Weekly meeting at local Linux User Group

>weekly meeting at local Linux User Group
>that new guy who calls others "bro" unironically
Is nothing sacred anymore?

Attached: 1403837987365.png (400x389, 48K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_user_group
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Complaining about normalfags in normalfag meeting
Dumb frogposter

Time to hipster it up a BSD user group

What's wrong with "bro"?

Just lift, bro.

there are weekly Linux user group meetups? what are they like? are they receptive to n00bs?

>there are weekly Linux user group meetups? what are they like? are they receptive to n00bs?
The last time I've been to one was in 2008 but yes, they were very welcoming.
They helped each other install, configure and maintain Linux, and also discussed programming.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_user_group

It's a good way to meet like-minded people outside of university.

Attached: 6828812895_f1f3ce353e_b.jpg (1024x768, 434K)

>Implying he's using it unironically

Just chill, bro, K? Don't use that racist frog anymore, be cool.

I don't see the issue. If he's not doing it to purposefully upset or belittle you, why can't you just accept is as personality quirk and get over it. If it bothers you, say something about it to him. That's rule 1 at the Unix user group I attend biweekly. Event organizers are not babysitters. You're a grown adult, so handle your problems as such.

Attached: 1526257674443.jpg (734x558, 55K)

are linux meetups a good place to network to get a job

plz, my parents are going to kick me out for neeting plz help

Attached: spurdosjw.png (1103x911, 23K)

Maybe, but it might not even be tech related. Go apply at grocery stores and fast food places. They hire just about anyone. All you have to do to keep those jobs is show and do basic shit like work a cash register.

Attached: 7D0934E9434B47688D3AC1D5BD812499.jpg (763x767, 93K)

but user i have a basic level of tech competence i should be able to get a job doing help desk stuff i just need a shoe in

minimum wage jobs like that just aren't worth it, believe me i've worked them

You wanna get kicked out or not, faggot? Find a simple minimum wage job and try to get at least 20 hours a week in. There, problem solved. Your tech competence doesn't matter if you don't have an education to back it up. It's dumb, but the things be the way they do.

Or get into a skilled trade and make decent money there. I'm an electrician, and it's an easy job. There is some manual labor and I move around a lot but I earn okay money without a college degree. You get to work with boring but fiar old people who won't make your life miserable for no reason like spoiled rich diversity hires in tech will.

Wrong. I was fired from Taco Bell because I wouldn't loudly greet every customer who entered the restaurant + keep my hands behind my back + sweep the parking lot every 15 minutes + clean all the bathrooms every 30 minutes.
Anything customer service related is shit.
The easiest jobs are corporate jobs and they pay much better. Worked at a health insurance for 6 months and nobody even cared if I took 3 hour long lunch breaks on the clock.
That Taco Bell job was insanely hard to get btw. I had to make up a sob story and steal half the pile of applications when the manager wasn't paying attention in order to even get considered for the position.
Walmart, Costco, Kroger, Sam's Club, Aldi, etc. don't hire anyone without at least 5 years retail experience anymore.

>unironically telling Jow Forums traps about linux user groups

>well paid guy working as an electrician telling me to just work at the first mcjob that falls in my lap
why do you people always do this

Because you get the mcjob to keep from getting kicked out while you look for the kind of job you really want.

What's worse a McJob or being homeless?

It depends largely upon what you value in life.

Attached: alexander-and-diogenes.jpg (640x433, 67K)

Sorry bro, but it isn't the 90s anymore and getting a tech job without knowing someone or a degree is difficult.

No it isn't. I learned in a year and got a job.

At least it's not ''good sir''.

>t. boomer

At least he didn't call you nigga.