*blocks your path to a CS degree*

*blocks your path to a CS degree*

Attached: serveimage.jpg (2022x2849, 981K)

Nigga are you serious? Group theory is the easiest math course after Calc 1.

Is that all you study of AA? Jealous.

Wait until you get into algorithm analysis in a higher degree.
Way harder than algebra and other crappy math.
Also from what I remember people would get rekt by graph theory and give up on their dreams algebra only fucked the NEET kids who tried to become a CS undergrad and gave up on the first semester.

>graph theory
That's only partially bullshit number crunching.

I don't frequent Jow Forums but I just wanted to say is that I dislike math very much

What is this trash? I just needed Calc 1&2, Linear Algebra, Discrete Mathematics, Statistical Methods, some 3000 level math elective, and algorithms.

>vijay k khanna
POO

been programing for the past 10 years and never ran into a situation where i needed anything more than basic elementary school math. nice meme though. im sure that degree will be worth it. kek.

imagine being this much of a code monkey

Reminder that CS is not a hard degree to get and is being filled up with sociable chads and cheap poos. The 90s are over, everyone knows a bit of tech.

The only schools that CS is taken seriously are schools for liberal arts retards

Attached: 1528929546380.gif (270x333, 2.99M)

That depends on the school. You can even get a Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science at some schools. That degree isn't the equivalent of earning a CS degree from Stanford, MIT, or even a large flagship state school like Michigan.

american education everybody

kek what the fuck man in eastern europe we study that in high school

why the fuck do you cretinous bastards have trouble with AA and Calc I & II? it's babby math

>stanford
>mit
>UoM
>good schools

Grade inflation lmao

That depends drastically on the faculty you get your degree at.
At least here in the EU there's plenty of unis where CS is anything but an easy degree. I got a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering and when I went back to eventually grab my Masters in Crypto/Cyber-Security even the basic math we did for the later CS sections were a hell of a lot more advanced than anything we ever did in my engineering lectures.

depends on the high school. some do some don't. i assume it's the same in america.

t. going to community college

I know what you mean. I specifically opted to do a mathematics degree because that course would not be allowed to count towards CS. Abstract Algebra is fundamental to computer science and ignoring it is seriously short sighted.

you are not the only one!!!

>going to school

oh I'm sorry you're a neet
my mistake

Can confirm. That said, Abstract Algebra is a very easy course. I don't get why all the brainlets on this board think all these math courses are difficult.

>being a neet

Does it hurt knowing your favorite schools you always wanted to go to are destroying their reputations?

does it hurt to wake up at 7pm every night just so you can avoid the disgusted looks from mom and dad

i'm going to school so that i get higher salary once i start working. you shouldn't expect anything from school you're attending - learn what you think you'll need on your own. that being said, attending a good school isn't bad at all.

>tfw I'll have to take Calc/Physics until 3 on fucking CS
I wish I was born american

Attached: 1503190792406.jpg (303x331, 35K)

I think the early math courses (Math 1 and 2) are the hardest part.

Complex Analysis and everthing afterwards makes many things much clearer and even simplify things. For example Lebesgue integration is way cooler than Riemann's shitfest integration, but it's also simpler. And when you dabble into function theory, you realize you didn't really got the exponential function.

Seriously, Math isn't "hard", it's just cumbersome. It takes time to think about what a metric really is and so on. But every monkey can learn math if he is stubborn enough to force this shit into his brain. People should stop repeating this "Math is hard" meme and say "Math is lots of work" instead.

On a sidenote:
The worst programmers I met during my studies were always math guys or physicists. Programming looks easy because you read teh syntax and say: "whoa, that's it?". And it doesn't take a magician to write a short C calculator programm.

But large scale development of reliable, robust, maintainable software with the right coupling and cohesion? Takes time and a lot of experience, a lot of trial and error. It's the difference of builing a wall or making a skyscraper. If you only ever build small walls you will never even notice the problems that wait for you in large-scale..

I am from eastern europe too and didn't study symmetric polynomials and 10 types of -morphisms.

