Still waiting

For the new NVIDIA graphics cards....

Attached: giphy.gif (500x338, 464K)

Other urls found in this thread:

seekingalpha.com/article/4182662-nvidia-appears-gpu-inventory-problem
reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/8sff2v/nvidia_turing_launch_quadro_siggraph_geforce/
youtube.com/watch?v=rf_3pn7rOfc
pcgamer.com/nvidia-ceo-says-it-will-be-a-long-time-before-next-gen-geforce-gpus/
hardocp.com/news/2018/06/20/nvidia_swamped_extra_inventory
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>implying they won't all be snatched up by miners

>and they said I was dumb for buying gtx 1080 day 1

Attached: 729.gif (340x340, 137K)

Miners are greatly reduced nowadays

I wouldn't buy gpus for mining anymore.
t. someone who had 50 gpu farm

Waiting......

They switched to ASICS machines.

seekingalpha.com/article/4182662-nvidia-appears-gpu-inventory-problem

Because Nvidia doesn't want prices to go down (more supply than demand). And they still have so much gpu in their inventory.

/You're/ waiting? Pfft. Nothing compared to the fags waiting for AMD cards. Those people have become the embodiment of the word "wait". Well, at least they lucked out waiting for Ryzen, for once justwait(tm) wasn't a meme.

reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/8sff2v/nvidia_turing_launch_quadro_siggraph_geforce/

what we know
>this was the first major node shrink in the gpu market in a very long time, 28nm lasted forever
>nvidia has no competition and so probably won't try very hard and will likely stay on the current process node for half a decade at least

all signs point to current pascal cards not really depreciating in value very much unless async compute starts getting pushed hard but since all new games are garbage anyway nowadays it wouldn't matter much

A thread died for this. Patience young one.

>first major node shrink

AMD is shifting to 7nm GPUs and are releasing their new shit to vidya devs to compete with the current Nvidia GPUs in the same market. If it's a similar level of gain, the new AMD GPUs will be pretty much doubled in performance and efficiency (arguable but thats their stated increase).

If so, Nvidia will have to play ball again. Unless AMD thinks their GPUs can be priced to the same level as Nvidia again, hence why no desktop bought their shit last time.

Luckily they were saved by bitcoin miners so hopefully they'll have enough money invested from that to shit on Nvidia for a gen.

I'll stick with my 1070 tho. Next gen will be finicky if there is just a mass die shrinkage, just like the last time.

I hope AMD will deliver.

youtube.com/watch?v=rf_3pn7rOfc

Navi is going to be specifically designed for consoles. It won't compete with nvidia in the high-end discrete graphics market.

Don't buy nvidia if you want freedom.

what do you need a new GPU for honestly?

It's scaleable you moron. Just because a scaled down version will be used for the PS5 doesn't mean it won't do well when scaled up.

Nobody waiting for AMD Graphics cards since 400 series. i am one of AMD owners (CPU only)
We knew AMD GPU division is already died years ago.

It's gonna be awhile until AMD catches up and nVidia has to release cards just powerful enough to surpass them.

It looks like competition is now stifling progress because one of the only two competitors can't keep up, allowing the leader to sit on their ass and rake it in.

>this is the world we've built for ourselves

Attached: 1527084760169.jpg (4288x2848, 1.13M)

My 270x just died, and upgrading to 1080 now feels like waste of money since that gpu is out 2 years ago.

Now im stuck with GTX 560.

Faggots were trying to convince me to wait with my 1080ti purchase back in October/November just before the big price hike.

Glad I'm not listening to anyone's purchasing advice on Jow Forums anymore

Who cares if it came out two years ago? Would you rather spend $450-500 on something that will be great for the next several years, or wait even longer for something over twice the price (hopefully that cheap) that probably* won't be exceptionally better? Idk man. I was going to wait for the 2k/1100 series but j just bought the 1080 and I'm surprised at how good it is.

For real man. If you need it, buy it when you need it, especially with how things have been going.

Last time i did this a few months later, more powerful GPU is appear for a right price (GTX 970). So i better wait even when it takes a long time.
Also i have a lots of older games i havent finished anyway (like Dragon Dogma) so yeah, i can wait.

Read this

>First 1100s were rumored to be release in June
>Then July
>Now August

I'm almost to the point of just giving in and buying a 1080ti during one of the "good" deals that have been showing up lately.

This is the future you choose, faggots.
No competitions on GPU markets. Even 1080ti is have a hard time to play nowadays games at maximum settings with 4k resolution.

Attached: 1436393791500.jpg (1164x720, 58K)

>new NVIDIA graphics cards....
pcgamer.com/nvidia-ceo-says-it-will-be-a-long-time-before-next-gen-geforce-gpus/

Waiting.....

Just get a Titan V. It's unaffected by the mining craze and you can buy it at MSRP

>$3000
No thanks

Just waitâ„¢ for the next AMD card

>tfw delaying build for 11 series
I'm legitimately considering waiting for ddr5 mobos as well

>for the drivers

you'll be waiting a long time, Jensen said so at Computex.

they won't, see
Now that's a pretty interesting article. I'm not that shocked and I do wonder how AMD is doing. GPU prices for both amd and nvidia are, oddly, still quite high locally. would be interesting to know if AMD has the same kind of stock of chips or not. It's quite possible because AMD and NVidia both have an additional problem right now and that is the memory supply. doesn't matter how many chips you have ready if board partners can't pair them with memory.

just wait until the prices go up again, nocoiner

Lol. You know that there are many altcoins including Ethereum that can be mined only with GPUs? Montero forked recently to disable mining it with a new ASIC model.

I can wait, user.

Attached: 1fxif2.jpg (283x414, 23K)

Waiting....

Still a good card, especially if you play older games

_____....

W A I T I N G

won't matter if difficulty rises accordingly. for some coins it will, for some it won't.

>many altcoins including Ethereum that can be mined only with GPUs?
wrong

>Montero forked recently to disable mining
perhaps it's resistant to ASIC mining now, perhaps not. coinsider this: the Big Mistake was to make the miners available for purchase (after privately mining with them for almost half a year, look at the difficulty chart). I think there are quite a few coins that are mined with FPGAs and ASICs without any public offerings or informations (remember, a good FPGA can just be reprogrammed when a coin like Monero changes it's aglo).

hardocp.com/news/2018/06/20/nvidia_swamped_extra_inventory

Haha

I don't like waiting. Enjoying pic related since launch and will because I don't like paying overprice for 10% more performance and wait even further for proper custom cards.

Attached: EVGA GeForce 1080 Ti.jpg (3840x2160, 2.76M)

High RAM prices and GPU prices have proven that "Just waitâ„¢" is an awful idea. If you see a good deal take it. It's better to enjoy a product for a few years, even if it's not perfect, than to wait for years having nothing just because you have the autistic need for the "perfect product," which doesn't and will never exist.