Windows 10

Is it just me or is Windows 10 the buggiest most frustrating piece of shit you've ever used? It should still be in beta.

It truly is in a league of its own. Literally worse than Vista. Seriously, what the fuck.

Attached: windows 10.jpg (647x450, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/windows-defender-browser/bkbeeeffjjeopflfhgeknacdieedcoml
youtube.com/watch?v=1-aWQVb1oZ0
youtube.com/watch?v=chyM5z986CM
youtube.com/watch?v=ftRVAbU0C8E
rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/
mpv.io/
github.com/rg3/youtube-dl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just shut up. if u point out the bad stuff the shills are gonna come. not fun. just stick to GNU/linux.
t. linux user

My Windows 10 LTSB doesn't have this problem, just don't install the shit versions senpai.

Attached: 20180619_104735.png (827x965, 239K)

You must live a very sheltered life if the buggiest piece of shit you've ever used is W10.

Yeah it's utter shit, but at the end of the day what can we do? Windows 7 has two more year of support and then what?

I hope people aren't paying for Microsoft products, but we're still stuck with their garbage because there aren't any alternatives for many use cases (muh office, muh games...).

Yeah, it's trash. Use 7 if you need windows. If not, install something else, like Debian.

Ubuntu is more stable than this piece of shit

Top kek

E C H O
H
A
M
B
E C H O
R H
A
M
B
E C H O
R H
A
M
B
E H
R A
M
B
E C H O
R H
A
M
B
E C H O
R H
A
M
B
E H
R A
M
B
E C H O
R H
A
M
B
E C H O
R H
A
M
B
E H
R A
M
B
E C H O
R H
A
M
B
E C H O
R H
A
M
B
E
R your mom gay

works on my machine

Attached: 156102938475.png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

It works for me. You're just retarded.

IE on taskbar... Why?

>IE
user pls

it's edge and because i use it, it's good

Works fine for me nigga

Attached: Screenshot (1).jpg (3840x2160, 1.7M)

>it's good
It is fampai
I luv Microsoft

Attached: Capture.png (1280x760, 118K)

i was really confused at how you have an intergrated gpu on an i9 then realised you've got a laptop lmao

cute

Bloated adware.

Attached: 1525773992967.jpg (395x513, 25K)

I don't know what you're doing wrong. But you're doing it very wrong.

Install Gentoo.

Attached: d3117cd944ee7f683346ff849a1ec212.jpg (1600x831, 176K)

ltsb 2018 when?

>Is it just me
no

ha yeah the new dell xps 15. overall its a pretty nice laptop. i can push the i9 cpu at 100% with no thermal throttling which is amazing. if i put both cpu and gpu under max load it starts to thermal throttle but doesnt impact games much as they stay above 60fps so that is all that matters really. i dont game on this though, it is just a laptop for some work on the go not gaming. overall i am very impressed dell managed to get a 6 core i9 into such a thin 15" laptop and it can actually hit its 4.8ghz boost speed while not going over 85c. screen is lovely too.

It's shit for a number of reasons (botnet and UI, for instance), but bugs aren't high on the list, user.

>*start menu is an app*
>*everything is an app*
>pajeet wrote bootloader in C#

Dell in general has some of the best screens around.

Pretty much every major update (every 6 months now) something breaks or some settings get reverted.
Maybe you don't care or those settings don't affect you, but it's a known fact. The previous update reverted the "fast startup" setting, which can wreck your file system if you're not careful.

>updating to a major version on the day of
sweetie, we don't do that
even if you're on pro you should be using the following settings at minimum

Attached: hm.png (837x241, 16K)

This. I'm not about to apologize on behalf of MS for any of this bullshit (including having to re-disable all the telemetry shit after every update). But at a minimum you shouldn't be lubing up and bending over for the next time they come around to fuck you...

>It truly is in a league of its own. Literally worse than Vista.
You have to be 18 to post on Jow Forums. You evidently do not remember Vista.

I can't even delete a fucking folder with fucking MINECRAFT in it. I hate this piece of shit. I just said fuck it I'm not even using this to play games anymore

???

Vista was not that bad, computers just weren't fast enough to handle it in 2007.
Windows 10 is a truly abhorrent OS. Every time i decide "it couldn't have been that bad" and use it again it somehow bugs out with the stupidest shit. Like, a $750 billion company created this, it's their main consumer product, yet it's about as polished as the average pajeet store app and contains even more ads.

