“Our plan for the Naples-Rome-Milan roadmap was based on assumptions around Intel’s roadmap and our estimation of...

>“Our plan for the Naples-Rome-Milan roadmap was based on assumptions around Intel’s roadmap and our estimation of what would we do if we were Intel,”
>And then, we come to find out that they can’t do what we thought they might be able to. And so, we have an incredible opportunity. Rome was designed to compete favorably with “Ice Lake” Xeons, but it is not going to be competing against that chip.

OUT
FUCKING
SKILLED

INTEL ON LIFE SUPPORT, AMD'S PLANNING ON STRANGLING THEM NEXT WITH 48 CORES, HIGHER IPC AND HIGHER CLOCKS, BRIAN IS LITERALLY FOAMING.

MEANWHILE INTEL'S STILL STUCK ON SKYSHIT UNTIL LATE 2020, LMAO

Attached: amd-epyc-naples-inside.jpg (3840x2160, 585K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ozcEel1rNKM
cpubenchmark.net/market_share.html
youtube.com/watch?v=jhvjTMABBQ0&feature=youtu.be&t=176
blog.cloudflare.com/arm-takes-wing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Brian "We're trying to stop AMD from reaching 20% DC marketshare, OKAY!?" Krzanich.

And people thought Zen would be a flop. People thought Keller didn't mean anything.
The foreseeable future is now AMD unopposed while intel barely remains relevant.

AYYYMD LITERALLY 10 STEPS AHEAD
HOW WILL THE MOST JUST AMERICAN COMPANY EVER RECOVER

At first i was sceptical but i was only watching the scene for a year when zen launched. God MCM is a game changer.

>"what would we do if we were Intel,”
>"we come to find out that they can’t do what we thought they might be"
>AMD better at being Intel then Intel
MY FUCKING SIDES AHAHAAAAAHHHAHAHAGHAHGHHAHHAHHAHAHHHAAAHHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHDHHGGAHAHAHH

Kek, Intel's server roadmap is probably cemented until 2022 with Sapphire Rapids, 2020 is Icelake-SP and that will be going against 64 core Milan that has a new uarch and is using EUV, what the fuck is Intel gonna do?

inb4 EMIB and they find out they actually can't glue together 2 XCC dies without having 1.3GHz all core turbos

thank you
based sue

Lean on their "warm" OEM relationships to lock AMD out of markets?

It's not working now when they actually have a EPYC competitor, it's certainly not gonna work next year when they're raped.

2019 is going to be ugly for Intel

Problem:

A lot of Intel-loving OEMs are already dipping their toes into AMD waters.

Cisco and Asus are debuting AMD based Blade systems. Cisco's Citrix system has been a HUGE boon for Intel since it's launch, and now they stand to lose a BIG market share there.
Ryzen Server platforms are going to be hitting the market soon from OEMs like Tyan.
Supermicro is beginning to offer more and more configurations in AMD and Intel
Fucking QNAP, a NAS company, is even picking up AMD

Intel had a shot at the RISC market with their stuff, but they lost it big time to Cavium.

Now, they're going to have to lean on their accelerators (FPGAs, Xeon Phi, etc), Networking, and continuing hold on the Laptop market-share to keep going.

BUY AMD STOCK BUY AMD CPU BUY AMD GPU WE NOW

Attached: 1528338518466.jpg (1002x1480, 826K)

Laptops are a big problem, there are no real premium AMD based laptops that i can see, most of them cut corners in build quality, battery life, and even the damn single channel memory.

Even the vaunted AMD based thinkpads are - if they are anything like their previous generation, the poorest quality models in the line.

holy shit, that’s savage

Actually there's plenty of upcoming premium laptops with Ryzen processors.

AMD will have to wait for 7nm APUs to get some laptop market, thankfully they can rape server and desktops in the meantime.
By that time they'll have enough money to start twisting OEMs arms and set some standards for laptops.

Intel has a shiton chips, and that’s great for the laptop market, which has devices of many sizes and different TDP requirements.

Intel has 5W, 15W, 25W and 45W CPUs, while AMD has just a 15W-25W one. I would love to see a 45W Raven Ridge with Vega 11 with high speed dual channel memory in a 15 inch laptop, that would destroy those i7’s with Iris Pro graphics.

>“Ice Lake” Xeons

more like easy bake lake amirite?

2800H is a 45W Raven.

But I don't care for your fucking gayman laptops.

>AyyMD management being so incompetent that they fucked up their estimations about Intel
>It worked out in the end
Intelaviv is fucked, kek

BASED AMD

Incel btfo with no recovery

>AMD: We expect something great from Intel
>Intel: Hold my beer

They can't even do what their competitor expects them to do, holy shit, Zen2 and Rome were probably designed around early 2016, when 10nm issues were only starting to show up.

Intel's foundry issues go back further. Cannonlake was originally set to release in 2015, it was officially delayed then. We've known about trouble with their fabs for about 4 years at 10nm. Even the launch of 14nm with the CoreM parts was a sign of things to come back in 2014.

