Repeal obongo's net neutrality

>repeal obongo's net neutrality
>john oliver, reddit, and google shills on Jow Forums flip their shit

>ban memes
>*crickets chirp*

(((hmm)))

Attached: 1529493022430.jpg (1113x1433, 465K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pepe-frog-cartoonist-sues-infowars-copyright-infringement-over-posters-n854476
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube#Content_ID
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

THEY CAN TAKE OUR FREEDOMS BUT THEY CAN NEVER TAKE OUR MEMES

Attached: 1502064072876.jpg (1000x728, 56K)

praise KEK !

Because FUCK yurocucks

Can someone explain this law to me? Why is everyone so afraid that it 'could ban memes'?

It's a law designed by copyright people to ban memes (and piracy). The EU will use it to gain remote access to all servers in europe.

Why is the EU so boring?

I think the EU wants to create a filter that would prevent copyrighted material to be uploaded to the internet. That filter would essentially be an algorithm that would block anything that it perceives as possibly copyrighted content and since memes are often derived from copyrighted sources people think this means Maymay Armageddon. I for one think normie-tier memes would be the most affected and a new age of OC would be the result of such a law.

>he doesn't know of manlytears
If we get a bunch of manlytears copyrighting each and every OC they see EU is fuckt

>pepes will actually become rare

As god awful as the DCMA is it's actually protecting all burgers FROM THIS. There's "safe harbor" protections that guarantee the people who run a website CANNOT be held liable for user content. The shittiest law USA's got is still an order of magnitude better than this weird euro garbage.

> ban memes
> *crickets chirp*
There were daily discussions about this. Unsurprisingly, the copyright lobby won again, regardless.

Maybe burgers aren't so upset/surprised here because they already got DMCA?

Also, burger companies' lobbyists were were the primary force behind getting business and software patents acknowledged in the USA and semi-acknowledged elsewhere.
And for copyright going from a deal where a nation's people protect copyright to get the protected works some times later [within their life] to some not-really-deal with ever-expanding copyright durations that will never give anyone access to what their grandparents protected. Basically, we're now all doing it for free against our own interests, with increasing pressure to get it all enforced.

The copyright lobby knows how to lobby governments and is fucking everyone hard. And I guess we got accustomed to that?

Article 11 gives online publications same copyright protections as to musicians/artists/performers, i.e. the right to authorise or prohibit reproduction in whole or in part.
This becomes a problem if a part of the article, for example the title, is present in a link to the article.

Article 13 requires websites that host user-uploaded content to 'take measures' to ensure the rights of copyright holders aren't infringed, specifically mentioning automated content filters as a solution. I think we all know how well those works.

In addition one of the motivations behind the directive is supposedly unifying the copyright system within the EU, but the proposal gives member countries the possibility of implementing exceptions to the terms in the directive completely defeating the point of a unified system.

>There's "safe harbor" protections that guarantee the people who run a website CANNOT be held liable for user content.
Same as the EU law bullshit passed now, the conditions depend on the website operators cooperating with the copyright lobby in pre-defined ways.

You can also pain the EU law as "safe harbor". Hurr durr website operators cannot be held liable in the EU if they only run anti infringement algorithms and cooperate otherwise, it's a "safe harbor", too.

I don't see how without a copyright holder of a meme getting them to add it to the banned file database. Plus this would only be applicable to normie image memes as most Jow Forums memes are text based.

Attached: 1488224603318.jpg (785x757, 199K)

>t. I have no idea what's going on
Europe still has NN and GDPR, US has nothing.
Article 13 is a copyright law, nothing to do with public domain memes.

>public domain memes
memes aren't public domain
nbcnews.com/news/us-news/pepe-frog-cartoonist-sues-infowars-copyright-infringement-over-posters-n854476

Some could be

memes are shit anyways. I'm for this.

>tfw not euro

Attached: 1515387818485.jpg (640x640, 65K)

Era of GPL memes is upon us!
Praise Stallman!

Nobody is allowed steal content on Youtube so why should it allowed anywhere else?

>oh no now people won't be able to lazily paste top and bottom text over content created by others and instead have to come up with their own content
>oh no now people might not be able to legally spam sadfrog and depressed white face guy anymore

>nu-Jow Forums actually thinks more OC would be bad

Attached: waste.jpg (780x960, 66K)

The EUROPEAN MEME DATABASE

stop supporting authoritarianism you cuck

since when pepe(badly drawn sad pepe, not the happy one from comic strip) and wojak are copyrighted?

what's wrong with giving content creators control over who does and who doesn't get to modify and redistribute their work?
>muh information wants to be freeee
get the fuck out commie

>free information
>commie
i think you don't know what a commie is

How do you ban memes
Who will stop me uploading a meme here

>giving ((((((content creators)))))) more power
>ever

websites would have to implement an algorithm that scans every upload for copyright protected content before publishing it on the website.
youtube has this already
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube#Content_ID

>tfw you'll soon need a jewish lawyer to be able to post memes

is the merchant meme at least public domain?

