/sqt/ - stupid questions thread

Ask your questions here.

Please first check the Jow Forums wiki for related keywords, and/ or search for an answer using one of the following privacy-respecting search engines (or any other such like them):

searx.neocities.org/
startpage.com/
ddg.gg/lite

Jow Forums wiki:
wiki.installgentoo.com/
Jow Forums sticky: →

Redirect questions that don't deserve their own thread with Previous thread: →

Attached: Nipple.jpg (4000x2667, 767K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ark.intel.com/products/49491/Intel-Atom-Processor-N455-512K-Cache-1_66-GHz
trademe.co.nz/electronics-photography/tvs/cables-aerials/listing-1672317659.htm?rsqid=eb850fbe12d747e094e5357e2e4e23cd
fast.com/en/
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/add-store-to-windows-10-enterprise-ltsc-ltsb.70741/
pcpartpicker.com/product/tTdqqs/gigabyte-wireless-network-card-gcwb867di
amazon.com/HP-ProLiant-DL380-G7-2-80GHz/dp/B011NTZEZM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1529569617&sr=1-1&keywords=HP ProLiant DL380 G7 2U SFF 2x HC X5660 2.80GHz 2x300GB 10K SAS 48GB
outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does anyone know how to use one of these? I connect the red, yellow and white cords from my PS3 and then plugged in into a VGA port on a monitor but I get no signal

Attached: SVGA.jpg (800x600, 45K)

Didn't find anything in the archive, how do I "save page as" a Jow Forums thread in firefox and have it open normally? The css works for less than a second and then dies, I'm guessing it's related to the fiasco from last december but the fixes since then don't seem to affect saved pages.

Because it doesn't work that way, you need a converter not an adapter.

Is a 1.66ghz Atom N455 enough to run Pihole?

ark.intel.com/products/49491/Intel-Atom-Processor-N455-512K-Cache-1_66-GHz

Really? I guess I'm an idiot

trademe.co.nz/electronics-photography/tvs/cables-aerials/listing-1672317659.htm?rsqid=eb850fbe12d747e094e5357e2e4e23cd
Would something like this work?

Other than 860 EVO what other good SSDs are around, they will be used in office machines.

my internet speed was slow and went to xfinity live chat. she wants to send out a tech to fix my modem? and thinks I should have 250 down speed? is she trying to play me?

Attached: frfr.png (1920x1080, 212K)

Run this benchmark:
fast.com/en/

How do I take a screenshot in vr?

Device?
Steam has a Screenshot button you can bind to your HTC Vive controls.

Samsung hmd odyssey

860 is good. Crucial mx500 is a good cheap option. Id go with the evo if possible. Crucial will still work great if money is important. Does it have to be sata? I assume no m2 if office machines

Can I replace a tablet's battery with 2 phone batteries?
All work woth 3.7 V so it should work

Lacks M2 port, its a Thinkcentre M93p (Multiple actually but the others use cheap SSDs(ADATA SU650 and SP S55) because the data stored on them is not important at all).

How different is reliability and durability between the 2? this is the main concern, important stuff will be stored so reliability is important as fuck, otherwise i wouldn't bother in getting a high end SATA SSD.

I installed windows 10 ltsb, how i can install windows "apps" without the store?

Samsung is #1 in every rating

>is it a good thing or a bad thing if youre currently employed while doing interviews for new jobs?

>i can see how it would seem pretty jackassy to apply for jobs while employed but i can also see it maybe looking good.

Always keep your options open. You should have a list of head hunters emailing you constantly. Be open to moving, and help the head hunters, by saying you will contact people you know that may be interested in the jobs they are seeking even if you are not interested in them.

Asking again. I need to convert AV/Composite from a PS3 to VGA or DVI. Anyone know how?

can i just install mpd on my media server or do i have to do it on every client?

You go back to 7 or 8.1 w/classic shell like a proper windowsfag.

I want to upgrade my mom's laptop to an SSD without reinstalling the OS and all of her software. What is a good imaging / cloning software to do that?

You install the store.
forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/add-store-to-windows-10-enterprise-ltsc-ltsb.70741/

Clonezilla for paranoid tier cloning.

I have my router hooked up to a modem that all my housemates use and I can still see my neighbor's chromecasts and shit from youtube. How can I set up my router so I don't see this shit?

