Remember when Apple brought graphical operating systems to every house and made internet available for common...

Remember when Apple brought graphical operating systems to every house and made internet available for common households?

Attached: mouse.jpg (620x427, 31K)

no?

>not aol

I remember Xerox

apple was an ISP?

lol underage

Lol this 26 year old boomer thinks you can't push dsl over a wet noodle

That's a weird way of spelling Windows 95...

Windows 95 did not originally even have tcp/IP you stupid fag

Remember when Apple lost their kernel source for Mac OS 9 and kept hacking on shit tier patches ad infinitum which caused the system to be so unstable that it had a third party app to create and read error logs? Remember when their PowerPC Macs were absolute ovens that would burn a hole through your desk? Remember when Mac OS 9 didn't even have a terminal? Remember when they soldered in the RAM, and then the SSD? Remember when they added some faggy touch bar gimmick to laptops and made their desktop and mobile UIs into a gay pride parade? Remember when they sold 29 dongles with every new machine just so you can connect your new iToy to it? Remember when they paid Indian shills to poo in the Jow Forums catalog?

Boy do I sure remember.

Attached: 6f6.png (853x665, 32K)

It's funny how kids these days actually think that when the 80's existed.
You know Windows was years behind others.

>Remember when Apple lost their kernel source for Mac OS 9
Nope. 9.x was the last of the Classic MacOSs. It wouldn't matter if they "lost" the source, in fact Steve would have loved that.
Did you know that Microsoft once set up a project to refactor Windows to try and get the source under control? It failed (obviously) and so Windows, bandaids and all, stumbles on. Encrusted with decades of legacy patches and kluges, still bleeding from the attempts to "modernize" it, Windows blunders on.

who the fuck didn't buy an addin card though?
modems where the shit

No normal people used Xerox.

lol eurofag

wtf you babling about. Sure if Micro$soft would have their way we would be still calling throught landlines some BBS to shitpost in small circles. But because of Apple we now have TCP/IP and thus internet is available everybody

yes it did, it just wasn't installed by default

No it didn't. Win95 got TCP/IP because apple made internet available to everybody thus micro$oft had to include later it to it's operating system

>Micro$soft would have their way we would be still calling throught landlines some BBS to shitpost in small circles
WTF I love MS now!

>because of Apple we now have TCP/IP
TCP/IP development predates the founding of Apple

Who cares? Apple brought it to the people thus it became actually usable. Nobody cares shit which nobody uses

>Remember when Apple lost their kernel source for Mac OS 9 and kept hacking on shit tier patches ad infinitum which caused the system to be so unstable
So, pretty much what they're still doing?

Attached: 1499771658697.png (1200x1812, 724K)

"well apple made it usable!" is the weakest, most overused argument you people make
it's unquantifiable, and meaningless

>Nobody cares shit which nobody uses
This. Microsoft and IBM cloners brought computing to the masses. Nobody gave a shit about Applel and their 0% market presence.

>internet for all
>meaningless

Attached: skjddsn.jpg (600x325, 36K)

0/10

The company that REALLY brought the Internet to every household.

Attached: 695989930c2fa66d1ed81a12fc860498.jpg (736x762, 71K)

>every household
*in murrica

Attached: Telecom_Xtra_1996.png (382x197, 111K)

most of the time they just took the risk and won the time race, it would come from other company in course of few years

Nope. Micro$oft and IBM/clones were pushing NetBIOS and they had huge userbase. Apple singlehandedly pushed TCP/IP which popularized internet and M$ and IBM had to ditch DOS and actually and adapt graphical enviroment and TCP/IP so we could share meme.jpg which cannot be even viewed with DOS. There were no other competition

they've never been first at anything, they just had a master marketer (jobs) to convince people to finally believe they needed
that's all jobs was good at

>research development predates production development
just wow

godlike

all they did was steal from other companies

That was Commodore's Amiga - your memory is faulty. Friendly reminder to always insist on Samsung B-die.

No, we and everyone I new owned PCs. Didn't see a crapple until like 3rd grade.

Nope, I haven't even heard of Apple until iPhone came. My first os was win95.

No normal people used LisaOS either. Damn system costs as much as a new Jeep did back in the day.

Attached: 2989497a9a30142234083cad681c2ddd.jpg (500x405, 20K)

No form or precursor to the Internet was widely used even in the late 80s dipshit.

I remember my PowerPC 604 ran cool as a cucumber, don't know what you're talking about. But I also remember convincing my dad not to upgrade to Mac OS 9 because my school had it on their fancy new iMacs and it kept crashing constantly. OS 8.6 forever.

Attached: DSC02806.jpg (1024x768, 382K)