Attached: cjfjoifuuaeca8i2.jpg (501x504, 63K)

good

reddit has the market cornered on that shit, Jow Forums is a shadow of it's former self. I'm completely fine with stupid faggots using image macros getting banned from the internet

not that any of this is enforceable in any rational way

Violating copyright violates NAP retard

It's because Europeans are cucked by the state (EU) and think Big Brother can do no wrong, they think this is a good idea because they're incapable of critical thought, the EU has been using methods to pacify it's population into supporting programs such as the Kalergi Plan

Is it really shocking there's no outrage?

this is actually good. big sites like facebook will have to enforce this shit, while small sites like mine can do whatever, since nobody cares...

I'm for this. Thank you EU.

One was removing regulation, the other is increasing regulation.

The fuck are you idiots talking about? NN has never been about copyright, you're unironically parroting bots. Companies are already taking advantage, promoting their own streaming service and slowing Netflix. All the isps merged with content at this point so they all have in-house stuff to push. Your neighborhood determines what shows you'll be watching.

> Is it really shocking there's no outrage?
AFAIK, maybe half the most active users are from the USA. That's the main reason why half the outrage is missing?

The USA had the DMCA for like 10 years now, and also has business method and software patents, Mickey Mouse copyright extension acts [already in the process of getting repeated again] and generally obeys the intellectual property lobby.

EU smugness is kill.
Wish I was born in a rich American family.

>small sites like mine
What's your website, user?

Attached: Moemura_2.png (683x385, 276K)

can't you be against both since both are pretty shit ?

Attached: kim.jpg (649x611, 38K)

you promise not to ddos it? or send bots trying to get backend access??

copyright is a law and fake bullshit created by government. stop larping as an ancap neoliberal retard

>and generally obeys the intellectual property lobby.
That's because our government is bought and paid for, lobbying for corporations/corporate representative groups really needs to be quelled

(cont'd)
PS: There were daily threads with calls for action on here before the law was passed.

It just didn't work. Being outraged ex post won't do much.

>quit your bitching
Fuck off shill

>you don't own what you make
>y-y-you're the statist!! i'm not a commie!!!

>I own something that doesn't physically exist
>And I can enforce it too without the government
>I-I promise!!!!!
>You're the commie

what will happen to this??? pic related

they will have to delete 99% of their shitty meems

Attached: Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 17.44.15.png (1030x252, 33K)

> That's because our government is bought and paid for
Well, that part at least is the same problem in the EU.

Intellectual property expansion lobbyists sitting in expert commissions and lobbying/sitting in parliament(s - that is, not only the EU parliament but also national ones) with no counter-balance.

Also other lobbyists of course.

This shit should stop, but it'll be really hard to make it happen.

can apu seek asylum ?

Attached: pep.png (800x640, 218K)

>quit your bitching
Fuck off yourself. I never said that, nor did I imply it.

>their memes
>their
>9 fucking gag

This is how WW3 will start.
If we 3rd worlders lose piracy we won't have entertainment-> makes us upset ->war.

its their, they host it, they monetise it, and according to this EU law they will be responsible for copyright infrigement.. I'm just wondering why retards upload there for free?

>lose piracy
>implying modern movies/tv series are even worth piracing

Ironically this.

>This post is licensed under CC-BY-SA 4.0 International.

>what's wrong with giving content creators control
Who do you think *owns* the content? Hello.

Attached: 1529086895491.jpg (507x640, 680K)

Not my problem, fuck Europe. I hope they get banned from all American sites, which is basically the entire internet that's worth visiting.

what if they ban anime? my little heart can't take the loneliness.

The only thing good about it

never watched any of it... so I can't empathise.

Seriously man, if you had no piracy, you'd have more time to be productive. Then you could afford purchasing quality content...

It's a blessing in disguise. Piracy will turn you communist.

