/spg/

Mi max 3 edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier
you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.
Good resources:
Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com
Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com
Post a mini-review of your phone
Discuss upcoming and current models
Ask for help related to phones
Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>previous thread

Attached: gsmarena_001.jpg (350x467, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/lg-extends-warranty-to-30-months-for-those-affected-by-bootloop-issue/
bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&st=virgin mobile android phones
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Pixel 1
>Started with Google Fi
>Try to get sprint
>"Your phone's IMEI is already registered with us, please login"

kill me, just thinking about going full-on neckbeard shut-in and going copperhead OS, but I really don't want to deal with all the carrier bullshit that comes with it.

For Pixel secuirty, and trying to avoid google having a "advertising profile" on me, should I stave away from Google Fi and try to get on another carrier? Don't have a gmail account or use chrome

Should I buy the Oppo Find X when it comes out? I know all the pros and cons, but what I need to know is this: will it get me pussy?

>Don't have a gmail account or use chrome
Why buy a Pixel then??

Attached: 1489288251440.jpg (1080x1080, 204K)

Alright /spg/ i need some help.
My Moto G1's battery is kicking the bucket and i'm in for a new phone. I was looking around, and noticed, that 5,5" is the current norm, which is just annoyingly huge for my taste. >inb4 handlet

Quick rundown on specs i'd need.
Priority 1:
-usable in germany
-removable battery
-height of the phone should be around 130mm (~5.2 inches for you americans) and up to 140mm at max. I've checked the sony xperia compact series, but saw, that the battery is non-removable, and the amazon-reviews (if they're trustable) aren't that great either, but it felt great and the perfect size.
-An alrightish camera. (Moto G5 plus seemed to do the trick, also with a removable battery, but it's slightly above the monetary threshold, which is max. 200€). It would be great, if lowlight shots could be at least a moderate step up to the G1's camera.
- 3.5 mm headphone jack is a must.

Priority 2:
-already equipped gorilla glass or any other reliable screen protection. My current moto g gen1 still has not a single scratch. It would be a letdown, if the new phone can not keep up with it.
- micro sd-expansion
- more ram than the G1. I'm tired of apps and webpages reloading, due to a bit of multitasking.

I'm up for any suggestions, feel free to recommend anything, directly available in germany and not from aliexpress, gearbest or any other chink-site.

what can i get for 250-300 dollarydoos? i still use my old lumia 520.

sleekest design, good camera, possible to copperhead in future

Try and gather up some more money and get the Moto G5 plus, don't think you are going to find a better choice.

Oh and by the way, removable batteries aren't a thing anymore.

Looking for a new phone

USA/tmobile
Currently using galaxy S8+ so similar size or larger would be good.
Features: removable battery, good camera, 3.5mm jack, sleek design

New to Android from Apple, looking for tips.

What is your favourite app and why, Jow Forums?

Faceberg of course

>Lenovo literally KEKing Moto G6 and Moto E5 and future devices by pushing out only one major upgrade for them and the Moto E5 very likely no major updates at all

Whelp time to finally cave in and give in to buying a Chinese BOTNET phone somewhere later down the road later this year

newpipe, klwp, nova launcher, retroarch are what you want
anyone know if there's any way to get fm radio working on an exynos s9?

V20 still a good buy today? I wanna upgrade from a moto g4 and the LG seems like it offers best bang for buck.

I own it, it's great. great battery life, great camera, quick.

>anyone know if there's any way to get it radio working on exynos s9?
Yeah, chuck that shit in a toilet and get a better phone

Copperhead is a feature people forget about

>V20 still a good buy today?
Sure, if you want a colorful paperweight.
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/lg-extends-warranty-to-30-months-for-those-affected-by-bootloop-issue/

I don't think that's a good idea
What music player do you use lads? Using samsung music but the font is triggering me, can you change it?

Attached: Screenshot_20180620-203418_Samsung Music.jpg (1440x2960, 857K)

Jesus Christ...

