Making it harder for yourself by not using python

>making it harder for yourself by not using python
for what purpose?

Attached: python.png (180x180, 20K)

Sometimes using c++ with whatever library can be way easier. It’ll run way better too

Pseudo useful for oddball build automation, like codegen. Then again, we're migrating everything over to pure libclang in C++ for that purpose anyway/

Makes for a nice "default scripting language" if the time required to implement a DSL can't be justified.

Python is overused AF this days. Dumb "programers" think that it's okay to make literally everything in Python. That's why most of recent applications sucks big black fat cock at speed.

when it makes sense to use python, by all means do it. but python is not good for building performance oriented, complex, parallel or distributable softwares.

could you give examples? the only real applications being made using python are the ones who use pyqt and they're aren't all that bad. might be wrong, though.

he's just speaking out of his ass

I use Python whenever available, but I'm not a fev, I'm a quant. So basically, it's just for numerical analysis, monte-carlo simulation, etc. Also for statistical analysis. It's extremely easy to just shit some quick code that does the job.

I imagine building actual applications in it is a nightmare.

Today i made my first script, for sorting files k do every month. After two weeks of learning it payed of. I actually like the language. Its nice.i hope i can continje learning to code and... Eventually develop something.

You mean Javascript

>tfw don't know python.
>tfw dude that used to work with me asked me if I didn't want to take some big job paying quite well but that it needed python
>tfw I go back to my shitty c++ and C# job instead.

Maybe I should learn python.

python is hard and annoying to use

>Python is hard
I get the "annoying to use" part is entirely subjective, but how the fuck is Python hard to use? Literally every brainlet I know swears by Python (same goes for Go, actually, but that language is legitimately awful)

Python is easy as fuck.

Syntax is garbage and debugging it is even more garbage. Did I put a white space or indent properly? Even Javascript is more enjoyable

Fake oop

Like you couldn't learn everything in a week if you know c++.

It doesn't follow syntax and it's based on memes. Java/script, c++# you can get around but loose non static types are brutal. Brackets makes everything easier to read

stfu

For speed, and more importantly, the ability to truly understand lower level computer science concepts.

I almost exclusively use Python at work. It's cross-platform and can be understood by co-workers who don't have a CS/Engineering background. Co-workers actively fight me when I want to use something else.

>It doesn't follow syntax
what?
>JavaScript [...] you can get around but loose non static types are brutal
>implying JS is less loose than Python
(![]+[])[!+[]+!+[]+!+[]](!+[]+[])[+[]](![]+[])[+[]]([][[]]+[])[+[]]

t. valid JS

Attached: Kq9eWK8J.jpg (1252x1252, 257K)

just werks

>PyQT
>Python

pyQT is just a wrapper for QT, the thing is still C++ underneath.

This
> Some brainlet tried to convince me Go was as OOP as C++

>he doesn’t use Golang
Lmao

Python is a toy language. The reason so many Jow Forums tards like it is because nothing they write ends up being larger than 10k lines of code. It's slow, bloated, has horrible package management, and is unmaintainable in large applications.

Attached: 1wz3as.jpg (447x447, 140K)

>t.
still breaking global rule 13

still think your posts are special or better than every other anonymous poster.

>tfw pyCUcks is an actual package

>memeycarlo
how much do you get paid for calling poopoo.sample() in a loop anyway?

i know but i don't see any other way python could be used for desktop programs. couldn't possibly ment to say those things about server side stuff since client doesn't see it and speed is kinda dependent on the hardware in that case anyway.

>implying anyone on this board has made a large application
fuck off summerfag

Attached: Asthenic_Schizophrenic.png (793x1264, 828K)

We've been over and over why Python is bad for many years and yet the brainlets are always going to come back with their 'everyone uses it' threads.

So even though this is a troll/shill thread as most all programming language threads on Jow Forums are, I'll try and cut through to the real issue, and that is that Python currently does not have real competition...except for Dart.

Even though Ruby is a much better language overall, Python has very well designed comprehensions. And since iterating over containers is the most common thing you do in programming I can see why comprehensions are a big win for Python when you compare to how shitty using block syntax on methods in Ruby is.

Javascript is not a standalone scripting language so its out of the running.

Julia is nice but lacks OO and so is disqualified for general purpose work.

That leaves Dart. Dart is not just a JS-transpiler language, it can run on its own VM and is very fast. It has easy to understand Java-like syntax. There is no 'pythonic' fuckery because Dart was designed from the ground up to learn all the good lessons about how to make scripting language.

are you serious? of your not a brainlet, you can learn python in less than an hour. Then it will take a week or two to learn the main packages by heart.

>are you serious? of your not a brainlet, you can learn python in less than an hour.
you can learn shitty,inefficient Python code in an hour, most Python coders honestly dont know how bad their code is

>Then it will take a week or two to learn the main packages by heart.
you cant even learn the built in array and string methods in a week because they are all these shitty ad-hoc underscore methods that have no consistent design when compared to how intuitive Ruby methods are named and use consistent argument naming.

Python is just a brainlet language, the only thing that Python brainlets can do is make vague unsubstantiated claims that Python is easy

I'll stick to Perl thankyouverymuchsuckmydickeatmyassfuckoffbye.

fake multithreading in the reference implementation as well
Why is this language popular again?

It's a good first language. It's not bad as a glue language if you don't want to use Perl. Every time somebody uses it for something serious, it falls to pieces unless they bolster it with some heavy iron.