>SJW infested media and games
>Internet broken
>no privacy and white genocide
>no more "enternainment" to flee reality
yupp, I already can see veterans from decades of strategy, 1st person shooter, tower defence bringing their expirience to the real world, because there is nothing else to do and it's a hella lot of fun to kill niggers and commies.

they already have enough control over what they make public or not. don't want it to be redistribuated? then don't share it.
t. lolberg

>being outraged ex post won't do that
>that
>not quit bitching
Fuck off shill

>small sites like mine can do whatever, since nobody cares...
I'll start posting copyrighted shit on your website and then reporting you to europen authorities
Lets see how long your website will last

>I'll start posting copyrighted shit on your website and then reporting you to European authorities

I'll disable auto-publishing and review everything myself lol

Much of the content I've created myself, and its a bit fucked up when someon can get an image from your website through google search without visiting your website too.

Luckily EU handled this too.. This shit just hurts facebook, and similar sites where normies post for free, creating free content

>This shit just hurts facebook, and similar sites where normies post for free, creating free content
You mean like Jow Forums?

there probably be an .onion chan site that will flourish if this shit fails..

>when you decide to floor european country with 3rd worlder because you're confident white man are weak and vrunerable

>completly ignore that since the birth of computer games white man are quite comfortable in killing endless masses of enemies and kind of fashion and tactics

lol, this will be fun

son, you don't get it, niggers and 3rd worlders will have unspent aggression not the white men. It will be genocide of white men.
White working men can afford games and netflix. eastern europe, refugees and niggers can't.
Just you wait how crime will be on the rise next 10 years. What EU gets now is children pranks.

But you just posted an image you don't have any rights over.

If the left can't meme, no one gets to meme

RISE UP

>hot headed, uneducated, aggressive and probably diseased maximum pigmented foreigners

>vs.

>emotionaly disconnected, cold blooded, educated and well versed in war tactics killers (gamers)

who'll win? I wonder...

again here is a thing you do not understand, contrary to popular believe - everyone is a gamer now, not to mention very small percentage of people has capability to learn from games
there was that paper about learning a few years back, only a few people can learn by simply reading "manual", wast majority must try things before understanding something

poor,uneducated, angry gamers vs doctors,lawyers and office clerks who are not angry or want to fight
example mongols vs china:
~150k mongol army vs hundred million, at a time already, china we know how that ended.

Literally nothing happened, nice fearmongering amerimutts. Thanks for nothing.

Attached: 1528048785276.jpg (938x477, 69K)

>learn from games
lol, it's already their second nature. instinct if you will. even without "knowing" they easyly choose the most efficient way to deal with their enemy. not even mentioning genetics forged in countless european wars. if there is one race I wouldn't want to mess with, it's the white race no matter who "cucked" they seem on the surface.

>ban piracy
>filter everything

Hmm i dont recall this being a huge success in china. It will filter out retards from using the real internet so im all for it.

Attached: bitrock.png (235x215, 6K)

the only nation that sucks at war is arabs
everyone else have pretty good idea how to fight.

God Save the Meme

niggers can't even eat without support from white people

Based EU. I can start charging for my rare Pepe's now.

>I'll disable auto-publishing and review everything myself lol
While this may work on small blogs or networks, the cost of manually reviewing and monitoring the content posted on any big ot trying-to-grow networks is gonna be enourmous, and only big bois like google and facebook could really afford it, and their systems are already shit

Article 13 and 11 dont even mention Fair Use, they are not a good solution to this problem

love you to mate

Who did you vote for?

Attached: internet_on_pilalla.jpg (1680x1304, 146K)

Difference is Americans hate there own government. Euros can't get enough of it. You shouldve listened when Americans warned about GPDR.

>copyright law
>cant use selfdrawn memes

literally what ?

left/green, always.

>the legislation still has to through a plenary vote with the entire parlament
>bUT nUFfIn HapPNEd

Attached: 1526078534530.gif (500x493, 631K)

Oh gee whiz user. It's almost like American popular culture doesn't care about europoors. You are so smart and cool for noticing that.

it's always the right wing Christians who want to control and destroy. always.
Why is that? Is it inherent to Christian culture?

>user, you have choice. Do you want brain cancer in the left hemisphere or the right hemisphere of your brain?

>OC shows us
>can't repost it ever
>it's gone
brilliant

>shills
Seriously, why would anybody but actual shills defend net neutrality repeal? Literally benefits nobody but a few big corps.
(rhetoric question)

Attached: 38707213a1eecd43294caff0643654f5.jpg (1000x1156, 266K)

I did not say that either. I said , nothing less or more, and it was a response to an accusation nobody talked about it.

It's not a call to "quit your bitching", no. Fuck off with your interpretations.

more like
>the proposal was literally just accepted not even close to being law yet
>BuT NUThinG HaS haPPEneD YET¿¿¿¿

Now that ISPs are more profitable, investors will be more willing to enter the market. It's also one less regulation to follow which is good for new businesses.