Any thoughts on the motorola z2 force vs the xperia xz1? Or any other suggestions for non-chinese phones with snapdragon 835/845 for $500 or less?

Essential Phone

pardon?

Just a healthy reaction to what you're listening to.

2d4u

Attached: Screenshot_20180620-205730_Phonograph.jpg (1440x2960, 1.23M)

Is there a way to install the Xperia keyboard on a Xiaomi?
Are there alternatives to Gboard that mixes Arabic words into English sentences instead of fucking the entire sentence up?

I think someone called me trying to scam me, please let me know if you think it might be a scam or just a wrong number?

Some older sounding woman called me and right away told me that the call was being "traced" (I assume to make me afraid?) and proceeded to tell me that her phone was stolen and that she was now calling from her husband's phone to "her" number (actually my phone number that I've had for years). She went on to explain that she had gotten the phone after getting out of jail, and that she knew who stole her phone ("crackheads" as she called them) but didn't want to get the police involved, since I think one of the "crackheads" is her daughter. I kept explaining to her that I've had this number for a long time and that it was pretty much impossible for a "store" as she called it, to give her my number. She was pretty adamant that it was her phone and phone number that I currently have and she said she didn't want to cause me trouble, and offered to buy me the newest phone if I gave "her" phone back. I kept telling her to call her phone company and report her phone missing, but she didn't seem to care about that. I ended up telling her to call the police and her phone company and hung up.

Right after the call I called my phone company and they said no one has tried to access my account and that they didn't see anything suspicious going on. I also called the police and reported that number as suspicious, and to get whatever the fuck it's going on, on record.

I used to work for Verizon wireless customer service, and I've never heard of this problem before, nor have I seen anything regarding this type of possible scam. And to add further, I'm fairly certain cell companies buy up large blocks of phone numbers to give to their customers, so why would another phone company give her my number?

What do you guys think, scam or just some senile lady?

Which one do i choose? Any xiaomi shit, or wait for blackberry keytwo?

If it happens more than once it's a scam, but from what you described it would seem she was senile or intoxicated

what's with xiaomi and huge bezels lately?

>scam or just some senile lady?
I would keep in touch with the carrier and demand a new phone number if they suspect any malice could be likely.

Yeah the cop told me to report it if they try to contact me again. I honestly don't see their angle unless they want me to show up somewhere so they can rob me. I guess it's possible it's a social engineering con and they were trying to get info out of me.

That's probably what I'll do if it keeps up, thanks

Huh, never heard of it till today. Definitely gonna have to put it on my list. Thanks user

RIP in peace

my v10 just died. i wouldn't trust LG anymore

This phone is $200 if I activate it with Verizon. Is it possible to buy it for $200 and throw away the sim card and just use it with another carrier? Is it as simple as it sounds?

Attached: sgfsdgf.png (1062x636, 325K)

my phone died this wee, so a really need a new one soon. here's my priorities
1. long battery life
2. microSD or 128GB memory
3. durable
4. decent usa-support(ie the company will fix it painlessly if it breaks)
5. able to pickup international frequencies
6. audio quality

I can pay whatever, but i don't care too much about gucci-features to want to. what phones should I be looking at?

Attached: puchis are standing by.webm (640x360, 46K)

Keyone was fucking garbage... but at least its not chinese garbage

Galaxy S8 or S9 if you can find it for a decent price

Just got back to android after ditching it for BBOS10 in the Jelly Bean era.

What's a good office suite that opens OpenOffice formats and doesn't look like fucking garbage filled with ads?

