graduated this year and I feel like a complete phoney.

>cheat sheet
>didn't cheat
wew

it was a formula sheet really. pajeets sit in groups and do the tests together with their cell phones.

Not gonna give CNN views, but isn't this the video where the anchor says that an AR-15 is 'fully semiautomatic'?

it's where the general fires a gun like a retard, yeah.

And a retired US general leans back and closes his eyes to shoot an AR-15, and then goes on to say the US Army used the AR-15 in war, which they never have, ever?

Yep. That's the one.

Unlike industry, government has the "advantage" of never going out of business.

I'd like to say journalism is dead, but I fail to see the difference between this and William Randolph Hearst's yellow journalism of the 1800's. I think it's safe to say that between bias and sheer incompetence the notion of journalistic integrity has always been a joke.

Attached: 1527705257043.jpg (709x808, 68K)

>Yellow journalism and the yellow press are American terms for journalism and associated newspapers that present little or no legitimate well-researched news while instead using eye-catching headlines for increased sales.

where are you supposed to get your news if everything is yellow?

It exists but examples are few and very, very far between.

Journalists who expose actual problems can't get their stories published. News sources that allow legitimate journalism to be published don't get sponsors. And investigative journalists who investigate *serious* problems like US military officers ordering the execution of known civilians, get murdered.

In the US. I'm not talking about Russia or China.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hastings_(journalist)

Legitimate journalism isn't dead, but the people who practice it conveniently end up that way.

Attached: 1528774550634.jpg (520x519, 76K)

>join the military
stopped reading there

A rough mix of CNN, Fox, Russia Today, Al Jazeera, and the BBC. To an extent, NPR, Reuters, and the Wall Street Journal.

Many, many different sources, preferably sources not reporting on their own country's/territory's news (ie RT, AJ, BBC for American news). Also be aware that ~85% of all print and screen media in the US comes from one of 6 companies, all owned by the same handful of people.

There is no one "unbiased" or really even "reliable" source.

Back in the day it was doing the same thing, only much more paper and drawing involved. Working for a company instead of an engineering firm tens to get you out in the field more depending on what they do, but it's still mostly desk time.

Attached: 1526094353637m.jpg (1024x768, 104K)

From as many possible sources as you can. It's not just that news is yellow, it's often plain inaccurate as journalists never know a goddamned thing about what they're reporting on. They rely on experts to tell them about certain topics, but due to not being experts themselves they can't really tell if their 'expert' is full of shit or not.

Even if a journalist source is completely unbiased and dedicated to telling the truth, given these factors and the fact that they're generally racing to be the first to report on X (because news is only interesting if it's recent), mistakes are going to be made.

TL;DR do your own research and make up your own mind. Question everything and tell anyone who can't produce an evaluable source to fuck off.

Nice 1911. Is it yours?

Join NOAA corps as an engineer officer.
You're a uniformed service member and get all the same benefits except you're a noncombatant, meaning you won't die for Israel. You'll get the GI Bill and veteran status.
NOAA is redpilled, probably the furthest right wing branch.

>Michael_Hastings_(journalist)
did they ever find out what was he going to publish? wikipedia says
>His widow Elise Jordan said his final story was a profile of CIA Director John O. Brennan.
but he had said
>Hastings said that he was "onto a big story", that he needed to "go off the radar"
so who knows what he discovered...

Sweet baby Jesus they hacked his fucking car and killed him

Attached: jigglin.jpg (250x195, 6K)

I mean, can you imagine how fucking terrifying that must have been? Your car starts runaway accelerating and there's not a damn thing you can do to stop it?

You think he tried hitting the brakes, pulling up the E-brake, or was he just so goddamned terrified he couldn't think straight? Did it not make a difference? Would turning off the ignition have done anything?

Attached: melons.jpg (1440x900, 46K)

There was actual traffic cam footage leaked too btw...
I remember seeing it back when I was a cyber autist and it scared the fuck out of me watching the acceleration and he clearly was trying to fight it.
There's also actually a small explosion on the film within a foot of him hitting the tree if you pay close enough attention.

There was also the WL glow in the dark leak that showed they had the technology to gain control over 'fly-by-wheel' technology.

I suspect the same happened to Paul Walker for what ever reason.