You have a brand new sealed i7-4790k

You have a brand new sealed i7-4790k

What do you do?

Attached: assfaggot.jpg (1364x767, 224K)

Sell it buy a Ryzen

take a picture of it and name it assfaggot

Sell it so i can get a Ryzen

done sir
that means more money spent on mobo and ram though right?

Attached: IMG_20180605_215955587.jpg (3264x1836, 2.15M)

Thats why I havent upgraded from my 4790k its honestly fast enough, sure having a ryzen or thread ripper would be nice for encoding or several VMs though.

Personally waiting for a coffee lake refresh.

Haven't really decided if I should reuse some parts of my current build or just start from scratch.

Yeah about 30$ more

>Coffee Lake Refresh
>Kaby Lake Refresh Refresh
>Skylake Refresh Refresh Refresh
>14nm for about 3 years
Nope, Ryzen 2 is the only real option here

I’m trying to wait until a generation of chips that they declare as spectre/meltdown inherently unaffected but that may be never

Waiting until DrownUrSelfIna Lake.

Seriously the lake shit is overplayed and confusing now they need a new system, wish everyone would just stick to the numbering

Use it.
Those are nice processors, there's nothing wrong with them and you can always OC them a bit too.

Put it in the closet with my other unused parts to pull out in the unlikely event my current 4790K shits the bed.

4790k is the new 2500k. This shit will be just fine for at least another year

fap to it's B sized cores

hot
I was probably gonna build yeah, just needed to make sure there wasn't anything obvious I could do with it. I bought it three years ago and it's just been collecting dust, watch it not work or something.

/thread.

Imma be using this to cool it, would I be able to oc with it? (with Kyronaut Thermal Grizzly pasta)

Attached: buttrider.jpg (860x484, 72K)

bampin' wid catto

Attached: IMG_20180506_011944334.jpg (1836x3264, 2.16M)

No, since X370 AM4 boards are cheaper than Z97 boards now.
Also your post said nothing about RAM, so assuming you don't have any, DDR4 is like $10 more expensive than DDR3 - which is offset by the cheaper motherboard.

Not in any major way if you're using that cooler, the 4790k still has TIM issues if you haven't delidded it, and I wouldn't go past a 4.5/4.6 turbo if you don't plan to. I can just barely handle 4.7 under 80, and this is with an overkill Scythe

Attached: 442262.png (1183x666, 95K)

Delid and install in rectum.

I see thanks, you've got it pretty saturated though

Sell it, buy a Thinkpad and a cheap used motorcycle. If I didn't have enough for my used deathtrap I'd sell more of my shit.

Stick it on eBay.

Stick it in my pooper.

Sell it for hiking boots

I live in DFW TX there aint no fucking mountains around here for me to hike :c

Tfw I live in BC and always surrounded by mountains

I visited all the National parks between BC and Alberta, was lovely, super jealous.

Hope you stayed clear of Vancouver and the rest of the valley. It's a shit hole.

After the parks we did go to Vancouver and then Seattle, but only for a day each. It was okay, Stanley park was interesting albeit crowded. I was with parents so it was a bit boring, wish I had a bike. Why you say it's a shit hole?

I hate the people mostly. And also Vancouver kicked out all the hobos for the 2012 Olympics and they all ended up in my town.

just upgraded to a i[spoiler]5[/spoiler]-4670k
its SO much better than the FX-8350....

Whats the real world performance difference from 4.4 to 4.5 or 4.6? My mobo’s auto OC gets to 4.4 tho im sure if I hand tuned it I can improve the voltage, or maybe oc higher.

Sounds about right, I was getting stable 4.7 on air but had to drop it to 4.6 after upgrading some components.
not the best overclocker but a solid chip either way

sell it and get a mac

You won't notice a difference between 4.6 or 4.7 for vidya, but an auto OC to 4.6 should be standard for ALL 4790k's due to the fact Devil's Canyon is basically just primo Haswell, so if there isn't a real major heat difference between 4.6 and 4.4/4.5, shoot for 4.6, I only have it at 4.7 because I can

Also see how much you can lower timings too, the 4790k flies with good RAM, almost to the point where it's in DDR4 territory, so hopefully you grabbed some A-stock 2400, which sadly also costs as much as similar DDR4 now

Attached: 1214141214.png (419x462, 21K)

well anything is better than faildozer so that doesn't mean much

Upgrade my i3 8100.

I saw the thumbnail and thought they were boxes of condoms.

Even a G4600?

Sell it for a ryzen and mine crypto?

Attached: 1527940133195.jpg (1000x842, 132K)

Crush it, melt it, make small beads, fill a shotgun shell with it, shoot an Intel engineer

Basically what happened to me.
>receive i5 4570 (non-k) as a gift
>planned on waiting for ryzen but whatver
>overpay for some shit shintel board and ddr3 ram
>everything turned out better than expected.jpg
runs everything i want it to fine desu. Guess I'll just wait until 7nm ryzen 3rd gen.

Disable SMT.

Nah just shove that Ryzen in the same mobo, its a tight squeeze but should work.

>brand new sealed i7-4790k
Is it binned for reviewers or standard plebs? If the former, delid this and sell it to some retard willing to pay the intel tax. Otherwise build a system around it for my gf's pc so she can play overwatch at 90fps instead of 60fps. I don't know there's not a lot to do with the fucking thing since I have a 2700x right here.

Attached: Windows10 tech support.webm (254x450, 729K)

Start rendering my maya projects that would take 18 hours with my shitty 2010 cpu

Probably sell it because I couldn't be fucked replacing my 4690k and hyperthreading is an exploit

/thread