He uses SFML

>he uses SFML

Attached: 1519888039122.png (1787x1708, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG21/docs/papers/2017/p0669r0.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what in the what now?

>he uses SDL with GLFW

Attached: 1503459965710.png (638x480, 349K)

>they don't CFG their OLPC
Bow to me subhumans

What should I use

GLFW+bgfx or SDL2+SDL_gpu

Also check out imgui and NanoVG. You could do GLFW+NanoVG for purely 2D graphics.

what's wrong wtih SFML?

what's wrong with SFML? It's been around for a long time, has nice 2D libraries
Qt on the other hand with their retarded license is the weird one

sdl or sfml? what to use for hoby engine projects

>SDL_gpu, a library for making hardware-accelerated 2D graphics easy.
But that's exactly what SDL2 already is.

>he doesn't use the standard C++ 2d library
open-std.org/JTC1/SC22/WG21/docs/papers/2017/p0669r0.pdf

>he doesn't Love2D

If I don't get a solid reason as to why not use SFML from this thread, I'm going to use it very intensively.

I used to use it as a simple way to set up/wrap OpenGL contexts, but it wasn't portable enough so I ended up writing my own. Useful enough if you're just doing desktop shit. I don't know how much I'd trust its input reading.

It's the kind of library that takes object oriented programming a bit too far. Like instead of drawrectangle(params), you have to create a rectangle object, then set the dimensions, then set the color, then set more parameters, then draw it to a window. It's inefficient and a pain in the ass.

I've never really used the 2D functionality, but it sounds like it's just mirroring the pipeline. There's a reason that S is in there; it's not very high on abstractions levels. It it seems like "too much" it's just that those are the things needed to do internally to draw a thing. If you want to streamline it then write your own wrappers.

>LUA game engines
>Arrays starting at 1

Attached: nymnO.png (112x112, 9K)

Secure Fuck My Life?
IDK what you're talking about.

SFML is cute.

International keyboard support.

>Lua
>Arrays
TABLES MAN TABLES, NO ARRAYS THERE

This is my main problem with SFML. OOP has it's place but some things are better implemented as functions.
Also shit keyboard support but they are working on it.

Too bad SDL doesn't implement shaders.

>smol female

I am about to write my first meme hobbyist """game""" using SFML. What should I know?

you should know that games are for children.

If you're drawing shapes use vertexarrays. Otherwise it's pretty straight forward.

It's an abstraction layer over OpenGL which sets up mostly static data and feeds it into the GPU to be drawn every frame. OOP is a fairly good way to abstract this, as you'd essentially need to do the same thing as feeding structs to a function.
I haven't used SFML in quite a while, but I would think you'd be able to set most of the paramaters for stuff like rectangles in the constructor.

I have a project that needs to draw a couple of hundred trapezoids every frame.
What I ended up doing is just have a
static sf::VertexArray quad(sf::Quads, 4);
then change the color and vertex points below it at every draw call.
Not sure if this is the most effective way to do it.
It's about 30% slower than SDL but then again SDL can't really draw shapes so I had to set up a scanline sort of function that drew every line of the shape separately. So the code looks better.

>He still uses opengl

It does it terribly, and SDL_gpu lets you do shaders and 3D.

macfags aren't people

>not using SDL2 with a custom software rasterizer
>not using native vulkan APIs
Rip

>he is a codemonkey

FUCK YOU MY SCHOOL WANTS ME TO USE IT