I'm programming as hobbyist for 1.5 years now, and I'm bored

I'm programming as hobbyist for 1.5 years now, and I'm bored.
I feel like I have done everything, I have lost my determination in programming, it's just not fun anymore.
When I discovered programming, it was so fun to discover a new thing everyday.
How to gain motivation ?

Attached: Stallman.png (264x338, 136K)

Try new jobs/careers

Euler project in different languages

make one of these

Attached: 1421881919254.webm (480x532, 2.23M)

Everyday we stray further from God...

Don't blame you. I don't see how anyone can just throw their lives away staring at computer screens all day programming algorithms.

learn Haskell.

Now come to the realization that everything you know or think you know, is wrong. Start figuring out the real questions to ask and learn to do the things you think you can already do well, bigger, better, and more advanced. Learn the internals of your operating system and language runtime. Try other languages and technologies and understand where they are useful and where they aren't. Contribute to open source projects, there is plenty of work to go around.

See you in 5 years.

Also, learn devops, networking, databases, and all the other important things that aren't just programming.

Oh and then get a job making 6 figures and learn 10x more in a week than you can in a month by yourself.

>I feel like I have done everything, I have lost my determination in programming, it's just not fun anymore.
thats because you never really knew what you were doing. you just like memes you fucking brainlet

I'm guessing you've never done anything actually challenging, just small toy projects.
To get motivation, first find a problem. Maybe something you haven't seen before, or maybe something that exists but doesn't work quite right. Then make a solution. You need to be working for an end goal, not just to program. Also checkout the Jow Forums programming challenges.

Who's the blonde qt who jumps in from the bottom of the frame

Nani

Hello reddet.

Attached: 1525902446183.png (392x278, 138K)

>implying programming shit like a 'loliclock' isn't a massive waste of time, and faggots who spend time like that shouldn't be taken out back and shot in the face
shiggy diggy

I have an idea then. Why don't you try to make your own handheld video game console and a game for it? It can be retro style, and requires a plethora of skills, especially low-level programming and electrical engineering. Hardware interrupts and registers are fucking awesome.

you probably own
>programming socks

>checkout the Jow Forums programming challenges.

The Jow Forums programming challenges are a meme. I won't learn anything from... let's say... implementing Fizzbuzz.

What we really need is a Jow Forums approved list of software projects that need volunteer help, or that Jow Forums thinks need changes - of course separated into different levels of required experience - so we can feel like we're actually accomplishing something.

Don't do it if you don't enjoy it / wanna make a career out of it.
I recommend trying out some interesting language like Lisp or Haskell too

By just doing it

>I have an idea then. Why don't you try to make your own handheld video game console and a game for it? It can be retro style, and requires a plethora of skills, especially low-level programming and electrical engineering. Hardware interrupts and registers are fucking awesome.

I've actually done that faggot. It wasn't some fucking meme "retro game" but it was a game that was actually used in one of those "escape room" concepts that are popping up in urban areas, game state received input from a number of different digital inputs attached to the board running the game software maintaining the state, all on top of the kernel i wrote for the board itself. I'm not impressed you know what interrupts and registers are.

Let's be honest, the the actual process of contributing to open source projects is a fucking nightmare. Open source projects come in three formats: software made by a single overprotective guy who sometimes accepts bug fixes from strangers, software projects made by a group of four or five overprotective guys who sometimes accept bug fixes from strangers if they sign in blood and pledge their allegiance to the thousand other guys who write minor bug-fixes for them, and projects which are abandoned.

It's better to reinvent the wheel and have more freedom and flexibility doing so. And it'll honestly look better on your resume because the hirer sure as hell isn't going to sift through the changelogs to determine what contributions are yours.

No? There are plenty of projects that love it when randos submit pull requests. You've obviously never even forked a repository on GitHub.

For one year and half? I don't think you've done everything yet. Try:

>OpenGL graphics
>meme learning+data sci
>web development
>blockchain wallet APIs or shit coins
>Network programming for black and gray hats
>Some juicy Bash Scripting to make things more practical
>metaprogramming (lisps)
>game dev

These are just some ideas which are among my interests. I've been programming for two years and I've barely scratched the surface, having only covered (usefully) the back end part of web development and the front end minus javascript.

Attached: 1484707311198.webm (1276x1048, 2.9M)

>1.5 years
>thinks he knows it all

can't believe this thread has 25 replies without a single one ridiculing you

write patches to KDE and stop it from krashing einstein.

Not that guy but maybe you have some sort of emotional/psychological issue judging by your response.

Try web dev desu it's art that people use and programming is minimal

Contribute to GNU and become immortal.

this.
1.5 years is nothing.I doubt you did anything remotely complex or even fully know the language you're using.

I can't believe you just posted in this thread without reading a single fucking response.

it's like why even waste the effort posting when someone is just going to come in, scroll to the bottom and post their comment without reading shit or having any intention of replying back

>programming for 1.5 years
>I feel like I have done everything
lol OP you haven't done shit. You would be lucky in 1 or 2 years to become an expert on a single technology or domain. And anyway you haven't seen shit yet until you've worked on an enterprise system.

Please, we all know you can't code for shit

Attached: 1525450547346.png (569x802, 814K)

make your own coin with special gimmick

Attached: 1529477788709.jpg (480x337, 91K)