Vista was that bad. If the excuse is comps couldn't handle that shit back then, you could apply the same right now as SSDs are a requirement to use windows 10 and most people don't have one.

Windows 10 works fine on a hard drive. My secondary desktop has it installed on a 500gb hard disk from 2013 and it's not slow.

I've had virtually no problems with pajeet 10 and the couple that I had got fixed with newer builds.

Attached: 1527134748457.jpg (700x664, 57K)

I just moved back to 7 and realized there isn't a SINGLE reason to use Windows 10, it doesn't have a single worthwhile feature over 7, in fact it takes things away from you

Attached: 7.jpg (497x431, 56K)

From my experience.

Less buggy than Windows Vista (once you account for all the driver issues that are as much on the hardware manufacturers as Microsoft). About as buggy as Windows 7, but with tangibly better functionality. Slightly more buggy than Windows XP, but all good things must come to an end (and XP lived on WAY past its end). Far far far less buggy than Windows 98. And Windows ME? I won't bother to complete

It's low-grade terrifying how impossible it is to prevent Windows 10 from running an update, but honestly you should have an SSD by now and if you do the updates are not intrusive in any way and you probably should have seen this "continuous integration" thing coming.

Is it 7200? Have a laptop and it's fine on a 7200 but on a 5400 it's literally unusable trash.

What is the point of the last code? If anyone was trying to make a point about Java, they could have made a point about any number of things but instead they chose to make a point about something that nobody ever does. What is the use case for:
if(String.valueOf(condition).equals("true"))
return true;
else
return false;

Seems like a strawman argument against Java.

It's not an attack on java, it's a meme where each consecutive iteration is more unnecessarily verbose.

retard

I get it now. Thanks. I have a little autism.

char[] trueValue = {
't', 'r', 'u','e'
};
return String.valueOf(condition).equals(""+trueValue[0] + trueValue[1]+trueValue[2]+trueValue[3]) ? true : false;

For people who will look at this and laugh Edge is the fastest browser in most benchmarks and real-world tests, most secure (at least until they made a security extension for chrome might be equal now), has a clean and functioning UI (muting a tab in Edge vs Chrome is light-years better), is light on system resources, and for me doesn't drop any frames when watching youtube videos which I can't get Chrome to do.

You jinxed me.

Attached: lmfao.png (1920x1012, 334K)

Source on being more secure than chrome or firefox quantum? And its built into the OS, of course it will utilize resources better but it lacks a ton compared to firefox or it's derivitives.
Use mpv + youtube-dl to stream media, it's so much better than your browser.

Upgrade to Linux

how retarded can people be? is windows 10 that hard? been using since it came out. Zero fucking problems.

The antishill W10 threads are getting old now. You people need new strategies.

It has built-in integration with windows defender (which is now a very good anti-malware solution).

They released an extension for Chrome, but not for FF it probably stills works worse than Edge.

chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/windows-defender-browser/bkbeeeffjjeopflfhgeknacdieedcoml

win10 is a horrible but what did you expect from the code monkeys at micro$oft anyways
just install GNU Linux lmao
t. on arch rn

And I really don't want to download youtube videos. I've done in the past, but no thanks. But I also doesn't want to drop frames when watching a 60fps gaming video or something.

>t. pajeet

This doesnt prove it' s more secure than chrome or firefox. Right now you're just stating your opinion.

Streaming is not the same as downloading. And you won't drop frames if you dont in your browser, probably even using higher quality settings. You should try to understand something more before dismissing it.

>This doesnt prove it' s more secure than chrome or firefox. Right now you're just stating your opinion.

youtube.com/watch?v=1-aWQVb1oZ0

youtube.com/watch?v=chyM5z986CM

youtube.com/watch?v=ftRVAbU0C8E

There you go you vapid cunt.

>Streaming is not the same as downloading. And you won't drop frames if you dont in your browser, probably even using higher quality settings. You should try to understand something more before dismissing it.

rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/

>youtube-dl is a command-line program to download videos from YouTube.com and a few more sites. It requires the Python interpreter (2.6, 2.7, or 3.2+),

mpv.io/

>a free, open source, and cross-platform media player

Honestly go fuck yourself. How about you educate yourself first?

I'm done using any python utilities. I literally have 7 different versions of python already installed and managing them is so fucking annoying.

