Industrial Society and Its Future

>Million of people obsessed to get the newest cellphone and other kind of "technological"(queer) gadgets
>People can't be without be "connected" via wifi

Ted was right?

Attached: 170404151536-hirh-unabomber-psych-test-00011306-full-169.jpg (1600x900, 148K)

Of course he was right but the truth was too inconvenient. That's why they declared him schizophrenic and locked him away forever.
Most humans in Western civilization are too gar gone to survive in a pre-industrial society. There would be mass deaths.

If only he accepted his own homosexuality, he would still be here today.

>That's why they declared him schizophrenic and locked him away forever
I'm pretty sure that was because he was mailing people bombs.

I wish he had just written the letters and essay without bombing anyone, he could've had his own blog , which sounds hypocritical but he could've reached a wider audience in the end without killing anyone

No way! what plot twist.

>Be gay is ok!
>Accept yourself

Uhmmm...and that kind of way of think isn't part of the Industrial Society?

Homosexuality was socially accepted in the most successful civilization 2000 years before the industrial revolution.

>I'm pretty sure that was because he was mailing people bombs.
That doesn't make him schizophrenic.

Attached: 1490709644927.jpg (938x844, 175K)

English isn't your first language huh

Do you really think it matters whether or not someone is schizophrenic after they've mailed bombs to several strangers, killing and maiming them?

It matters a great deal because he would have gotten a chance to speak publicly in court, if it hadn't been for the fraudulent schizophrenia diagnosis
They didn't want that, because deep down most people know society is fucked up

He had some good points, up until "...so I should blow up a bunch of strangers." Technology is fine if you know how to avoid addiction, and if you're doing something fun and useful with it, but I see a lot of people poking away at smartphones doing nothing. They know playing candy crush until they're fucking dreaming about it doesn't make them happy, but they lack the self-respect to stop.

Thanks to God no.

Attached: cdb1515922615ee0cf0d0c4dcec54b32e4186fe6c1237be311d609ab7b0dd40c.png (878x1199, 1.44M)

Unrelated.

Nobody would have cared what he said anyway because they'd think he was just a loon who blew up some people.

To be short and straight to the point (I'm phoneposting while taking a shit, please cut me some slack), from what I've read in the manifesto, he makes valid points about society in general and the impact of large-scale technology on it, but he ultimately directs these criticisms to the tool, and not the user (leftism and globalism, which he however at least mentions), which is the real underlying cause.
He is attacking the wrong enemy. Technology is a tool, it's up to the user to make it good or evil.

>Most humans in Western civilization are too gar gone to survive in a pre-industrial society
Is this supposed to be a bad thing? Who gives a fuck? Those times are over, the skills that were once needed are now obsolete. Just accept the present, stop fantasizing about the past.

You are literally 7 days without electricity away from "these times" you dumb mongoloid fuck. People like you are the kind who panic, cry and then die during natural/social catastrophes. Most of the world is living in these conditions which "are over". Weak sheltered onion boy.

I agree with him on some things and disagree with him on other things. He's a maniac though, anyone who looks up to this dude is a retard.

>You are literally 7 days without electricity away from "these times" you dumb mongoloid fuck. People like you are the kind who panic, cry and then die during natural/social catastrophes.
I don't live in a shithole and I'm not retarded. I'll get by (and have gotten by) fine through a natural disaster.
>Most of the world is living in these conditions which "are over"
Yes, we call them "shitholes."
>Weak sheltered onion boy
Damn, I can't wait for the so¥ meme to die. It's already gone on too long.

>werks on my machine
What I like about you is that your stupidity and snottiness will be the your demise.

You can keep prepping for the fucking end times societal collapse all you want. I'm going to actually live and advance my life. I'm not saying that you should have no way of coping with catastrophes; far from it. But you don't need to go full caveman and live in the woods like Ted.

>literary shitposting

>leftism

Attached: PepeSad.jpg (1337x1289, 238K)

sometimes i go innawoods just to get away from this place. And to eat rabbit

I think about this all the time. I really started thinking about it hard when somebody invited me to her "follower" party. I asked what that was because it sounded creepy, she said she was throwing a party because she broken some number of followers on twitch.

people throwing themselves little parties for sitting in front of a screen for other people sitting in front of screens none of them really together.

we all get our tiny little stages now. we "share" ourselves into this void of nothingness. even here--none of us are together.

how do you leave a prison with no walls user?

Attached: 1529353562363.jpg (640x640, 75K)

>oh no! He posted a valid opinion! Better post frogs!

rightism

ok retard

Attached: JKPTMPqY.jpg (932x932, 73K)

Guy was totally right. Everyone concerned with our future: how we got here, where we're going and what to do about it should read his two books:

"Technological Slavery" and "Anti-Tech Revolution"

Attached: Anti-Tech Revolution.jpg (1500x1620, 613K)

Have you read the manifesto?

It's not a bad idea to learn skills that you would need in case the power goes out for a long period of time and you have to rely on yourself for your survival. Even the most basic shit is better than expecting shit to get better magically. Sure, you shouldn't go full Unabomber, but a bit of inquiry into how to /diy/survival isn't bad at.

>English. Do you speak it motherfucker?

ITT:
FBI/CIA/NSA gathers data on terrorist sympathizers

Attached: file.png (428x799, 65K)

I wonder who could be behind this post...

Attached: obey_apple_fag_by_dubism-d31qaph.jpg (446x628, 55K)

Fuck that. I'd rather die than live like a slave too afraid to express my most basic human right which is freedom of speech and freedom of thought.

If they wan't to spy on me go for it. Anyone else afraid to speak the truth because of some pathetic Jim Comey/Andrew McCabe bureaucracy is a coward or conformist and beneath contempt.

lol. They might as well add MIT and University of Michigan to their list of "terrorist sympathizers" in that case.

is he one of /us/

Attached: IMG_20180620_212811.jpg (1080x751, 132K)

>Anti-tech in a tech board

Really made me think, but he's fucking right

Mr. Kaczynski has a master and a doctoral degree in mathematic.
How many master degrees do you have?

The Ted Pill is the ultimate pill.

fucking rekt

As a first step, take the Moore Pill.

Attached: moorecompaqpres.jpg (403x292, 29K)

A place for discussion about technology isn't necessarily a place to just wank over technology.