>no 10nm for 2+ years
>no decent low power 8 core
>sockets and chipsets a complete mess
>tim jizz scandal
>i9 flop
>xeon outdated overnight
>stupid prices
>dumb anti competitive behavior
Has the shit finally hit the inside of the walls over there? Panick hiring raja and shit wrecker keller make me worried for them as a fan since the i7 9xx days

Attached: file.png (988x884, 404K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/intel-ceo-brian-krzanich-quits-after-investigation-into-1827015265
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>le indian maymay
Intel has always been shit. The thing is that AMD tried to use an architecture that didn't work back then (basically they bet that everything would use multiple threads in the future) while Intel kept upping the single thread performance.
Most programs didn't use multithread so AMD processors suffered a lot while Intel seemed to perform best.
Now it's the Future™ and multithread performance is more important than single thread, so AMD's architecture (the one they've been developing for 10+ years) works like a charm while Intel is trying to catch up and failing. Haste makes waste and stuff.
As for Meltdown and Spectre, they've existed for decades. Again, Intel cut corners to improve performance.

arm won anyway. It's everywhere, Intel and AMD are just sitting at home, waiting™ for the user to arrive.

>waiting
lol who the fuck wants to do desktop stuff (actual work and gaming/server shit) on a fucking phone besides billions of normies...

I don't understand the meme, did he break his own neck by turning away from the Intel logo?

Looks like he broke his index finger too. Are Intel users really this fragile?

What is the Tim Jizz scandal

>STILL better than the only x86 competitor
>not using an ARM server
lmao

better at being shit

inb4 le adoredshill but i think jim puts it best when he says that intel is an anti-technology company. they only do the bare minimum they think they have to to shore up their monopoly. then they double down on cost cutting and market manipulation and try to ride out the gravy train for as long as they think they can. they only really hunker down and try to make good products when their backs are against the wall.

They fell for their own marketing jew and hoped everyone else would fall for it with them
Ever since ivy bridge Intel has been using tooth paste tier thermal paste between their ihs and die
>better
>fucked in every way that matters
>arm servers
>literally paying more than less
Are you ?
What are you?
Thanks.

>They fell for their own marketing jew and hoped everyone else would fall for it with them
they did...

for 4 years then everyone woke when shit hit the fan last year

Okay then they thought people would still buy into marketing jew

Oh I thought it was a sexual assault case involving an Intel exec named Tim

how? cheaper faster cpus with better perf reliability and 1/10th fucking price

>then they double down on cost cutting and market manipulation and try to ride out the gravy train for as long as they think they can. they only really hunker down and try to make good products when their backs are against the wall.
You mean like literally every company out there? Are you stupid or something?

I'm happy with my 8700k, I'll never ever again buy a shitty amd again.

no i just mean shit companies like intel

then you are a retard who actually believes "muh special company loves me it's just all the other companies that are in a dominant position that screw me over as a customer

Yeah, Intel is suffering. I say this not as a fan boy but as someone who just wants good tech. I'm also a long time Intel user, because Intel stuff is really cheap used. First the IME bullshit, then all these engineering shortcuts and hacked on architecture extensions creating literal housefire botnet CPUs. Then they sell the same shit over and over every year. It all left a bad taste in my mouth. Now AMD's R&D investments are bearing fruit, and they're shipping excellent products. I'll soon be building myself a Ryzen desktop, my first AMD based desktop ever. I also ordered myself a ThinkPad A275 not long after the OOE/SE attacks first started coming to light. It's not Ryzen but it's still pretty damn good and works great with Fedora Linux.

At this point I don't think I'll ever buy Intel again. I've been looking into Power 9 actually as a powerful desktop solution for general home computing. I've also been comparing some of the VIA x86 boards for use as a home server, and I'll probably buy one of their little quad core industrial PCs (engineering samples are a few hundred bucks). Good things are happening all around if you know where to look. VIA x86 and IBM Power 9 are free from backdoors. AMD has the PSP which could be a localized security threat, but doesn't have networking like the Intel ME.

All around I'm seeing decent products that I want to throw all my shekels at. Why should I give another cent to Intel? Their products are just bad. I'm so assad that I'm doing unpaid shilling against them on Jow Forums. Change my mind, Israeli Intel employees.

Attached: 1519934356246.png (1110x590, 572K)

it doesn't mean amd loves you or is special. it just means that intel has a shit corporate culture in comparison. cry more.

AMD is literally anti-semitic evil company, stop supporting them, you should support corruption and anti-competitive practices instead, dumb goy.