Attached: 1521678260425.jpg (311x317, 11K)

Oh and isn't google docs. Fucking hell why does everything in 2018 needs to be connected to some kind of server.

are the galaxy lines durable? i remember a friend breaking a s4 easily so i'm a bit concerned

they're water and dust resistant now, you should use a case though since it has a glass back

Please, I need a phone desu

I'll probably get bashed, but WPS Office works well, or you can download the MS Word app

Sorry, but you're going to have to drop the removeable battery, no one does that anymore

>that pic
is that supposed to be the mi max 3?
because that looks exactly like the lg g6

Okay then suggestions without that

OP6, if you don't mind a decent camera, just not outstanding
Essential Phone if you're not autistic and don't screech about the widow's peak
Mi Mix 2 of you don't care about the 3.5mm jack
Sorry bruv, but you're going to have to give something up to get what you want, it's called scarcity champ

Or the LG V30

how good is oneplus with servicing?

My friend's S8 shattered the entire screen first time it fell, but he didn't have a case, only one of those tempered glass "protectors". If you get a solid case I doubt you'd be facing the same scenario, the phone is otherwise really nice.

What do you mean servicing? If you mean taking it to get looked by a tech, you better put that baby to bed because if you don't buy a phone through T-Mobile they won't service it
Better get gudd or not be an idiot and fuck your phone up, get a case and a screen protector
You can get the V30 through T-Mo if you're really worried about getting it serviced, then again if you root and flash a non stock ROM they won't even help you, so if that's what you want to do, again, get guud

What's the point of it not having a notch? The usual argument about it making the notification bar useless doesn't apply because you would still have a ton of room in it.

after 7 years of Android I'm so fucking sick of no updates bugs and instability
name me one reason not to just switch to iPhone already

>after 7 years of Android I'm so fucking sick of no updates bugs and instability
It's your fault for buying unsupported devices or devices with locked bootloaders.

Yeah if I bought a Nexus I would get 2 instead of 1 year support hooray

Would reading comics and books on a ~6" screen be a big strain on the eyes?

My Nexus 7 (2013) is starting to show it's age, and I'm due a new phone - would like to combine them since I don't do anything else on the tablet but read.

From the looks of it Xiaomi simply took the current redmi note design and scaled it up just like they did with the first Max. It could also be they didn't want it to look more "premium" than the Mi8.

>Would reading comics and books on a ~6" screen be a big strain on the eyes?
Nah your eyes will be okay, but it would become annoying after a while.

Need some help here, aonns:

Using a Moto G5 Plus and for some reason the phone's power button will only do certain functions, but not others.
>can wake phone
>can take screenshot with power + vol down
>can't put phone to sleep once awake
>can't access power options by holding down

The fact that I can do the first two things indicates that it's not a broken power button, so what the hell could be the problem?

Attached: 1519282585172.gif (130x150, 83K)

Should note that I was able to do all of these things a day ago.

redmeme note 5 ai + pajeet os

So are the US telecoms able to stop service to Huawei/Honor devices?

I just bought an Honor View 10, am I fucked?

Is the newest moto g any good? My old moto x is starting to die and its low storage size is kind of a pain. I like everything else about the phone.

G5 Plus has a non-removable battery, only the regular G5 has a removable battery.

What's wrong with the S8+?

I have a ZTE device, they don't know what you're phone is if all you get from them is a SIM

Anyone got a zte Nubia z18 mini? Its a galaxy s8 from China looks really speak but can't find anywhere to buy.

Attached: download.jpg (274x184, 5K)

What's a good phone that works on CDMA? Any of the chink phones?

>Any of the chink phones?
Mi Mix 2 / 2S work on Verizon, but that's pretty much it. Ofc there's Motorola phones too, if you consider them chinkphones (which they are).

What's your budget? And are you on Sprint or Verizon, or one of the MVNOs?

Razer is $700 in leaf right now... Good screen, front facing speakers... Is this my only option?

>have op3
>really want my next phone to be a multimedia one
>watch videos, music and shitpost all day

>Want to new shiny phone but current moto g4 won't give me a single reason to change it
Only camera sucks but I don't use it that much anyway

Is a USB c adapter for wired headphones that big of a problem?

