Half way through an engineering degree

>Half way through an engineering degree

Having second thoughts

Attached: hOhzxIAFo9Z8YTln884w-P0Spk56c601bkeqvL_4i7E.jpg (750x743, 66K)

is anyone here actually an employed audio engineer

>employed
>audio engineer
>outside of Hollywood

Choose 2

im studying electro optical engineering and i want to die. back up was audio engineer or pilot.

im just gonna kill myself

Attached: 18893233_1541720209202383_5001424975512400381_n.jpg (480x476, 26K)

Life Lesson: Anything you study in college or do for a day job, you will sooner or later come to absolutely despise, because you'll see all the day-to-day bullshit administrivia that makes up most of the practical world. You'll no longer associate your field with learning new things or building cool stuff, not after you've built something boring that a thousand people have built before for your asswipe boss for the dozenth time. Don't make your hobby your job.

Who needs college when you can write an operating system to talk with God and live on the donations that autists make to you?

Attached: 1.gif (500x281, 3.26M)

I have an assoc degree in electromechanical eng.
I have a bsc in comp sci

yet I feel nothing but sadness.

life is not worth living user. I don't know why I haven't offed myself yet.

he stopped talking to god because some dude called kramer doesn't trust the oracle he uses.

Got my MS in Electrical and BS in Computer Eng.
Living quite comfortably now.

You gotta fight the urge my guy

Attached: 1486493675585.gif (200x200, 884K)

Speaking from personal experience as a developer, not true. I love my job, love it more and more as time goes on. Don't let your dreams be dreams :)

I just dropped out in the same position. I just don't give one fucking shit anymore. I just want to die now fuck life it's not worth my time.

Attached: 1527129193924.jpg (640x611, 59K)

thank you

I wish I had the balls to just run away and live my life in a place where nobody knows me.

me too user

I went through that. After a shitty co-op and two terms with no classes that interested me I just lost all motivation. I got over it and graduated though. Real life engineering jobs can be a lot more fun than cramming textbooks at university but you've got to get through that first. Also money.

>tfw enjoying computer science in uni
>internship is a shitty web dev code slave job that made me hate life
>"oh well, maybe once i graduate i'll get a better offer"
>like CS so much I got MSc
>all the no-experience-required jobs in my area are password reset boy or web development
>all my friends are either web "coders" or meme lang users so my network isn't worth jack shit
>all the interesting sounding jobs require 5 years prior experience
>tfw I probably have the worst case of impostor syndrome known on this planet which makes me unable to take these kinds of risks
just fucking kill me

Attached: 112498711.png (500x563, 145K)

You know that most job 'requirements' are describing dream candidates, right?
If you think you can do the job, and you have the portfolio to back it up then just apply. It's free and it may even get you in the interview room. Even if you fuck up you will have first-hand experience of more intense interviews which will put you in good stead for the future.

With the imposter syndrome thing you either have it or you don't. The only way to find out is to TRY and find the answer yourself.

Attached: 1472810779306.jpg (284x423, 24K)

TempleOS wouldn't have been the same without Terry's EE and systems engineering degree.

Its not like the alternatives are any better.
Atleast with an engineering degree you can get a job that pays you more than livable wage

Attached: E9pXIk8.jpg (1200x858, 65K)

>implying Terry didn't go to college
He graduated with a degree in Computer Engineering you fucking brainlet.

Uh. Most jobs have those requirements because they are senior roles that require certain things of people that only comes from experience in commercial environments instead of academic or open source circle jerks.

Overqualified academics belong in startups or in academia. In my experience, most of them don't really get the point of their job and usually require as much training as an intern or fresh grad while expecting a huge amount of money.

Engineering is for autists, and you will be treated as such by your Chad business major boss.

What does a Computer/Electrical Engineer do in their daily life? How do I find a job if I never bothered with internships? I am decent at code monkey programming and just graduated with a BS in CpE with an OK GPA (Cum Laude)

I'm not implying anything, you cia nigger monkey
I'm saying that if you have the skill to do it without going to college first, you should do it

Then don't post or quote Terry when doing it, double cia nigger

Speaking from personal experience as a more experienced developer than , it's true. Also, unless you are a semi-brainlet, at some point you will think "even all engineering constraints etc considered I could poop out better technologies than [your base technology here]".

become a consultant, you nublet