How often have you clicked on this part of the start menu?

How often have you clicked on this part of the start menu?

For me I think it's
>0
over the past two years

Attached: Windows-10-start-menu.png (1280x922, 584K)

As many time as necessary to unpin all that bullshit, because obviously they wouldn't give you an option to remove all, would they?

>he doesn't know
>if it's not a GUI he can't do it
windows babies will forever be babies

Multiple times a day. Sorry you can't wrap your head around something as simple as application launcher.

Attached: Capture.png (1280x800, 1.9M)

>OP is too stupid to disable it, if he doesn't need it
>also too stupid to actually make use of it
Yikes!

Attached: 28.png (972x687, 534K)

daily, thats how apps are started

>apps
Programs.. you nigger.

>B-but how dare they change a 18+ years old design for a more useful one, there is certainly no use for such a thing Womp womp.
That's how stupid you sound OP.

You can disable it you know.

噁 心

startmenu is comfy
best menu in windows history, not even kidding you

I just have it removed on my desktop and laptop. Though I use it one my windows tablet where it is easier to use.

sudo dnf remove menu-live-apps

I haven't used the default start menu in years. Installed classic shell the day I switched to 10

I used to use it regularly before I switched to Linux because after disabling some features and blocking shit on firewall the start menu search stopped working and wouldn't give results for anything so I had to pin everything i used to spare myself searching through the start menu XP style

Attached: 151944116397.jpg (960x1051, 257K)

i like to press the windows key and then start typing in order to search like a sane person but windows 10 search is shit compared to any tool for searching on linux or that spotlight thing in osX

Well, I like to press the Windows key and click the icon like any other sane person would but no one's stopping you if you really feel the need to add extra steps.

>How often have you clicked on the start menu?
0. I keep my shortcuts on total commander's button bar. Start menu is the least consistent element of windows' gui so I phased out of relying on it since I heard they removed it in win8 (although I was still on win7 back then).
Imagine having more than 4 programs installed... And a workflow in which you don't use all of them daily...

after FCU search got so much better
but still everything is absolutely shitty compared to Alfred

Attached: cortana-immersive-floating-ui-win10-17040.jpg (1580x929, 87K)

>Imagine having more than 4 programs installed
Yeah I can... there's this feature called Timeline that lets me pick up where I left off with a single click.

Stay stuck in the 90s bud.

> Extra steps
So you are saying that:(assuming windows search decides not to be a shitfest)
1. Press windows key
2. Start typing(since your hands are already on the keyboard)
3. Enter or use arrow keys and then enter
Is slower? Are you a negro by any chance?

all the time

Yup. That's exactly what I'm saying.

Again, go back to Windows 98 it's probably more up your alley rofl.

I really only use it to set up tiny folders with other tiny tiles inside, with a giant 2x2 weather tile beside them.
Probably serial killer behavior at this point.

Nothing is better than the ubuntu unity search(press F)
It could find a program using its category(debian packages usually have categories like games or whatever)
Typing ff would show firefox
Typing firefox with another layout like φιρεφοχ would find it
Didn't have a big issue with typos
Typing browser would show firefox
Typing the terminal command would show the application(additionaly alt+F2 would allow you to run a terminal command in background)
Also assuming you had file search enabled it would search for files of if you wanted you could download addons for online searching
All of this coupled with a lot of keyboard shortcuts.
It was in many ways more of a window manager and less of a DE for me.

>Nothing is better than the ubuntu unity search(press F)
Alfred is leagues better, hands down absolutely zero competition. Even alfred-clones are much better than unity's search.

Oh right i forgot it's summer.
What can it do?(no seriously i have a machine that i am forced to use windows 10 on and i want to make my experience tolerable)

thats what toolbar is for

Never, I use Everything as a launcher.

Moot confirmed there's no noticable increase in traffic during summer.

I understand you don't have any arguments left but still you really didn't have to go full newfag.

Lots of times, I have a lot of stuff pinned there to keep my desktop clean.

You can't disable it, but you can delete all the icons in it and shrink it down so it's just the normal start menu. I haven't used Windows 10 since last year though, so I don't know.

Alfred isn't avail on W10. If you want a really good search experience on 10 you'll probably have to use something like Everything from voidtools.
For mac users, Alfred provides Spotlight's search, while also adding in additional features such as custom workflows (ie automate a bunch of separate queries/steps together), plugins which tie into other programs (controlling music, managing passwords, etc), as well as theming and shell integration.

that doesn't sound convenient or there's something I don't know of...
Enlighten me

I never used the start menu at all back when i used windows. probably the most retarded GUI concept

This omg

if you don't use it why haven't you installed classic shell?

Attached: 1482376551241.png (1920x1200, 561K)

>doesn't sound convenient
>everything hotkey, start typing, enter
The same as cortana but more reliable.

wincucks

gpedit > use custom interface > anything but explorer.exe

there all your problems are solved.

Install the classic shell and make that useless space useful again.