You're actually retarded lel

DirectX 12. I would list more but it's enough to invalidate what you said.

DX12 lost the battle to vulkan, nothing uses it

Downloading a file and replaying it in real-time while playing it and deleting that file is not "streaming."

If this was "streaming" it wouldn't be using a media player.

And nor would it ever outperform youtube in a browser which is literally a video streaming website even if it were true.

Nobody wants to use your shitty python programs to watch a youtube video.

Just stop, you have no idea what you're talking about. You dont even understand how youtube-dl interacts with mpv. Like what the fuck are you even doing?

gee, i sure want to play all these great microsoft studios games

>github.com/rg3/youtube-dl

Ctrl-f stream

># Stream the video being downloaded to stdout
$ youtube-dl -o - BaW_jenozKc
># Stream the video being downloaded to std out
>video being downloaded
>downloaded

why do you even need speeds above 2.4 GHz if you don't game?

This is bait right? By all means keep "pretending" to be a retard.

Fix your goddamn piece of shit spyware and maybe we'll stop making the same threads all over again, Microshill.

A bold assertion isn't an argument. I've already refuted your representation based arguments. Give me something else.

>This is bait right? By all means keep "pretending" to be a retard.

No, I think you're a retard expecting people to use your shitty python extension and acting so holier than thou over it.

First off, it's not even practical.

Second off, everything on its website points to it being used to download videos.

And there are no youtube videos of anyone even using youtube-dl to stream videos.

So I'll ask you does it or does it not create a temporary file when streaming?

You think you're smart because you know your shit, niche python trash program, but you aren't.

You also literally didn't respond to the cybersecurity shit.

Modern browsers are not very efficient

Holy shit kys
Btw its stored in cache you absolute retard. No temp files created. It's called streaming. But youtube-dl can download files on its own too.

Attached: yikes.jpg (1440x1033, 247K)

>Btw its stored in cache you absolute retard. No temp files created. It's called streaming. But youtube-dl can download files on its own too.

Then it's not streaming. Last-time I checked youtube and twitch do not create TEMP files on my PC. Thank you very much.

Autismo, its not downloading a permanent file when streaming with mpv+youtube-dl. It caches the file in RAM. And its better than the actual site because you can set your own cache limit. When you use youtube-dl alone and not with mpv then it will download the file. Fucking summer

>only compares edge and chrome
And any smart person would use ubo and maybe umatrix which would block most of that stuff. Especially when blocking scripts be default, which I do.

>Autismo, its not downloading a permanent file when streaming with mpv+youtube-dl. It caches the file in RAM.

Does youtube do this? Yes or no?

And how the fuck is this considered streaming lmfao.

>>only compares edge and chrome
That's because Chrome is more secure than firefox...

> And any smart person would use ubo and maybe umatrix which would block most of that stuff.

And using extensions doesn't test the browser's native security which you're welcome to test yourself. Use Edge and Chrome security extensions.

Does it still get outclassed? Most likely yes.

>does youtube do this?
Yes you absolute imbecile. You know on the seekbar where its red and then darker gray and then lighter gray? That dark gray is whats been cached how you are able to seek faster in those areas. Because its already loaded in RAM. I don't even think you're trolling and actually are this retarded.

Comparison showing chrome is more secure then newest quantum?

>Yes you absolute imbecile.
No, it does not. The browser does you fucking dumbass which can be turned off.

This does not work without caching. It is not streaming.

>this can be turned off
Cool, but now you're moving the goalpost. Your browser and youtube caches by default. If you can change settings in your browser than I can change the settings in mpv to not cache too.

>this is not streaming
You cant change the definition of streaming faggot

I can't find a comparison, but I highly doubt Quantum is more secure than Chrome.

Well you're opinion means jack shit.

>Is it just me
yes, just you. it has just werked on every machine I have ever used with it. maybe computers just aren’t for you bud

I can't find a single well written explanation of how/where to get LTSB legitimately as a single user. So enlighten me please.

Need that DX12 sexiness but fuck everything about forced updates.

>It truly is in a league of its own. Literally worse than Vista.
I also hate W10. Could you give reasons? Instead of just spewing vitriol?
I don't like W10 because I have to run a script to disable spyware every time. 10 years ago this shit was called spyware and was totally unacceptable. Now spyware is everywhere.