Do you prefer Vegas Pro or Adobe Premiere?

Do you prefer Vegas Pro or Adobe Premiere?

Attached: Vegas_Pro_15.0.png (1000x1000, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mtv8QptWNbg
cutestockfootage.com/free/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Neither. I don't like proprietary, nonfree software.

Vegas Pro is easyer to use. But with Adobe Premiere you have more options to add in with the other adobe programs. They sync well together

The best free editor is Kdenlive, and it isn't fit for professional-level editing.

Blender VSE.

Why, because it's a Free Software community project and not """"""""""professional and enterprise"""""""""""" enough?

Because it only has basic features.

Vegas is easier and provides maximum comfiness but Adobe is more professional. That being said you can achieve virtually anything you want with free version of HitFilm. Some people had luck with OpenShot too but I thought it was subpar. Never tried Kdenlive.

Because it has shit features and zero integration with anything.

Attached: 1529584396833.jpg (1919x1033, 320K)

Vegas is more intuitive, and besides integrtion, there's nothing Premiere can do that it can't.

>Do you prefer Vegas Pro or Adobe Premiere?
huh?

OpenShot is bottom of the barrel imo. KdenLive or Shotcut are much better

Adobe Vegas
/thread

Davinci resolve
/thread

I had used some Vegas for quite a while. But then I discovered that premiere pro is much more powerful and has easier tools to work with.

It saves me a lot of time when I need to edit things

Why did they have to fuck it up so bad, Vegas 15 is so fucking garbage compared to 14 and lower.

davinci resolve

How so?

still breaking global rule 3 and 13

If Openshot at the very least didn't fuck with your ins & outs, it would be decent.

I feel fine with videoPad

Attached: images (2).jpg (232x217, 8K)

Vegas pro.

Davinci Resolve.

I see no reason to use Vegas over Premiere.
Sure, Vegas is a bit easier to learn but it takes roughly a day to learn both programms so it's basically non-issue. If you're using Premiere there's a better workflow with other Adobe crap, that's a major plus. Also, both Vegas and Premiere are a buggy mess so there's no preference in that regard.
It's basically the same shit, really, but Adobe has a proper ecosystem.

KDEnLive

Where I can learn video editing for, lets say, make my own youtube chanel? I am interested in Adobe Premiere, but its the same.

Attached: f05[1].png (5000x5000, 412K)

Doesn't seem too bad as a backup editor.

Define editing.
You can learn basic video editing in one day without any tutorials (if you're not a retard at computers). It's that simple, yes.
If you want some mograph type of shit just look up After Effects tutorials on JewTube.
If you specify what exactly you want I might help.

After Effects or bust.

Why aren't Premiere and AE one program already?

Because you're a retard and Premiere functionality is vastly different from AE.

Things Premiere does:
- Video cuts and preset transitions
- Audio mixing
- Basic text

After Effects:
- All the above plus more

>Define editing
I thought that "make my own youtube channel" was enough, but ok. I wanto to edit the shit that I film. I want to edit the shit that I film. I want to make mini documentaries with some kind of infographics or illustrations. I also want to make a cool intro and outro. Idk, any ideas?

Also, any sources of free resources like music, stock videos and images, etc are appreciated.

The best free editing software is blender.

I don't use any other Adobe products, why should I prefer Premiere over Vegas when Vegas seems just as capable?

final cut 7

Vegas Pro is great + it has lots of audio stuff considering it was an audio editor.

Premiere is used for working (compling, rearranging, trimming, etc) with already ready footage and adding very basic elements to it (transitions, basic effects, lower thirds, etc).
AE is used for heavy edits of the original footage (color grading, retouching, VFX, masking, compositing, etc) and/or creating footage from scratch (mograph).
If you mix them up you will have a terrifying clusterfuck of a timeline with insane amount of pre-compositing (nesting).

>I thought that "make my own youtube channel" was enough, but ok.
No, definitely not enough, my man. Depending on the type of your content you might get away with barely any editing at all (some gayming letsplay channel).

>I want to edit the shit that I film.
Well, that's Premiere. You probably can wing it since it's an extremely basic software but I think there's a help manual that will cover all of the basics. Basically your workflow will look like that: drop your footage into Premiere - trim it using trimmer (select the footage you need using sliders) - drop it onto timeline - apply effects if needed. Repeat until it looks good. Other than that you'll need to learn the hotkeys and tools provided but that's ezpz.
If you're a dumdum go pirate some tutorial from CGPeers. It probably does not even matter which one you will pirate since there's not much to cover.

>infographics
That's where AE comes into play (especially if you don't want some gay 3D shit).
This one will probably make you kill yourself since software is a buggy mess prone to crasing during rendering, hangs up often and has no multi-threading support (was removed a few years ago) (lol).
YouTube is full of free tutorials of different quality and I can't recommend one but check out this guy (didn't watch the tut but I know he knows shit): youtube.com/watch?v=Mtv8QptWNbg

Attached: 1501644420351.png (1280x715, 1.06M)

os x + premiere
linux + cinelerra

So basically what you need to learn is:
UX - basic tools, hotkeys (this is very important is you want to work efficiently)
Layers and their properties
Effects (effects are very varied and you can do a lot of cool shit if you use them creatively)
Expressions (basically scrpiting the properties)
There's a lot of ground to cover but if you figure out the first two you can start fucking around and sooner or later you will come up with some cool ideas of your own.
Most importantly, don't trap yourself into a tutorial loop: you will probably find a lot of tutorials that look fucking cool but at the end of the day you will have no original thought of your own and will just emulate that shit like many people do. It might look like a technical process but it's actually still a creative one.

FREE SHIT HERE:
cutestockfootage.com/free/
knock yourself out

Thanks dude, you are awesome. Any more info is appreciated.

Premiere, just because it complements nicely with AE (as it should, mind you, they're both Adobe products).
Otherwise I would go with Vegas, it is lighter and (imo) easier to use (it seems to me that Premiere can be unnecessarily complicated sometimes), although the interface is (was?) uglier.

Oh yeah, using only FOSS is plausible, if you are a programmer that is.

Avid Media Composer

Personally, I've been using kdenlive. I don't know about making a mainstream movie with it, but it works well for basic and semi-complex video editing, and it's entirely free/libre as well. I like Premiere from the little bit of time I spent using it, but it's either downloading an old version or paying a monthly subscription for software I don't own, neither of which sound good to me at the moment.

I used shotcut but it sucks so i pirated premiere. :^)