/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in boards.Jow Forums.org/g/#s=csg

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 428096.png (1006x1444, 1.67M)

Other urls found in this thread:

abx.digitalfeed.net/
dropbox.com/s/zr5tqw0qojom9uh/Sennheiser HD650.pdf?dl=0
canpicker.com/m-audio/hdh50
amazon.de/dp/B00F3F7316
canpicker.com/sennheiser/hd-569
verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/52973
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 6FF9D2E7-A52F-4E3D-BB99-CFA20167EB2A.jpg (2584x3940, 2.06M)

Whats the point of FLAC when 320kbps mp3 is all we need?

Are Portapros just an ancient meme, or is there anything better in the "cheap and portable" niche? I don't like in-ears by the way.

Attached: 1529255527648.jpg (360x408, 18K)

flac is important for archival purposes, editing, and also for converting to other formats, but it serves no use as an actual listening format and anybody who uses it that way needs to be bullied for their foolishness

Whats the point of 320kbps mp3 when 256kbps AAC is all we need?

again it might not fit here but which PMP/DAP should I buy? I was thinking FiiO M7 or maybe just the X3MIII.

What's the point of 256kbps when 64kbps makes sound?

Stopping bit leakage

go with shanling m2s instead of fiio x3, way more bang for buck

massdrop just released the final FR for the HD58X

Attached: VwjDNEYvQSOgGRi1qJrU_FR-DF_58X-prod_versus_650.jpg (1099x425, 90K)

Suggestions for good low budget music players with a decent DAC?

>massdrop
no thanks

Is it ok to get the DT880 32 ohms if I dont want to use an amp?

at 32Ohms yes, anything should drive it. Will a dedicated amp make it sound better? Probably

The more I browse this website and post, the more I hate it. Anime posters offer irrelevant pic related. I don't get it. They're low IQ with a predisposition to transvestitism.

>Anime posters offer irrelevant pic related. I don't get it.
anime hate is strongly correlated with too many newfags. if anime posters bother you then you're in the wrong place

What do you expect when you're on a chinese cartoon image board

Gtfo

How much better? Do you think I should go for a cheaper pair instead or buy the dt880s now and wait to buy an amp later?
Basically, do you think they are still worth it without an amp?

maitetsu soon lads

Go for what headphones you like and see what you think of them. They are the major factor in how it will sound. An amp won't make a night and day difference but it may refine some things. Listen to them for a while first then see what you think

I wish that were me

Thanks for the advice. Headphones are definitely a tough buy because you really can't tell if like them without trying them out and comparing. Otherwise you just have to rely on what others think.

Why do newfags not understand where the fuck they are?

Yeah exactly, I was just reading up actually and even though they are only 32ohm Beyers are kind of power hungry so will benefit from a decent amp, even the 32Ohm version. It's up to your ears though, and if the difference is worth it to you. These things can get really expensive very easily.

it's too bad there can't be a training wheels program where newfags have to sit through a year or two of /b/ before they are let in

FLAC -> 64 kbps Opus
That's why.

abx.digitalfeed.net/

everyone fails it. 320kbps is the pinnacle of mp3.
It's pretty easy to tell when it's below 320 though.

hmmm these suck

Attached: .jpg (2000x1485, 1016K)

anime hate strongly correlated with ability to imagine, same way as with some forms of obscure art, imagination is hell of a drug but if you don't get what other people see it makes you angry.
Pic related sculptural anime.

Attached: 1514819179037.jpg (664x461, 41K)

Because it's not.
I was a DJ for years and unlike my mother, from whom I was to inherit the company if the demand for DJs didn't dry up where we live, I didn't fall for the "mp3 is all you need" meme or the "output analog as soon in the sequence as possible because that somehow is better even though it makes no sense" meme.
To this day she never figured out why my setup sounded better than hers when I was using the same hardware.

Why? Other than being grossly overpriced.

why?
I dodged the bullet got 1990 instead, I can't get used to how wide 1990 are after 600s. It feels wrong, same way 600s felt wrong after 598s. That separation though, I can finally hear orchestras right.
I really don't get treble complains from some people, there is barely any treble. And voices somehow sound better than on 600s which should be perfect for voices. And the bass. 1990 got bass that isn't overshadowing anything but just there. Didn't test in games yet, but seeing how it works for tv shows they should be fine. Pads do change sound, I need to spend a day to tell which is better for me, but change is noticeable.
They are clampy though, not as new senns "vice my head" clampy, but you can feel it. Also I apparently like round headphones more than sennheiser styled.

Attached: 1516074301378.jpg (176x220, 11K)

R70X sounds better for a fraction of the price. 660 feels cheap too.

1990s are like ultra 600s. Plus they're not sensitive to backwave reflections which means they're perfect bedphones.

this or shp?
this seems easier to mod.

Attached: Massdrop_HiFiMAN_HE_350_Brand_NEW__HE_350.jpg (1000x750, 106K)

What's a cheap/small mp3 player that has a clip?

oh god the HE-350 was horrible. don't get memed into that bullshit. sound like tin cans and has huge skullbreaking clamp force

tested the 1990 and the 660s side by side for nearly 4 weeks, kept the 660s because of the more natural sound and the superior comfort imo

>this seems easier to mod
be prepared to epoxy it
at least shp won't break in a week.

