The most comfy OS of all time

Linux is kill.

Attached: 079600EC-5CFC-4186-BCDE-042214594F14.jpg (1032x774, 71K)

Linux is a kernel.

Shut. The fuck. Up.

Is that really it, wtf? It literally looks like a cheap Linux distro trying to replicate macOS. When I was a kid, I wanted a Mac so bad. I feel like by the time I actually get one, it'll be an ARM board running Linux.

No. Give credit where credit is due.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as GNU, is in fact, Linux/GNU, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Linux plus GNU. GNU is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Linux system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the Linux system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Linux which is widely used today is often called GNU, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linus Torvalds. There really is a GNU, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. GNU is nothing but userland: the programs in the system that allocate the other programs that you run to the machine's resources. The userland is an essential part of an operating system, but useless without a kernel; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. GNU is normally used in combination with the Linux operating system: the whole system is basically Linux with GNU added, or Linux/GNU. All the aptly-named Linux distributions are really distributions of Linux/GNU, unless you're a sensible person that doesn't need to garble out a mouthful of word salad just to feel validated for your contribution to open-source.

Mac needs to go back to PowerPC if they want my business again.

Nice deepin clone you got there.

installing mojave really makes you wish for a nuclear winter

>tfw 16% of your UI is wasted by a dock and a menu bar
I can see why Apple users are gay. You'd have to be a faggot to use that shit.

They may be going to ARM, which is also RISC, so you could just pretend that the A14 chip inside is a PowerPC G6

looks like fucking a fucking cancerous sore on my scrotum desu

That's what I was referencing. Considering all they want to do is make laptops smaller and smaller, it's in their best interest. I guess the RISC workstation is finally dead.

No lol

Which would be amazing.

I understood this reference haha

Replied to wrong poster.

What an ApplePi? Yeah man that sounds great.....

I unironically think it's much harder to kill linux than macos. Microsoft and apple may be titans with extremely deep pockets to the point of being able to bribe governments and institutions but to kill linux you'd basically need to pass a law on most countries that forbids people to create software by themselves without unless the government authorizes them.

>It literally looks like a cheap Linux distro trying to replicate macOS
>muh flat, muh minimalism

God damn I miss Snow Leopard so much. This was the last version of OS X that didn't have some kind of glaring fault.

Attached: snow-leopard.png (1280x800, 700K)

A E S T H E T I C

Is it running on a phone?

for anyone wondering that is not an official pic, that one looks even worse. Not a macOS user but the half-skeuomorphic icon set is really ugly.

Attached: 26393-37459-macOS-Mojave-l.jpg (660x371, 43K)

The inconsistency among those icons in the dock almost look like an unriced Android homescreen. At least iOS forces every icon inside a rounded square to make an attempt at looking somewhat consistent.

Snow Leopard is the Windows 7 of OS X. Gloss and eye candy visual effects everywhere yet still manages to look decent.

>ARM
>RISC
when it has shit like FJCVTZS
ARM hasn't been RISC for a long time.

It's kind of funny how Apple moved over to "gloss and awe" before moving back to what is essentially the dock they introduced with Panther.

Attached: macosx103.png (1024x768, 459K)

Hi Stan or Alex. Was literally talking about this today.

>This was the last version of OS X that didn't have some kind of glaring fault.
What was wrong with the later versions? I'm a faggot for Mountain Lion myself.

>mfw my cinnamon desktop looks better than this

Attached: heh.jpg (560x577, 226K)

I learned a new word today.

>muh credit

No. Fuck off.

I liked the brushed metal window border style as a kid.

Man, I hope I still post here in 10 years, so I can see these contrarian rose tinted glasses having faggots post about how "Mojave was the last good MacOS"

>I hope I still post here in 10 years
ISHYGDDT

do (You) even realize how bad your macOS is that even macfags are using GNU/Loonix now?

Attached: Screenshot_20180620_093806.png (2880x1800, 3.03M)

They're trying to insult it by making it look like iOS

>go ARM
>totally, irreversibly, ultimately wreck all backwards compatibility
they won't do it

But then again they're getting rid of OpenGL too lmao

>ftw KDE will be responsible for the year of the Linux desktop
Gnome was a mistake.