Attached: tinyblackbox.jpg (1366x768, 103K)

Very often.

It best used on high resolution display.

Attached: Start Menu.jpg (3840x2160, 2.61M)

>not making them tiny tiles
but why

>Too many programs that I can`t remember each shit by icon
>High dpi mouse so cursor easily shoot over

makes sense
but you could probably fit all your games into a folder and place it on a separate line in the first column

That's a hassle since +1 click

Attached: privacy-3.-jpg-1024x826.jpg (1024x826, 90K)

Attached: 2018-06-21 17_51_44-Greenshot.png (2560x1440, 2.5M)

Have that shit turned off.

Index the files you want scrub. Windows doesn't your entire hard drive every boot unless you tell it to because many windows OEMs still use HDDs

constantly

I know how everything works
example. I want LibreOffice Writer
>libre
gives me 313 results
>writer
gives me 343 results
>lib*.exe
Is getting close, still too much

I know you could limit everything to programs directory and search only for executables but this is just crippling it and limiting usability to one task

never because i don't use the shitty default start menu

startIsBack is good shit

Attached: Screenshot_9660.png (860x1251, 330K)

I don't even have it

so let me get this straight. there are actually people that use this piece of shit for anything other than games?

Attached: 275436F1-232B-4A36-A479-349B98A05FE9.gif (680x499, 1.64M)

every day desu

Attached: 1528240861704.png (1920x1080, 1.46M)

You can remove it

>2018
>he doesn't use Classic Shell
lmao

Attached: classicshell.png (1302x959, 768K)

>never ever
By the way, why can't cortanta find my programs in the start menu? Did I do something to offend her?

Is there any way to install and run KDE on Windows?

I gonna need that wallpaper, user.

You can install WSL and a DE and pair it with VcXsrv X windows server together on W10.

here you go

Attached: Pape.png (1920x1080, 2.97M)

>you can't disable it but you can just delete it entirely
?????????????

thanks, user

Attached: 1528883745922.gif (528x555, 816K)

God-tier language!

My gentoo doesn't have that.

I unironically run in tablet mode for all desktop purposes.
t. Man living in 2025

you unironically sign all of your posts and break global rule 13 on a regular basis. The problem is this isn't reddit but yet you identify yourself by your little
>t.
I hate that I know which posts are yours because you typically break global rule 3 as well. You seem to think your posts are special, better than everyone else's. Why are you such a pretentious little snowflake?

I've removed all default tiles, pinned every program i use on it and hid program list. So, every day? Shit comfy.

A lot

Attached: 2018-06-21 15_46_49-_g_ - How often have you clicked on this part of the sta - Technology - 4chan.pn (436x308, 42K)

Furthermore, there is no syntax relevance as to why you would need to post using
>t.
It's quite simply a trademark and or a signature in which global rule specifically prohibits. You will eventually be dealt with and I will not stop until you actually utilize the name functionality, that is offered on Jow Forums

Attached: hurrr durrrr new fgt.jpg (319x286, 47K)

Hellooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Attached: 12313.jpg (427x103, 11K)

I use it all the time for pinned shortcuts. It's faster than scrolling through the list or typing the name into the search bar.

Classic Start Master Race Reporting In

I don't have these issues. The Windows 10 start menu is an absolute abomination.

t. Babbies first post

i literally use it to launch all my apps

Attached: start.jpg (468x606, 47K)

It's kind of funny that a lot of people have completely forgotten the apps list is just a folder (well, multiple). If you really wanted to keep things ultra minimal, uninstalling anything you don't use and then putting all your apps in a single folder within the start menu folder. Or in their own custom ones instead of using tiles.
But since there's no single button that does all of this automatically some people flip out.

again global rule 3 and 13 broken

>It's faster than [...] typing the name into the search bar.
No, it isn't.

two clicks is in fact faster than hitting the windows key and then typing at least more than 1 letter and then hitting enter.

so get rid of it

Attached: Untitled.png (341x1335, 331K)

If those two clicks don't require moving the mouse as well, sure. But wait, they do. You have to consciously find the location of your shortcut after clicking on your start button, move your mouse over to the icon, and then click on that too.
I suppose it might be faster than typing out the name of a program if you hunt and peck.

Also
It sent every search query to Amazon.

Still faster.

>t. hunts and pecks

Again, more than 1 letter = already slower.

Never, Windows 10 cannot handle 4k as well as GNU/Linux.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-06-21 23-17-33.png (3840x2160, 931K)

Again, not if you type at a decent pace.

never, I'm using 8.1 for like 6 years now.

Attached: 1529584786117.jpg (427x464, 31K)

I use it like desktop, I hate icons on desktop.

trashdows

Attached: 1529585064188.jpg (643x427, 46K)

Classic Shell is discontinued.

nuking the startmenu was the only thing 8 got right. bars in general are stupid as hell.

>what is aliasing

user, right click on the windows button.

ninite still offers Classic Start, which is basically the same.