Hey Jow Forumsuys, so I got an HP Z400 workstation for free. I'm trying to liven it up a little. I bought a WD Blue SSD, then I took a clone of the existing hard drive utilizing Macrium Reflect. I followed all of the steps in the YouTube video, and am unable to get the system to boot with the freshly cloned SSS.
Can anyone see where I'm going wrong? Could this pc not be compatible with SSD's or something because it's quite old?
I'm thinking maybe bios related?
Or can workstation pcs not use consumer WD Blue drives? Pic related is the drive it came with.
I really hope I can get this thing booting properly from the SSD. I changed boot order in bios also. In addition to removing the HDD and reconnecting the ssd to the sata plug that the HDD was using as well.

Attached: 20180620_234102.jpg (2048x1536, 864K)

I never saw something like this. I don't know if that needs a converter. Try other to connect others things, just to check is not your monitor

I have the same issue. They open up okay in Microsoft Edge at least.

Did you change you video output settings on the ps3?

i can't delete this file
i tried opening a command window there and deleting the file that way, but it didn't work

what do Jow Forums?

Attached: helpme.png (1505x755, 933K)

Is there any free and open source image editing Android app in existence? Just one where you can draw, add text, and paste other images on top of each other.

Can you boot from the HDD and see the SSD?
Might need to update the bios too.

Kinda a workaround but if all else fails you could try moving everything off the drive to someplace safe, then formatting it and moving everything back.

Noobs below me

your mom lol

Attached: serveimage-1.png (420x420, 34K)

Try doing it is safe mode.
Try taking ownership of the file.
Try ending explorer.exe with task manager then running the delete command again. Might need to run explorer.exe if it doesn't automatically.

If everything fail you may liveboot in some Linux distro and delet the file

is the safest way to use discord by running it sandboxed in linux with a throwaway email?

Boot into Linux and delete it.
File ownership is retarded as fuck.

Just dont run it

Based

& Redpilled

Is it hard to get a simple level IT job with just the ComptTia A+ cert?

My WiFi outputs in both 2.4Ghz N WiFi and 5Ghz AC WiFi

My phone can connect to the 5Ghz WiFi but my computer's network card/adaptor/whatever is very old and can only connect to the 2.4Ghz one.

What am I missing out on with my computer?

Saw some people complaining the PCI network card I bought doesn't support WoL on Windows 10, but if I can wake from a full shutdown with WoL using the BIOS setting then shouldn't I also be able to do so when the system is asleep? Or will the motherboard ignore the magic packet if it knows the system is sleeping hence why driver support is needed?

How to fix 100% disk usage on windows 10?

Attached: 1516082692888.png (180x170, 51K)

Internship maybe

bandwidth

Possibly faster speeds depending on conditions.

Try it and see. The driver needs to tell the motherboard to listen to the card while the system is in sleep.

What task is doing all the activity?

Can anyone learn to sing well or is it impossible for me?

Well I ran a speedtest(.net) on my phone and my computer and the difference is apparently night and day.

30Mbps on the PC and 76Mbps on the phone. How much is a modern network adapter going to cost me

~$50-75

Don't see anything on f-droid.

No.
What monitor are you trying to use?

Thanks, not so bad at all

Get a PCI (inisde the case) and not a usb

pcpartpicker.com/product/tTdqqs/gigabyte-wireless-network-card-gcwb867di

Yeah, my current network card is attached within my PC case. Its a thin little card that's anchored to the very back of the case, with three antennae poking out of the exterior of the case's back side.

Thanks. I had a look at my router's settings for the 5Ghz WiFi and it seems that 802.11a/n/ac capacity is what I'm looking for (which the card you linked has I think). Is that right?

I don't know, its just happen so suddenly like when i browsing with mozilla/chrome the disk usage suddenly goes 100% with 0 MB/s on all tasks.

Anyone know where the option to highlight threads you're watching in Jow Forums x is? Apparently it's a thing but for the life of me I can't find it in the options.

It has "?" in filename...
You can't do nothing in windows. Only linux.
Won't work

It's a classic prank:
>Boot ubuntu livecd on your brother's pc, locate his desktop directory and create directory named "Shemales: big dicks". It'll be visible in windows but nothing can be done.

Free version of LayerPaint. Prolly not foss at all but fuck your ideological weltschmertz.

You have to stop the antivirus from running, it will by default run nonstop because it will scan the antivirus history and keep going over and over again.

Add your windows defender folder to ignore and your nvidia/amd driver folder to it too.

Then it will only scan when it feels like it not 24/7, which is still often.

I'm college-age now and I've been using the internet since I was like 8. So much personal information has been left out there by me until I wised up a few years back. But I know you deleting an account or whatever doesn't remove me from a database with data first scraped 5+ years ago. Jewgle has been taking notes on me for half my life.
What can I do short of changing my name and living unibomber style?

Yep.

Post task manager screenshots. If you're getting absolutely zero it may be a failing drive.

