Can you say something good about it?

Can you say something good about it?

Attached: pictureOfQtLogojpg2png.com.jpg.png (1024x751, 27K)

Has a working file picker

A clusterfuck of libraries and languages.
It used to be lightweight and simple.
Also, fuck them, they are the reason gnome exists

Qt!=kde

I don't know what it is.

you speak of KDE not Qt. Learn the difference fagot

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 79K)

py binding is pretty dank

Clusterfuck abomination ineptly trying to mimic WPF.

>all my knowledge stems from memes
>i literally don't know anything about the things i'm talking about
Stop posting fucking retard.

fpbp

Qtcreator is a nice ide.

Allows to create some pretty good looking UIs.

Its a super useful and versatile addition to C++

Thank you for not being Electron.

At least it's not GTK.

just werks

please someone tell me how to get fucking thumbnails on my file picker
i have kde installed

Don't use firefox.

>Always uses native filepicker
Fixed that for you, the Qt filepicker is dogshit.

This Or use opensuse, they are the only ones with firefox patches that don't crash it. Unlike the hacksolution from AUR.

What’s more worth my time, learning .net and C# or QT5 creator an c++?

I’m looking to dev enterprise apps...

this so many fucking times over

neither. "enterprise apps" are written using web technologies

QT5 isn’t for web apps. All of .net isn’t either come to think of it, pretty much just the asp.net part so....ignore your comment?

>gtk+
>mfc
>wxwidgets
wow what difficult competition, praise qt.

We are only here because every platform has tried to turn everything into cancer webshit at the expense of doing anything useful with it's actual api

learn JS and electron :^) the future is near

Killed GTK but was so shit that if people want to write GUI applications they have to write web apps.

>Tfw no Qt 3.14 gf

Attached: 1518886002880s.jpg (250x166, 8K)

More of a learning curve than GTK but doesn't come with the GTK community or their dumb decisions attached

Does electron have a drag and drop system for making UI’s? Like Qt?

>QT5 isn’t for web apps. All of .net isn’t either come to think of it, pretty much just the asp.net part
yes, that's my point. given that most "enterprise apps" are web apps, learning qt or non-asp part of .net is useless if you're looking to "dev enterprise apps"

Not as far as i know but electron is extremely easy to learn and even though it is terrible technology i suggest learning it just so you're future-proof.
It's quick to learn so afterwards you can just jump into QT, they're unrelated but good future-proofing

it's pretty good and easy to learn

it is not easy to learn. Getting an event handler to function beyond "hello world" requires significant effort.

people who know what they're doing rarely use drag-and-drop for making UIs (including Qt users), but sure, Dreamweaver can do drag-and-drop for example, or webflow.com

>Getting an event handler to function beyond "hello world" requires significant effort
Not more than creating a gui interface in visual basic to track an IP address.

nheko > riot

Awesome. And is this true about Mose people not using drag and drop? I find it convenient as hell to use the existing widgets and then customize them

Now a days you should chose c# over c++. You can create things with Winforms, WPF, ASP, Xamarin, UWP even Unity. Although ASP requires HTML, CSS and JS, I would say that is a good way to build enterprise apps.

IMO C# is easier to learn, can be used for more things and gets more done per line of code. So the return of investment is great.

Come at me c++ kiddos

What if I don't target Windows?

Ladies and gentleman the average Lunix user.

Only knows how to rice his desktop and run cmatrix on his terminal, can't even tell the difference between a GUI toolkit and an open source DE project.

To this day, still nothing beats WPF.

C# is multi-platform

QML is great