I hate it because somebody solves some kind of problem with it, and now my one-off VM or jail has to have a full Python install just to do something that should have been a C program.

It was the first language I learned prior to moving onto C in which I'm still getting good with. Python has helped immensely with gathering and executing forensic analysis.

>t.
>global rule 13
lurk the fuck moar

Attached: 1527967246117.jpg (720x540, 40K)

There is no syntax relevance as to why a post needs to be signed with a
>t.
Lrn2chanology before you anons to lurk more. Correct me if I'm wrong but global rules are to be enforced exactly as they're written. If that's the case, your post is moot. Nice forced meme, log poster.

>Lrn2chanology
>>>/cheeseburger/
>>>/ed/
>>>/kym/
>>>/ohinternet/
>Correct me if I'm wrong but global rules are to be enforced exactly as they're written
oh, totally. Especially /f/, or /d/ (especially before /aco/), or Jow Forums in the particular case of "t.". Board culture and memery are never considered. And neither is context or basic common sense.

Attached: 1391356886730.gif (288x198, 1.45M)

I'm pretty sure we agree. Anyway it seems the mods/janitors are based today which is always refreshing to see a quality board such as Jow Forums remain cancer free.

I wish more users saw the practicality with using python. It's extremely versatile in my experience.

you are retarded

Can you wrap a DLL in Python? How about code injection?

It's probably the best first language. Back in my day, it was BASIC, which is pretty crap.

I'm not the one signing my posts like a special snowflake.

From what I understand, MIT starts all of their coding students with Python, due to it's ease of entry into the programming world. I would say MIT is based, but they didn't have Aaron Swartz's back when the fed was coming down on him, resulting in his suicide and costing the tech community a great talent.

Python is pretty alright. One thing I find peculiar is the more I study CL the more details I notice that Python seemingly nicked from it. Am I crazy or does python in some syntactical ways look a bit lispy?

Attached: 1381685410247.gif (333x333, 100K)

nigger

>MIT starts all of their coding students with Python
Why don't they start with a language with static typing so they think about the datatypes more?

why wouldn't you? you don't have a personality?

You can use pyqt to wrap any c or c++ API
I'm also pretty sure you can open() with DLL files
Not a good programmer so idk the real answer

If the format of Jow Forums wasn't anonymous, then maybe. However, I agree with anonymity. Jow Forums does offer name functionality. It's cancerous practice for users to post, not utilizing the built in naming functionality, while signing their posts in such a way that deviates from the built in naming functionality. I'm guessing that is why signing posts is in direct violation with Global Rule 13.

The issue isn't about me. The issue is that every other user here is the same. We don't know who is who, outside of the token samefag here and there. t. already admitted he was banned from reddit. So basically, he's bringing reddit format here, and that is why it's cancer and should be eliminated.

I'm not entirely sure. I don't attend MIT but my buddy that did, informed me of that fun fact a few years back, when I started studying Python.

>but they didn't have Aaron Swartz's back when the fed was coming down on him, resulting in his suicide and costing the tech community a great talent.
I love it when jews jew other jews, we constantly get 'muh freedoms' meme'ed every day on Jow Forums and the only one stupid enough to fall for the the anti-proprietary bullshit is a wannabe activist jew

hey Richard, why dont you go visit Aaron's parents and congratulate them for having their son die for your cause

I'm not Jewish though.

All of your bigotry aside, He was extremely talented and far from what the fed made him out to be. But if you'd prefer to side with imperialistic capitalistic pigs that are only concerned with their bottom line, then continue with that throwback ideology.

I'm sorry but I agree as to what Aaron was fighting for. JSTOR does not get to own the "copyright" on the wealth of human knowledge.

>defending literally ręddit personified
kill yourself too; follow your idol

huh, I would have expected a Lisp dialect. Goes to show how little I know huh

Attached: 1527715455587.png (499x664, 613K)

He was the co-founder and that's about the only good thing to come out of reddit. I don't visit that shit tier formatted site, nor have I ever registered.

Besides he left reddit shortly after it was formed. He donated all of the money that he made from the site to charity, terrible I know.

You must /b/ lost

You may be right though. That's just what my buddy that graduated from MIT told me a few years back. Kind of makes sense but there are other potentially better options form what I understand now, versus a few years ago.

I was at MIT for a summer internship, python is just very easy to get started even on windows compared to C for example. I think the do it so people don’t get discouraged early on with pointers and memory management, and it has simpler objects comparer to java for example. (System.out.printf vs just fucking print(‘wee’) )

Greenspun's 10th rule of programming

I mean I don't know the details, but if MIT was associated with any language I would have expected Lisp. I mean, it is *THE* place that comes to mind when talking about Lisp, historically.

MIT has enough things to jerk itself off over, they dont need to teach a language to freshman solely to jerk themselves off even more.

It's harder for me to use Python over any other language. It's dumbed down for tards. I'd rather use C++.

I find this true in the sense of when doing something in python you’ve never done before its more ambiguous as to what types are being used sometimes. Resulting in a lot of early bugs from pure ignorance of what the code is doing. Whereas with Java you know exactly what the types are from reading the code, no need to necessarily look at documentation.

I'd rather use php for scripting.

This first time you have to debug something that is caused by white space, you will leave this shit language and never look back.

I just hate how php looks and I hate debugging it too.

you should know more than one programming language

also, python is awful with system level stuff

also, most libraries have to be manually installed while stuff on C like gtk is probably there

>You can use pyqt to wrap any c or c++ API
What the fuck?