Attached: 1489214316019.jpg (275x183, 6K)

>>totally, irreversibly, ultimately wreck all backwards compatibility
>m68k -> powerpc
>os9 -> os x
>powerpc -> x86
Apple doesn't give a fuck

jokes aside probably the most privacy friendly os for the layperson with safari's fingerprinting thing for blending into the crowd

>tfw every program you download doesn't follow your theme

>tfw that's only a windows issue, thanks to GTK and Qt themes existence

installing mojave really makes you wish for a decent os

if you can show a screenshot of gimp running with a dark theme i'll be impressed and give cinnamon another shot

Fuck mac os, I've been using a mac with high sierra for a week now, I feel like I am being mocked every second I spend using it.

What Linux DE is it? Looks a but like Gnome

does iq loop around or something?

???
It's a shit OS, had to look up some obscure commands to install a program that's not from the soistore, so much for being easy to use.

Linux has always been kill. Linux has never been good.

Attached: tdsog.png (1495x835, 186K)

okay spoiler alert genius you hold option when you left click open when it's a foreign app and for everything else you use homebrew/homebrew cask

fucking linuxlets

personally i'll keep using xfce which is free, and free, and tiny

Attached: Screenshot 2018-06-20 09:10:45.png (1920x1080, 2.16M)

mine's dark by default now.

Attached: Screenshot_20180620_101054.png (2880x1800, 1.35M)

power to you

Says the person literally surrounded by linux boxes, using linux boxes indirectly to shitpost.

Now linux on desktop specifically is a joke.

Why though? Why do I need to learn how to use the (((("most intuitive and best")))) OS on a Palestinian Duck Skinning Subreddit?
Also
>sudo su

>Icons
icons looks like bad linux theme.
t. macfag

Kind of tempted to get one of the 27" iMacs.

Mostly use my computer for WoW, writing, and watching shit. Been using my current PC for ages, and components are so expensive it wouldn't work out much better to look elsewhere (and that included a 4k display instead of 5, because 5k is crazy money). It's not essential, just a nice upgrade.

I'm a bit concerned about their plans to drop Intel for their own ARM CPUs though. I don't think they'll do it for a couple of years yet, I think they'll start small like with a MacBook Air. Still, I don't want to feel the remorse of a PowerMac G5 owner.

Oh well, if I do it I'll wait for Coffee Lake iMacs.

6 physical cores should last a while.

Why are they squaring everything?

Is it still in beta?

The apple engineering in general is quite awful.
Chips runs too hot and trottly (and end up baking the rest of the system over time), there's some quite obvious flaws in the design itself and well, repair is hell.

>triggered

Not gonna lie I'd be doing it for the screen mostly.

Even then the RX570 is better than my current GTX 760.

The real drawbacks I'm seeing are:
1) Spending out the extra for the 512 SSD, because if I do want to dual boot, Fusion drives suck for it. Can't self fit an SSD either, not without crazy shit.
2) External storage. Tried to find a Thunderbolt enclosure but could only find ones that have pre-installed HDDs, when really I'd rather just re-use the three I have.

.. But that screen..

The real drawback is that your mac will not perform as well as a regular PC with the same specs due the chips always overheating and throttling down and that your MAC will break on you early as well.

Just make sure to run gimp 2.10. The GUI still sucks (why is there a "wilber" in the top corner) and is still based on gtk2

>still based on gtk2
so what? what's your problem with gtk2?

I dunno, if I don't play many games or render, I should be ok shouldn't I? My hardware isn't too much of an issue, it has some weird little issues. If anything I tend to have more issues with Windows 10 not working properly, and while I've tried Linux, I'm not keen.

MacOS is for cucks.

Will it run without hackintosh fuckery on non-apple machines?
If not, Linux is still just as alive as a desktop OS as it has been for the last few years.

sudo -s

probably for the same reason you learned linux

depreciated

>apple engineering in general is quite awful
nigga...

This.
There are no words in any language to describe how utter shit Applel engineering is. They are literally worse than Acer.

Attached: 1506257764991.png (636x727, 137K)

>sudo -s
Eat my ass, there's no reason why I shouldn't be able to just su.

I'd love to be back on OS X, but these days, there is no current hardware that I would run it on. The Mac Pro is too old, Mac mini became everything that's wrong with macbooks, the macbook pro has a nice screen, but I'd like to be able to upgrade the SSD and RAM, and replace the battery in a few years when it is worn out. OS X is my favourite operating system for general desktop use, but can't stand the hardware OS X is intended for.