Right now AMD has the bases loaded and intel has no players on the field. They're in the dugout, talking about Women's NBA. Not even the right game.

Intel doesn't consider AMD competition, AMD market cap = 15B, Intel = 200B, they're dirt beaneath their feet, they're insects flying around them, they're nothing more than bugs Intel can squash in seconds if they wanted to,

Man, these bugs sure are making a joke out of their flailing stock and dumbass CEO.
Money won't fix your shit fabs Intel, those guys you layed off a while ago could have fixed them though!

That's not even close to being true, you moron. Nobody pays attention to the WNBA.

says increasingly nervous kike for the 6 millionth time this year

lol

Lmao amd shills this desperate
Intel will launch 5ghz 28c xeon
>mean while ayymd stuck on haswell level ipc
The xeon will molest this Module amd housefire

Intel seems to be doing everything possible to hand over their entire high margin market sectors (server and HEDT) to AMD. Let's see them keep their market cap when xenon sales nosedive.

Take it easy, user. Intel might be struggling right now, but they aren't going to die on us just yet.

Put a "reentry vehicle capable" sticker on it for maximum effect.

>5ghz 28c xeon
Can you recommend a chiller for cooling it? I'm in a western country, so I can't use the setup Intel had at Computex.

They are all worse compared to intel counterparts
>hp model something something
>same model as intel but with apu
>single channel ram
>worse Display
>other retarded shit
>cost the same as intel
I wonder who could be behind this gimping of amd products from oems

Attached: low_quality.jpg (600x600, 16K)

Attached: 1498741561751.png (882x758, 316K)

Attached: 1385773187169.png (457x450, 162K)

Attached: 1517594176645.jpg (1100x1002, 540K)

for anyone who has not seen it yet

youtube.com/watch?v=ozcEel1rNKM

Attached: smugcomfymuskemote.png (500x500, 290K)

SOPA DELICIA

Attached: 1502143993622.jpg (444x444, 81K)

STOP POSTING THIS

Xilinx is ahead in every aspect in fpgas, from features, silicon to libraries and design software( vivado >>>> quartus any day)
Xeon phi is kill.
They have nothing to lean on. Even xilinx's fpgas are going to get 7nm from either gf or tsmc while intel will struggle to push 10nm even for their cpus.

>J-just wait guise.

Attached: 1521197746633.jpg (626x657, 81K)

The latest HP Envy x360 laptops actually have dual channel memory for both the AMD and Intel options. It also is the only AMD laptop I am aware of that has a 4K display option. This is the only ADM laptop I can think of that is not gimped when compared to its Intel counterpart. Its so obvious that Intel is pressuring OEMs to gimp their AMD offering.

Attached: 1511299116721.jpg (320x320, 17K)

This is so fucking funny.

>one Laptop against thousands of intels
>tells me to fuck outta here
user are you suffering from asperger?

Sorry. I was just randomly picking a reaction image I had on hand. I actually agree with you that the current AMD laptop offering suck. Hopefully that will change in the near future.

Attached: 1509253183821.gif (355x225, 1.5M)

Where's the source?

> 2800H
didn’t know about those. If the Vega20 rumor is true, this thing will be a fucking beast.

I was just messing with u fag
I dont think it will get any better for AMD in the mobile market in the near future
>normal people still refuse to buy amd even after they pretty much raped intel
But i hope that it will get better, because i want a capable gpu without paying extra

Do normies even buy laptops based on what brand of CPU they come with? I don't think most people even know who AMD or Intel are, much less have an opinion between the two. I could be wrong though.

A lot of ormies know that a Nvidia or AMD sticker means they can play their vidya

Yes they do, thats why you see a intel powered sticker even on an atom, celeron abomination
Thats also why nvidia got the so called "mindshare"
No matter if amd brought out a superior product, all the ones that dont inform themselfs much, still got an nvidia

Attached: 1447161347847.jpg (1846x1923, 607K)

>wasted my youth shilling for intel

Attached: 1504378512111.jpg (633x758, 36K)

How did Intel get where it is now if they're hitting a wall like this so hard? Alien tech? Jew magic? Both?

too many shekels from good goys

B. R. I. B. E

Attached: 1525572045069.png (633x900, 112K)

They sat on there ass too long that there hitting this wall.
They got too used to just making refinements instead of a architectural changes since there was no competition and they did this since sandy bridge and they did this for 7+ years, now there tapped out on how much they can gain from refinements and now need a wholly new architecture which takes time

you need to update this. Nintendo is with Nvidia right now

Not only do they need a whole new architecture but a new fab process too. That is what is really going to bite them in the ass. Both of those are fairly serious undertakings on their own. Having to do both at once is incredibly difficult. Having to do both of those in a compress time frame is fucking stupid hard to pull off.

I'm sure they will eventually pull it off eventually. They will probably have lost the majority of the market share to AMD by then.

Attached: 1518208296339.jpg (639x479, 45K)

The ryzen version they released came with a 6-bit panel.