Attached: Screenshot_20180609-022153__01.jpg (1080x596, 150K)

Its gotta work on virigin, budget is cheap but still wanna get a good phone, 200 bucks maybe?

If we lived in a good world where people make smart decisions, I would be saying HTC right now. But we don't, so I'm gonna have to say go for the razer.

It lowers the life expectancy of the port and with phones being slabs of glass and adhesive nowadays makes one more point of failure a more critical issue. All that's assuming you're planning on holding onto your phone for 5 years though. That being said I miss my lg g2. bought it 2013 and the fucker lasted till early this year. had lineage os on it and repair was EzPz it was also the perfect size and not a phablet. Phones are fucking trash now.

I'm big on productivity so
>Business Calender 2
>BlueMail
>TickTick
>AccuWeather (I'm sure there are better options though)

Media-wise
>Podcast Addict (best I've tried for customization - and I've tried them all except paid ones)
>Audio Manager (used for hiding files discretely)
>Clover (via f droid)
>Gallery (f droid)

Attached: Screenshot_20180409-095329_01.jpg (1080x646, 108K)

I don't get your statement. Are you implying an HTC would be a better multimedia device > razer?
Or in a hypothetical world, HTC > Razer?

Fair.
My first smartphone was the Nexus and it was goat - went for a few years before bootloop.
Then next was the 5x which was bad so sold it and got an OP3 which now is smooth as butter and I'm still on a locked ROM.
Planning on getting LineageOS when things start to slow down but no issues since launch.

Leaked mi max 3 image yes

Good choices man I fell for the Sony meme and now have a phone that literally has no custom ROMs (xa2) had a 3t awhile back but sold it cause I'm a handlet and wanted a one handed use phone. Oneplus 3 has a really good design though and battery swap/repair is cheap. I would stick with it for as long as you can amigo. Only issue I would see is the stock ROM that's only if you care about your privacies.

Notches trigger my autism

Damn, I'm glad I went with the smaller Note 5 after my OG Mi Max slipped out of my hands and shattered. Almost 7" with a 18:9 ratio is way too fucking big and probably too uncomfortable to hold. The 6,4" 16:9 Mi Max was great, though, one of the best phones I ever owned.

That's the US Virgin Mobile, correct? If I'm reading correctly they've become an iPhone-exclusive carrier meaning the only phones they sell, and the only phones you can bring to their network is iPhones. With your budget I'd be looking at the iPhone SE.

when will the meme end.

why did they ruin a good thing?

Attached: mimax3bump.png (81x83, 12K)

Nah, you can still activate androids you just can't buy them through them.

Is the z5 compact worth $160 new, or is it too old?

Only iPhones are eligible for the "bring your own device" program. But I guess you can still buy one of these android phones:
bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&st=virgin mobile android phones

Why stay on Virgin anyway if you don't want iPhone?

I'm just lamenting how shit HTC's new phones have become. They used to be the bees knees when it came to multimedia shitposting.

Im with Verizon and about to upgrade my from from the basic Samsung J3 to something latest. Problem is, I hate the bezels of s8 and s9. Alternatives?

Essential Phone
LG V30

how big is it

Just a word of advice, ive heard that the razer is real hard to use outdoors because of the sunlight.

Google it you moron, you're on a phone aren't you?

No. Im on based desktop. I looked it up. Thats nearly an inch bigger than my current phone, which is a good thing. It looks spiffy.

For now, I need an economic phone since my company is going to buy me a second phone in a month. But I need something a little inbetween until then.

>An actual boomer told me she didn't know that there were smartphones that weren't hundreds of dollars like the Samsungs and iPhone.

The essential can be had for cheap

Faggots who bicker over smartphones are the most pathetic people on this entire website. They are all the fucking same looking, bloatware loaded, planned obscelescence, 24/7 spying and data collection devices.

Anyone seriously posting in this thread should just kill themselves.

Where did you find the essential for cheap? Lowest ive found it for is about $450