A man once secretly outsourced his job to China, played at work including surfing reddit...

A man once secretly outsourced his job to China, played at work including surfing reddit, and made hundreds of thousands before being caught and fired.

Is this even legal? Anyone on Jow Forums who does this?

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2013/01/16/169528579/outsourced-employee-sends-own-job-to-china-surfs-web

Attached: エッチ.png (484x432, 200K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rootstrap.com/blog/what-happened-when-we-hired-someone-who-outsourced-his-entire-job-to-china/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If a job is easy enough to outsource like that, why should he be fired? He obviously got his job done.

> some shit about some third world communist dictatorship
do we give fuck? no, probably not.

I want to find out whether it's legal so that I can try it.

>And it turns out that the job done in China was above par — the employee's "code was clean, well written, and submitted in a timely fashion. Quarter after quarter, his performance review noted him as the best developer in the building," according to the Verizon Security Blog.

Attached: 1526532844399.jpg (434x326, 33K)

Theres no law that says "you can't pay someone else to do your own job"

And there’s no law saying you can’t be fired for doing it.
/thread

Then why
rootstrap.com/blog/what-happened-when-we-hired-someone-who-outsourced-his-entire-job-to-china/

> The check and separation agreement were ready, and if he went out gracefully, we wouldn’t press charges and that would be that.

What is this about pressing charges?

Well it would almost certainly violate your NDA for one. But outside of an employer-employee contract it's not like there's anything illegal about that; that's just called subcontracting.

guy needs to work in America
there's no clause in how the "work" was supposed to be done
also
>2013
LMAO

There were certainly dozens of stipulations in his contract that were violated by doing this and thus subject to lawsuit.

But "violating employment contract" and "being illegal" aren't the same thing.

What firm? Also the guy wouldn't get caught (as easily) if he just SSHed into his home and used that as a reverse port forward for the chinks to VPN in.

I was going to say violating ITAR if he was working at a def company, but in that case there'd be no question of "pressing charges" or not, he'd get blackv& in the middle of night. is prob right about contract violation

He did this at Verizon and some other places.

The real issue seems to be that he let the chinks login with a Chinese IP address on his work computer, and they used their own tools. What he really needed was a network KVM and for them to use all of his own tools and network accounts. If he's working remotely he can just leave his work laptop there while Jacky Chan and Mao do his work.

Yeah he should have known that a VPN login from a Chinese IP would be suspicious

>npr
isn't that cuck shit

I hope he was sued for the hundreds of thousands he earned the lazy bastard

Just because the consumers of that let people fuck their wives doesn't make it cuck shit. Go and check your cuckphobia.

Why?
Employers do this all the time?

NPR is decent most of the time. On some of the shows where the libfag guest is going off topic or make baseless claims, the host usually chimes in to inform him what they are saying is baseless and to get back on topic. There is still a left wing lean, but it's very noticeable and the information they provide you is enough to understand what is happening. They typically don't try to manipulate you like most media does.
Also, yeah, a lot of cucks occasionally come onto the shows.

Radiolab is singlehandedly one of the best podcasts around, so is More Perfect. Tiny desk concerts, Planet money, and How I Built This are also top-tier.

Code Switch is too if you're a libtard. Typically they go into the history of forgotten, but important figures in social justice.

got the non censored version of this?

>social justice
>important

Attached: 1514991798890.jpg (431x450, 65K)

Corporations do this shit all the time

You could be breaking NDAs though

employers usually don't like people to leak their shit
I can't even bring my works back home for checking

reminds me of some guy that automated his job with scripts and didn't get caught for years

I would fire an employee for outsourcing their work because that means that they likely divulged company trade secrets "into the wild" and violated countless NDAs. Depending on what information was given out, I would consult my company's legal team so they could promptly sue the former employee for damages. Not that the cash would be any more than a drop in the bucket, but just to prove a point and to make an example for anyone else thinking about doing it. There's a reason why you shouldn't do this.

>reminds me of some guy that automated his job with scripts and didn't get caught for years
>caught
I would put the motherfucker to write more scripts
Unless they were some retarded shit like homer putting a bird to peck yes

Attached: 1526602752369.jpg (350x350, 31K)

why are corporations so greedy? Also, the retard just create a new reason for corporations to hire chinese developers.

>outsourcing to china instead of india

This guy knew what's up. He could still do this outsourcing shit from his home and even make his own startup company