Fuck hp

I don't think so. I remember buying my first laptop for school, I got the AMD one since Phenom sounded cooler than Core 2.

I want to culturally enrich this britsh police officer

>stock image
>no link

Uh, yeah...
Nice one rajesh.
Come back when you actually can run productive software without burning down your office space.

>office space
He can't even afford Intel hardware.
You expect him to be in a office and not in a shack next to a goat farm?

>They will probably have lost the majority of the market share to AMD by then.
I doubt it. AMD's market share has only improved by a few percent since ryzen launched a year ago. Even if AMD starts gaining market share at a crazy pace the way Intel did back in the core 2 duo days, it would still take a few years for them to catch up.

See: cpubenchmark.net/market_share.html

when intel did this back then amd was competitive sharing the same specs

but now an OEM will have a really hard time to explain how they will lock amd out considering that its outclassing intel on every single spec

Damn that was some spicy bantz.

I knew exactly how that was going to play out, and I still wasn't disappointed

Intel
C U C K E D T O D E A T H

>“Our plan for the Naples-Rome-Milan roadmap was based on assumptions around Intel’s roadmap and our estimation of what would we do if we were Intel,”
>And then, we come to find out that they can’t do what we thought they might be able to
NONONONO, BWAHAHAAHAH!!

talk to me when AMD has their chip on one single decent laptop

>sharing the same specs
jesus, you really weren't around for that, were you?

intel didn't have a leg to stand on for YEARS. everybody, and I mean EVERYBODY on the ground was recommending AMD to everyone.
...everyone except the OEMS.

intel was blown the fuck out so hard they spent billions (in total) keeping OEMS from shifting to AMD, and it WORKED. there was even one company (I think it was HP) that AMD offered a million FREE CPUs but HP said they couldn't afford to accept them. (hundreds of millions a month in kickbacks from intel would disappear)

it was a really shitty time for the PC industry and intel is entirely the reason why.

soon
youtube.com/watch?v=jhvjTMABBQ0&feature=youtu.be&t=176

2020 7nm mainstream and 3nm after that in 202x is gonna be hilarious

>1200 watt draw on average
>2400 watt spikes
>on an external 1700 watt external sub-ambient refrigeration cooling setup
>is outperformed by a 250 watt part with a silent air cooler

Attached: file-e36a44c4e66803a440.jpg (640x480, 63K)

New without memeing, how well will that 28c Intel perform at stock speeds?

The marketing is how you know Intel is shitting the bed. When you go and in b2b powerpoints use "glued together cores" etc. as an argument you've fucking lost it. Also, the 5GHz incident and many more.

Why didn't I stock up when I foresaw this? I'll never get the lambo money.

Apparently they're going to try to release nervana in 2019. It's a shot in the dark if those kinds of chips become a big deal, but if they do intel is best positioned to own that market.

>48 CORES
>yfw 64 core Rome

Prolly similar to Xeon 8176 Platinum or whatever they rebranded for the presentation

You again?

Yes and it was a poor choice. At least they sold like hotcakes and probably got them for dirt cheap.

>>Zen was designed against a best case scenario from Intel
>Intlel is barreling down the worst case scenario at light speed
Krzanich is gonna be publicly executed for the enjoyment of the shareholders in a few years

Attached: the end.png (1079x666, 1.07M)

J U S T

>now there tapped out on how much they can gain from refinements and now need a wholly new architecture which takes time
They also fired senior engineers and validation teams in favor of marketing MBAs and diversity officers, not to mention other senior staff they lost to other tech companies, so they also have to do everything you mentioned with greenhorns and burnouts.

Attached: told you.png (1920x1080, 2.67M)

even ARM has become a good competitor against Intel:
blog.cloudflare.com/arm-takes-wing/

yes goy, of course they do!

Attached: marketing.png (1076x969, 107K)

The normie consumer PC market is dead as shit. Only the enthusiast, business, and gaming markets remain. Intel is becoming radioactive in all due to constant performance downgrades due to bugs, and the last six years of performance increases that didn't even keep up with worker wages, nevermind Moore's law.

AMD has a shot like they've never had before.

I'm gonna fucking buy 32 core threadripper

Attached: Lisa Su.jpg (757x627, 109K)

what are you gonna use it for?

Not him but shitposting

handbrake

Attached: 1528923979040.jpg (499x499, 97K)

amd athlons after the k7 had similiar specs but with better price user
and it was usually in front but not that much to justify anything

that doesnt change the fact of what intel did nor am i shilling for anyone

however this time around isnt the same at all
epyc offers a reduction of cost so great that they cant refuse
not even dell which they said some months ago that they didnt had any plant for ryzen based systems yet they did release..

and this isnt the best part of that demo user

the gas they used to cool it down its banned on both usa and europe
they couldnt demo that cpu on their homeland even if they wanted to

>intel will go under in your lifetime

Attached: DFoJtE9VwAAkw-Z.jpg (600x600, 40K)