Pajeet detected.

???

I went to a US University and had to take up to Calc III and 4 physics classes for my CS Degree.

Jej. Only absolute brainlets struggle with mathematics.

where is this required?
usually you only one course in discrete math and one in linear algebra, and maybe an elective 300 level math

not him but what college? calculus II is the highest course I've seen around here for cs

It's not required, but if you take it it makes some transfers require less course work. For example, I would have to retake linear algebra at my university, but since I took Calc iii they dropped the requirement. Doesn't make sense, but whatever.

Then you went to a proper university. American CS degrees are a joke, they are literally codemonkey degrees. No wonder Jow Forums thinks it's a meme.

>American CS degrees are a joke, they are literally codemonkey degrees.
Then why is most important software developed in the US?
t. alan kay

Take a look at Silicon valley and tell me how many americans are there. Just because you have some highlights doesn't mean your courses are good in general.

Retard detected

I also am a node.js programmer

No fuck you
Absract Algebra was easy peasy
Cool stuff

My thesis presentation is blocking my CS degree because my supervisor is vengeful unhelpful dick and I lack even basic confidence and self esteem
By the looks of it I'm going to be brutally murdered, devastated, ridiculed and generally butt fucked during the presentation
Fuck

>Silicon valley and tell me how many americans are there
A bit less than half, but most of the foreigners are Indians, so they're coming from a country with even weaker universities.

Take a look at Silicon valley and tell me what country it's in, retard

mostly the same experience for me, except it was two semesters of physics. my major program only put me two classes behind a math minor (calc 4 & matrix/linear algebra) so I was able to do that as well. wasn't like I went to some STEM school either, just a state school with a decent engineering college.

funny enough it was the practical side that actually kind of sucked
>two semesters of "software design" courses that were basically the same as intro to programming but in C++
>an algorithms class with barely any programming (still a valuable course, but still)
>a class on state machines/regular expressions that never discussed any sort of applications of them
>a "statistics using computer techniques" course that was literally no different than a gen-ed stats class, not even any computing involved
>junior-level web development class where there were only 4 projects with the difficulty of fizzbuzz - shit like unit converting, a blackjack game, parsing JSON, and creating a simple nodeJS server. every project was in a different language too so you never really truly got a good grasp on any language

No, indians are not even that big. But the fact is, a large number of immigrants are doing the research part of the thing, they are not only code monkeys that barely makes enough money to live.

What's your point, dumbass? Their degrees are always either from their own countries or from some renowned university like MIT or Stanford. In general american degrees are poor when compared with the average from any other european country. Just the fact most of them requires nothing but Calc I is enough to see how bad they are.

Attached: SF-METRO_Ethnicity-Race.jpg (835x626, 182K)

The population demographics of the area don't line up with the demographics of the who work in the tech sector, and their race has nothing to do with them being foreign born or foreign educated. There are a large number of East Asians and Indians in American universities, and especially in California. The fact is the majority of h1b visas go to Indians.

Attached: w_H-1B-visas.jpg (621x404, 77K)

Google demographics

Attached: http _mashable.com_wp-content_uploads_2014_05_Google-dems-640x392.png (640x392, 103K)

Mathematics is a tool that augments the Computer Scientist. See it as an opportunity to become better at problems you will solve as Computer Scientist.

t. "Computer Scientist"

Some abstract algebra has been on the high school curriculum since the late 00s in the US, but the full in depth algebra class is college level in Europe too and you know it, faggot.
At least here we learn how to do functional analysis in preschool.

>The population demographics of the area don't line up with the demographics of the who work in the tech sector
It does.

Not silicon valley

Attached: images (1).jpg (456x323, 17K)

>It does.
Your charts show the opposite. Otherwise Hispanics would hold 21.9% of the positions and Blacks 7.6.

>Not silicon valley
Prove it doesn't, Indians are considered Asian in the united states. Also prove those silicon valley workers are foreign born or foreign educated.

Only math majors are required to take modern algebra.