Hello Jow Forums

Hello Jow Forums.
I'm about to install a fresh Linux distro for my wife - which is the most aesthetically pleasing and easy to use?

Attached: franz_s_linux_desktop_aesthetic_by_franz32-d9o9rc8.jpg (1191x670, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

neon.kde.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just give her Ubuntu or Debian stable.

With which theme?
Stock looks like ass.

Arc and papirus are good, might need ppa's though

Ubuntu or manjaro with adapta theme

Just install Kubuntu. KDE Plasma is the perfect mixture of pretty and functional without going full deepin

Attached: 090ea1ab91bedab023d852189e47e2f4d475.png (1600x900, 955K)

That being said if you don't mind installing what might potentially spyware but only care about it being pretty and easy to use, go deepin. It sure is that.

go kde but not kubuntu
kubuntu is a steaming broken piece of shit
so might as well use kde neon neon.kde.org
(haven't tried it actually but they claim to have better kde packages than kubuntu so there's that)

Attached: 1503109567263.png (847x864, 13K)

i agree with this user, or go for antergos

I've used neon for 3 months and it crashes weekly and hard crashes once a month. It's NOT a desktop distro, it's a Qt developer distro.

So I read through the comments from the first youtube video that popped up (didn't watch the video cause didn't bother), and it seems to me like more american FUD about chinese software (russian hackers hacking the election am i right), the only evidence of "spying" and "malware" is some statistics company from china that the dude claims is a hacker apparently, how evil it is for a linux browser to bundle chrome because if you're using linux you HAVE to be a freetard, and how bad they are for bundling an older version of google chrome themselves completely forgetting it is a chinese linux distro and they don't have google in their country. And that the whole fiasco was disproven by some reddit comments and the devs commented on it themselves.
Maybe if the western linux community stopped jerking off about stallman shit for just a little while and tried to make their unintuitive user experience even palatable enough before forcing it on oblivious family members who don't know any better, linux desktops might actually be a thing.

windows 7 you faggot no one likes you, you GNU/virgin or your shitty OS

lubuntu

>we just need to start making free software a lot less free, that's all!
jej

>making free software a lot less free
>the mentality of the stallcuck

> most aesthetically pleasing and easy to use?
elementaryOS

I would say kubuntu.
I've installed that too to a friend who asked me to install him linux

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1495131970685.jpg (1600x1200, 335K)

OpenSUSE with KDE.

>this drivel
And other things that literally don't make sense.

I installed Mint with KDE for my mom after her Windows 10 bugged out, she liked it just fine.

I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as GNU, is in fact, Linux/GNU, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Linux plus GNU. GNU is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning Linux system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the Linux system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Linux which is widely used today is often called GNU, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by Linus Torvalds. There really is a GNU, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. GNU is nothing but userland: the programs in the system that allocate the other programs that you run to the machine's resources. The userland is an essential part of an operating system, but useless without a kernel; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. GNU is normally used in combination with the Linux operating system: the whole system is basically Linux with GNU added, or Linux/GNU. All the aptly-named Linux distributions are really distributions of Linux/GNU, unless you're a sensible person that doesn't need to garble out a mouthful of word salad just to feel validated for your contribution to open-source.