Can someone explain gysnc to a complete idiot?

Can someone explain gysnc to a complete idiot?

>have 144hz gsync enabled monitor
>have GTX 1080
>turn on gsync
>start game
>turn off vsync
>game stutters like shit

like am I missing a step?

Attached: is-g-sync-worth-it-header-x.jpg (800x400, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

monitorinsider.com/displayport/dp_pin20_controversy.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Gsync only works with AMD graphics cards.
Not Nvidia

make sure it's enabled for both windowed and fullscreen in your control panel. Make sure the panel hz is actually at 144, they are variable and will have buttons to change it.
If you've done all this and you're still having problems you probably fucked up on something

Then I guess I fucked up something because both of those are true. I'm not sure what I did though, it's a new monitor and I've not really changed any settings

Some games don't take gsync well

It is a complete idiot and waste of burgerbux. Change the refresh rate at Display properties

>Change the refresh rate at Display properties

To what? Can I not use gsync at 144hz?

Turn both gsync and vsync on in the nvidia control panel, but make sure vsync is turned off inside of games.

G-Sync is only supported over DisplayPort.

Is your framerate higher than 48 but lower than 144? Also some games don't work well, Source games like CS:GO shit themselves when using Xsync.

Didn't know I had to turn on vsync in control panel, thanks.

Would be nice if Nvidia would enable freesync

Does it work that way? I wonder because I have Gsync but it doesn't work in PUBG. So I can safely turn it on with Gsync enabled and there will be Gsync?

You're supposed to turn vsync on in the control panel if you have gsync unless you want your framerate to exceed 144.
Gsync turns off if you get 144 or more FPS, so if you have vsync turned on it will keep your framerate locked to your monitor's max refresh rate, but if your FPS dips below 144 it will turn off and gsync will take over again.

>tfw taxes take 20% of my paycheck

Attached: help.png (255x250, 89K)

>but if your FPS dips below 144 it will turn off and gsync will take over again
I've seen some input lag tests that recommend to lock framerate in games to 1 or 2 frames lower thanmax refresh rate, so g-sync is always active.

Did you install your monitor drivers?

Gsync monitors actually require drivers, im not joking

>goy sync

Gamers rise up.

>I bought into the goy-sync meme
There. Found your problem.

Maybe you guys can help me.
So, I have Nvidia 970 and PG279Q display, and now I need 3m cable for proper cable management.
Stock 1.8m works fine, but every single 3m cable I got doesn't work. Two cables just don't display any signal, and one cable is not built to specs (20th pin issue) monitorinsider.com/displayport/dp_pin20_controversy.html
Where can I find good cable that's going to work with my setup?

No, it's exactly what goy-sink does

>Gsync only works with AMD graphics cards.
>Not Nvidia
This^

How is your new monitor connected to your Nvidia © Geforce ® GTX 1080 ? You must be using Display Port 1.4 for G-Sync™ to function properly.

its only for 60hz

the latest 398.18 drivers are fucked even the pre hotfix ones dont work, they've been bad since 389.xx

>t. Rajesh

Did you turn gsync on in the monitor itself?

try to turn it off and on again

>Nvidia
>GSync
Pick one idiot, Gsync only works on AMD

>years ago
>watch Linus video, where he hypes the fuck out of G-Sync
>"you can't see the difference on video, but trust me its sooo goood dude"
>be gullible fuck and buy expensive as fuck ASUS 144hz G-Sync monitor
>can't really tell any difference
>monitor dies 1 month after warrenty expires, because ASUS apparently overclocked it to reach 144hz, and fucked the lifespan

Attached: 1491584056858.jpg (753x724, 121K)

>buy 144 hz goysync monitor
>buy expensive top of the line nvidia gpu for 200 gorillion fps spikes for .4 sconds
>ha-hah! Cap fps to 70 and enable gsync for optimum performance with reduced image quality
Just...

>I enjoy screen tearing

These 2 posts are true.

Bullshit. My G-Sync monitor is detected as a standard monitor by Windows and requires no additional drivers.

But then again you can run CS:GO on a 1050 at 200 fps so it doesn't even matter

>can't really tell any difference
Did you see screen tearing before using G-Sync?

Had the same experience but with freesync.
Literally couldn't tell the difference when playing something.
Only could see a slight difference with the windmill demo.