Legal name change and never associate with your former self and dont use google/facebook/instagram/twitter/et al services

You don't download or install stuff.
some things download and install stuff without even telling you that's why there's disk usage without you seemingly even doing anything.

Use clonezilla, you forgot to clone the boot partition too.
Let me guess, windows 10 but you never disabled telemetry, Windows defender, Updates and cortana.

i have old gaming pc. i dont play games anymore and wonder if is better build cheap new rig and buy new screen or just buy laptop. all i do is browsing internet and play some music.

It could also be your filename that is too long
Try renaming it on something shorter

Thanks for the replies but its not happening anymore right now but i'll provide screenshot if it happens later.

I did some of the suggestion on google like disabling superfecth and windows search but it did nothing, then i saw some comments on one of the websites, telling me to switch power options into high performance mode from balanced.

Post speccy screenshot.

>all i do is browsing internet and play some music.
get a cheap laptop with what ever size screen you deserve

Buy a cheap thinkpad T420 or X230 and put a SSD on it.

Hello, currently I have t420 bit I can get t440p with 8GB of ram and 1600x900 resolution and new 9-cell battery for 300 euro shekels. Do I grab the t440p or not?

Is it the GT 730 version?
Do you need the upgrade?
Still its not a bad deal.

so I got a cool pc now but what do I DO with it?

Blogger alternative please

do you know of any blogger alternatives? I love how basic and custimizable it is, but im afraid google will randomly delete it, because its google and all.
pls help

Attached: unnamed.gif (640x360, 1.98M)

Install Gentoo.

Shit post at incredible speed

>Gentoo
no games

currently at work
CPU AMD phenom x4 955 BE 3.2Ghz
RAM 4 Gb
Graphic card AMD radeon 6850 GB
HDD Seagate 500GB
MBO some gigabyte
Its a pc built in 2011 monitor is 20 inch benq manufactured in 2008. it got some ugly verical stripes few years after.

Hey Jow Forums, I'm going away with all my friends soon, and we'll need at least 8 outlets for all of our PCs.

Is it unreasonable to buy an 8 outlet powerboard? Will our shit just fuck up with 4 monitors and 4 PCs plugged in?

And would it be reasonable to go even higher than 8 outlets?

Attached: Capture.jpg (1013x242, 35K)

opensuse kde (because native patched ff) vs kubuntu with add patched ff?

I would not put 2 complete systems and 4 monitors on the same outlet.
I would spread that across 2 circuits.

Cool. Thanks friend.

How do you write inline on Jow Forums?

Trying to work out power costs for something like this: amazon.com/HP-ProLiant-DL380-G7-2-80GHz/dp/B011NTZEZM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1529569617&sr=1-1&keywords=HP ProLiant DL380 G7 2U SFF 2x HC X5660 2.80GHz 2x300GB 10K SAS 48GB

Anyone have anything similar that can give me a ballpark for normal power consumption?

outervision.com/power-supply-calculator

Thanks

I got a Steelseries Qck+ mousepad that needs cleaning.

Can I just chuck it in the washing machine or will that damage it

Any good CTFs?

Would an AMD Phenom II X6 1090T bottleneck a current gen graphics card?

You could build a cheap Ryzen 2200G build if you have money troubles for a huge upgrade, a decent 1080p monitor should be $80-90 too.

Or upgrade your current build, put a cheap SSD(ADATA SU800) on it and buy a used 4GB RAM stick.
Also look for a HP 22 screen.

Everything up to a GTX 1050Ti would be fine, it will be a huge bottleneck for a 1060, we are talking about a 50% bottleneck if nit bigger.

So I have a samsung q1 UMPC i got cheap on ebay (pic shows model, is not of my device). I chucked an ssd on it and installed an ubuntu variant (puppy and other lightweight distros wouldn't work) and then chucked on i3wm. The touch screen still works which is nice.

It was a lot of fun and is honestly pretty usable for web browsing and other super basic stuff. What meme use should i put it to?

Attached: 3553-752x424.jpg (752x424, 64K)

My fermis have aged pathetically and no amount of work will make them idle at less then 90c. Its a noticeable increase in ambient temperature when i sit down at my desk.Im planning on getting a 4k monitor in addition to my 2 1080p's,all i need is 3 card support and 4k support(pre rendered)

What do you use to play anime on your android? I used mxplayer before but it doesnt seem to work with newer anime releases

current build became very noisy and have high temperatures, dont think it will last much longer but who knows.
i could invest max 1000 dollars but dont know if is worth for pc which will be used mainly for web.

Repaste it?
A tube of MX-4 is $5 and isopropyl alcohol is $4-8.