How're Takstar Pro 82?

should have got stax

Hd600 more laid back

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1502642870901.jpg (1920x1200, 1.34M)

T-T-T-That's a-a-a c-c-cute a-a-anime y-y-you got t-t-t-there. M-M-M-May I-I-I-I m-m-m-make l-l-l-love t-t-t-to i-i-it?

never heard them, some say overblown bass overs praise them
shp safest bet.

I know there are links and faqs to check, but I just want answers from relevant sources. What are some good over ears that I can use at work without being too cumbersome and without sacrificing much sound quality? Decent clasp strength would be good, and maybe a bit heavier on the bass. Needs to be able to be powered from a phone, and would prefer a shorter cord or a modular cord if possible.
Price range is anything under $200 I suppose.
Already have DT880 Pros for home use, but they're just too bulky for work.

Attached: shitguide2.png (1524x3312, 683K)

What are a good pair of in-ear earbuds?

My smartphone stock earphones broke. I'm thinking to buy kz ks10, but I heard you better replace their earbuds.

Attached: screen_2018-06-20-09:50:40.png (400x271, 82K)

Those all seem a bit too bulky dbh, also my 880s aren't on that shitlist lol.

they are in yellow where it says decidedly inferior but acceptable

KZ a shit. Get Tin Audio T2 if you like neutral. I shill Fiio F3 since they're pretty cheap and sound nice for $25.

I know, but they aren't in the red zone at least.
Maybe I'll just have to stick to shitty in ears for at work, oh well.

Why are stax overpriced? You could get a HD800 for $800

get the takstar pro 82 silly boi

>pretty easy
not for me. really depends on song. i couldn't abx 128 aac and 320 mp3

looks decent. less veiled but more bassy than HD650?

>veiled
That meme died in the 90s kid.

I don't know about fiio f3, but for 25 bucks... mhh
I'm gonna read some review.

Maybe, cable seems too long, and canpicker says clamp strength is low though my head is a bit big so that may not be an issue.
Will look into them more.

Sennheiser veil is a meme
HD650/6XX with this EQ will sound way better than the HD58X.
dropbox.com/s/zr5tqw0qojom9uh/Sennheiser HD650.pdf?dl=0

Just get SHE3590's. They'll cost $10 and be better than any stock buds

Clearly you've never heard the 598

>stax is kill

That curve is a perfect expression of the DF concept.

Attached: 224260_screenshots_20180607204857_1.jpg (1920x1080, 571K)

Guys I'm a home theater fag and I want to install 2 tactical transducers in my chair.

The 2 bass shakers will have a seperate dac/amp.

How do I mirror the sound from my headphones to the second DAC for my bass shakers without interfering with my EQ in EqualizerAPO?

Anons, I'm retarded so please hold my hand.
I have a pretty nice speaker setup that takes up the outputs of my sound card and until now I was passing audio through my monitor for my headphones but now that's not an option. Do I use a usb DAC? And that won't interrupt with sound card shenanigans?

Are you cold user? Please come inside and put on a blanket or something.

Attached: 1405272892673.png (421x248, 52K)

Rude

Attached: 1403048994177.jpg (854x810, 296K)

I think you could do that

You're not wrong but you are posting this in a website filled with these kinds of degenerates

Brother you need a crunchyroll account.

The sexy anime pic is a /hpg/ tradition, I think they're retarded too.

Gabriel dropout, KanColle and Dragon maid are pretty good anime.

You can watch for free on gogoanime io

Idol trash, HD669 user here.

I am closer to feeling Umi-chan.

Each day, I come a little closer.

START:DASH is pretty close to divine quality.

I ordered comply foam ear tips on Ali.

Monoprice enhanced bass seem to be pretty good.

>KanColle is a good anime

Attached: 1495617466771.jpg (236x226, 14K)

Brother wtf

prove me wrong

horrible taste I bet you dont own stax

shill me your picks than

now you're quite fucking faggot

l300 and l700

anime picks not your stax

Attached: hue.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

these are one and the same as stax are the weeb's headphone of choice. for all intents and purposes, stax are anime

I can't imagine living such a nightmare

>stax are anime
I like stax but I'm disinterested in anime & manga, haven't really watched any since the early 2000s when I was a lot younger. also I bully weebs.

Ehhh your computer probably wont let you output audio to both the sound card and a sub device at the same time. Does your sound card have any open outputs, either a 3.5 mm or rca ports? If yes then your 2 options should be plug headphones into sound card or connect a headphone amp. An amp would be preferable. Getting a dac would eliminate the need for a sound card though.

OK

Faggots like would have a stroke if they knew what we are hyped for.

>Ehhh your computer probably wont let you output audio to both the sound card and a sub device at the same time.
lol windows

Is there any reason why balanced amps have high output impedance?

>balanced amps
lol, if only an audio engineer from 10 years ago could hear people seriously referring to "balanced amps," I bet you couldn't convince them that people in 2018 would believe in "balanced amps" and "balanced headphone cables"

Shanling m0

I have lots of autism money from being a loser who never does anything, what stax should I buy

SRS-5100

I need decent 25$ earphones.

no shitphones

I wish I had an anime gf. My life could be so different now

>tw1
Patrician taste idol trash user, I LOVED that game.

Dual mono.

canpicker.com/m-audio/hdh50
amazon.de/dp/B00F3F7316

or

canpicker.com/sennheiser/hd-569
verkkokauppa.com/fi/product/52973

My jabra's were good but currently btfo.
Any experience with these two headphones?

Attached: IMG_20180619_205700.jpg (3456x4608, 3.52M)