So the autistic fit lasted, what, 15 hours?

So the autistic fit lasted, what, 15 hours?
Everyone is still using it and will keep doing so.

Attached: gt.png (900x450, 29K)

everyone is using windows and vs code what do you think?

almost as if hipsters are a bunch of slacktivist sheep

Because it's still good and nothing really changed?

Always remember to do exactly / believe the opposite of what Jow Forums says, kids.

Attached: 1409190570660.jpg (630x395, 132K)

I will continue to use it, but be open to alternatives. Gitlab is not viable ATM, especially since the European downtime they had on tuesday.

But if Microsoft start demanding using their shitty Authenticator app and requiring MSN/Live logins for two-step verification, like they did with Skype, I'm going to ditch it in a heartbeat.

git works just fine on a command line on any goddamn machine you unbearably awful scenester faggots.

>Date: 2011/05/10
>So the autistic fit lasted, what, 15 hours?
>Everyone is still using it and will keep doing so.

Attached: 200px-Skype_logo.svg.png (200x89, 8K)

Github is more than just a fancy GUY for git, it's a collaboration platform and a place to host your portfolio.

I literally got a job offer because someone came across my repo on github.

It'll keep coming in bursts as M$ makes their changes.

Imagine when your github profile is part of your linkedin profile which they also own. Perfect storm of recruitment desu. Microsoft is going to dominate this shit.

>Take project
>Recruit team
>Supply tooling and backend cloud
AI could do this.

What was it about?

>Imagine when your github profile is part of your linkedin profile which they also own
It more or less is already, I link to my LinkedIn on github and vice versa.

>Microsoft is going to dominate this shit.
This is their plan.

The repo?

>collaboration platform
You mean like email/IRC/picking up the fucking phone?
>host your portfolio
You mean LinkedIn for nerds?

git is for source control. GitHub is for marketing.

i was already using gitlab a year ago

Yeah

yes

Well lots of people do not attach their linkedin to their repos. The reverse is almost always true though. They really need to fix up skype though, i know they made it more enterprisey but they made it also be very shit.

>You mean like email/IRC/picking up the fucking phone?
That works fine when you're up to 15 people working on something, not so much when there are >50 and you all live in different timezones.

>You mean LinkedIn for nerds?
Indeed I do.

>git is for source control. GitHub is for marketing.
Never said otherwise, buddy.

Mapping up GPU memory for an NVMe disk so you can trigger disk IO directly from your CUDA programs.

> >50 in different timezones
Linux was managed for years by emailing diffs.

And literally paying trusted maintainers to keep their sanity full time salaries... Not every project is the Linux kernel backed by billion dollar companies like Google and Oracle.

>Not using sourceforge

super value add free malware

Yes, having high-quality programmers is definitely an advantage. Having a bunch of middling programmers is actually worse. Which is why I'm not impressed by using GitHub as a VM for a Beowulf cluster of dipshits.

>Yes, having high-quality programmers is definitely an advantage.
I don't disagree. But my point is that free hosting with an integrated collaboration platform for issue tracking, wikis, project tracking etc. is more than merely being a fancy front-end for Git.

I was expecting enterprise version fizzbuzz...

Yeah, it's also shit.

Attached: 1515779229026.png (680x680, 284K)

no one uses skype anymore

office 365 users get some enterprise shit built in. everyone has office.

Over 150,000 projects have migrated from github to gitlab

that's the joke

I'm still moving my projects over to Gitlab but I've just been too lazy.

I had to go back to github cuz gitlab hurts my eyes.

Except pretty much every business that runs windows on their employees' computer