Attached: 1436734391281.jpg (202x249, 30K)

shut up goy

Probably filling up their company with shitty 28 yo boomers with no talent who spend their time virtue signaling on Linkedin

>28 year old boomer
wow do you even know what a boomer is? Look it up instead of using it like another Jow Forums word if the month

27 year old boomer i'd just abandon their 10nm shit and go straight to 2nd spin 7nm

No competition.
Intel needs to have their asses kicked from time to time or they just fucking stagnates.
If nobody never challenged intel ever, we would still be using 8080 CPUs, but running at 100 Mhz.

we'd be stuck at the i7 990

oh wait...

Yep.
If we didn't had the Z80 and 6502, intel would be stuck on the 8080.
If we didn't had the PowerPC and similars, no pentium
If we didn't had the atlhon, no Core architecture.
And so forth.

zen just cucked intels ass back to the late 00's

Yep, and if history repeats itself, intel will release a great new architecture.
Well, after the whine, moan, punch the floor over and over and cry and overclock the shit they have until accidentally producing a spirit bomb etc..

>intel will release a great new architecture.
on 7nm?
10 is dead

As i said, it will take a while.
Just see how long intel took to get rid of the pentium 4.
I'm talking some crap like graphene here.

recommend me cheap thinkpad laptop with amd, plz.

t. 20 y/o boomer

>>no decent low power 8 core
Xeon D

The rest is true tho

Diversity hires are part of it(remember, every single person hired just because of sex, skin colour or anything else is one employee that's worse than the market's average, have this shit going for a decade and company becomes dysfunctional), but generally speaking AMD always bet on solutions to modern for their time and now all the iteration on those pays off since the time went by and they became modern instead of too modern.

They cut down RD and QA a few years ago.

Everything was always wrong with intel. People were blind and accepted marketing bullshit. In fact, they still are, and amd needs to provide like twice intel performance in software gimped by intel compilers and sell it for half the price for normies to even consider buying it.

Well, their CEO is now out of a job due to having consensual relations with an employee, so...

For that, blame Oregon culture and politics. I swear everything that comes out of the NW eventually turns into pure cancer.

a new architecture wouldn't help Intel at all, they have fallen pretty far behind their actual competitors which are TSMC, GF and Samsung (not AMD). Intel can't into 10nm when TSMC's already switching to 7nm. AMD has the advantage of being able to leverage better fabrication thanks to progress elsewhere (mobile SOCs) which now gives them a huge advantage. And Intel's not going to just throw in the towel and abandon their attempt at 10nm and outsource production to TSMC or GF.

Jews

>tim jizz scandal
How about the brian jizz scandal?

gizmodo.com/intel-ceo-brian-krzanich-quits-after-investigation-into-1827015265

They spent years reaping performance gains by going against known best security practices and have no idea how to compete without continuing to do so. I secretly hope this will help the world move beyond x86, but doubt it will happen.

Attached: 1529590079921-01.jpg (1000x1000, 212K)

I was waiting to buy a bew desktop meant for audio production/engineering. I wanted a 8700k. Will prices go down now?

>audio production
AMD is better

Attached: intel_collage.jpg (9999x9999, 3.69M)

>lenovo
lol

>Now it's the Future™ and multithread performance is more important than single thread
The only way to get good multithreaded performance is with good single thread performance

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-21 11-44-30.png (949x608, 283K)

Intel? Since when?

No it's just a gripe a lot of people have been having for a long time and but it didn't matter back then because amd wasn't much of a competitor or so it seemed that way
But now with amd on Intels door with soldered dies and much more people see it as a problem now

>tfw didnt get memed into amd for the gaming pc

Attached: crazy_sipp.jpg (800x800, 65K)

Intel is still popular mainly because people are used to it.
Also many people are still using old intel CPUs from times when intel was good. Like, most of people i know have Ivy Bridge CPUs or older.

Good luck finding that affordable. I know it's inherently enterprise, I hoped that pentium D would be better but that doesn't have any boards that I like and is still quite expensive. Waiting on epyc3000 and praying there's a motherboard filled with 4x slots.

lul

>>dumb anti competitive behavior
This is where it all began. This is exactly what went wrong and it snowballed from there.

ARM developer here (firmware, mostly). The ISA is every bit as powerful as x86, they just focus on a different sector of the industry. An 8-core, 3+GHz ARM-based CPU could exist if anyone wanted it to exist, the limiting factor is compatibility.

>As Intel searches for a new CEO Krzanich will be replaced by Intel’s chief finance officer Bob Swan in the interim. Swan is very much not an engineer. Instead, the incoming CEO, before joining Intel in 2016, worked as a partner at an investment firm. Swan was also CFO of eBay and spent fifteen years in fiance roles at General Electric.
>the incoming CEO worked as a partner at an investment firm
>partner at investment firm

Holy mother of KEK, Intel is fucked

Attached: dog-laugh.jpg (500x375, 33K)

>this thread
>posted hours before Brian "JUST" Krzanich forcefully resigns citing some fabricated incident
Is Intel finished? Or is this the first step to Intel making it?