Hackintoshes sounds annoying to deal with. I don't really believe people when they go on about how well it works, since I've seen too many end up with broken systems due to updates or missing important features like power management. I think my best option for OS X now is an old Mac Pro, if I can find a cheap used one (unlikely, used macs are horribly overpriced, unless it's some old LGA771 or G5 system).

For now I use a GNU/Linux distribution with Mate. It's annoying to use too, but it's been reliable. Shame there are no good GUI email clients (mutt is the only one I like so far). Desktop icons does not snap to a proper grid, noisy audio unless I disable speech dispatcher,

Network shares mounted through caja end up under a horrible far too long folder structure.

>/run/user/1000/gvfs/smb-share:server="remote server",share=storage
Instead of
>/Volumes/"remote share"

Why couldn't they use a nicer easier to navigate structure under /Media.

I tried KDE and GNOME as well, but KDE turned out to be too unstable, and GNOME felt like a toy phone with fake buttons. GNOME was far too restrictive. Mate works, but is just annoying. I enjoy the more simplicity focused distributions with i3 a lot more, but using such a distribution instead of a desktop or workstation focused one is more work and effort. I have yet to try Cinnamon or Budgie, I fear they'll be as annoying too, but I hope they're more stable than KDE, without the restrictions and annoyances of GNOME and Mate.

Holy fucking shit you niggers are beyond retarded. You really can show this board anything and call it whatever and they'll believe you. That's some fucking weird Linux clone on a goddamn netbook screen.

>he thinks the dock is permanently the same size and doesn't move
>he's duped by a Linux clone that someone said was macOS
>he doesn't know anything about any OS

I want to stab everyone here in the fucking face.

Attached: 9hW5ONp[1].jpg (2880x1800, 295K)

>mixing shapes
fucking degenerates

kill yourself you fucking mongoloid

>I think my best option for OS X now is an old Mac Pro, if I can find a cheap used one (unlikely, used macs are horribly overpriced, unless it's some old LGA771 or G5 system).
They dropped support for the ones without 64 bit support

But yeah, I'd like a 27" iMac, but the aftermarket costs are pretty big, and that's offputting for me.

1) Have to sink like £160 upfront for the 512GB SSD
2) Need external storage, would cost like £280 for a 6TB Thunderbolt storage solution
3) RAM, it's still like £140 for 16GB of DDR4 SODIMM

So the base price of ~£1500 suddenly jumps up by another £500.

tfw no mojave public beta yet

>implying I'm going to buy a developer account

Correct, but it's still an operating system

To kill Linux it would be enough for big companies like Apple and Microsoft to stop contributing.

Stop being an autist

This actually makes more sense.

YEAY BSD WIN AGAIN, BASED MACFAG

No give credit where it's due
You did absolutely nothing, you fat ass

As a kid growing up on Windows 2000 and then Windows XP, OS X seemed beautiful to me. I remember going over to my friend's house, he had a G4 and I thought it was just the greatest thing ever. I had always wanted to own a Mac from that point on. Imagine my disappointment when, after begging my parents to pay for half the cost of a 2008 15" Macbook Pro, the logic board shit out on me a mere 2 years later. Ever since then, I've viewed OS X as a great operating system hobbled by trash hardware.

Mountain Lion had issues with a jerky UI, numerous bugs (but not as bad as Lion), optimized drivers to favour trackpads over mice, and continued the iOS-ification of Mac OS that Lion started.

It's kind of incredible that I can still install 32-bit Windows programs from 1996 on my W10 PC, but you cannot install MS Office 2011 on a new Mac starting around fall of this year.

If businesses used OS X like they do with Windows the situation would be a lot different. Windows still has to support 32-bit applications because of the shitton of enterprise environments stuck in the 90s or early 2000s.

Delusions,the post.

fpbp

Mojave seems to be a pretty decent release.
Hold your shitposting until 10.14.1 releases so we can take a look at how applel fucked up the release.

Attached: giphy.gif (350x263, 925K)

>I can still install 32-bit Windows programs from 1996 on my W10 PC
further back, 16bit

no it's not.
Linux cannot even boot by itself.
You need a fucktone of tools in order to boot Linux.

Sure, if you're some kind of grandfather still using a 32-bit OS

/thread

You either need an emulator (that works on any platform) or a 32-bit operating system for that tho.

>the thing that literary boots can't boot itself
KEK

Is this really what the latest macOS looks like? That looks like some chink android skin.

>t. assblasted mactoddler

Good post.