I just disabled Google Play services on my cheap-ass phone, and now it flies. It is like a completely different device

I just disabled Google Play services on my cheap-ass phone, and now it flies. It is like a completely different device.

What the fuck is that shitty botnet doing in the background that can slow down a phone so much?

Attached: shittybotnet.jpg (1022x500, 17K)

>disable software that half of the system apps use and most Google apps use
>wow it runs so fast now

>What the fuck is that shitty botnet doing in the background that can slow down a phone so much?
1.use memory
2.slows down outdated hardware and force to buy new

it is botnet for spy you

That's not true at all, since I disabled it I have never ran into any problem -besides from the inhability to use Google apps, of course, but I don't want them.

I never said what half those system apps were, user. Most of them use the passive GPS, wifi, cellular and bluetooth antennae to track your location, monitor your network traffic, send kilobits per second of telemetry data including position, acceleration, network data, and so much more it hurts.

it's a multiple app running on background trully dumbass services made by google.

even 4gib ram android could suffer, pic related.

Attached: Play-Services.jpg (3192x2254, 765K)

Holy shit.

How'd you disable it?

I installed Micro-G when one of the GPS updates stopped supporting my device (crash loop no matter what).
It is for sure lighter, but some stuff doesn't work, especially out of the box.
I wish they would improve maps support for things like Uber and hangouts support. But in any case, GPS is the pits.

>half of the system

literally only google apps gets fucked by disabling google play, nice try google shill, go spread your botnet somewhere else

why the fuck would you buy an Android device which you now is owned and update by Google only to then disable Google services? That's fucking stupid. That's like going out and ordering a cheeseburger, then painstakingly scraping off the cheese when it gets to you. Why the fuck did you buy it in the first place?

Where did you disable it? Also checked

I'm not op
But
What else are you supposed to buy? Do they make fast non Android, non Apple phones?

>only to then disable Google services
Are you seriously this dumb or are you str8b8ing?

Settings, applications, application manager

Disable or something. I'm not op but I just tried it. Not sure about effects yet.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-21-20-13-40.png (1080x1920, 169K)

android 7: -
settings
developer options
i had to tap it buncha times to access it
running services
tap things you dont like
stop button
just turn everything off
if its important it automatically turns back on

meant for

You're phone is shit, that's the problem.

The only people who disable Google Play/services are those who are paranoid about their privacy or I guess in the case of OP, your phone is absolutely ancient. If you were truly paranoid about privacy, you wouldn't have a smartphone in the first place. You'd have some burner dumb phone
Are you the stupid one here? Disabling Google Play Store, or services. One in the same in the context that I'm talking here. You bought an item full well knowing it is Google made and operated at heart (android, maps, etc). Then gut the actual usefulness of the device by removing the parts that make it work nicely. Are there alternatives? Sure. But then why did you get a phone in the first place? Need GPS but don't want to get into the Google botnet? Buy a dedicated fucking GPS unit. Same goes for music/MP3 player. There. Problem solved.

You can disable them at the "apps" section of your settings.

You really are this dumb.
I pity your parents.

>no proper response, so here's an insult
k. Enjoy your neutered android phone. Hope those freetard alternatives work when you need them most.

Not the guy you were talking with, but please neck yourself.

Won't apps you downloaded from the play store not update anymore?

turn phone on/off or im sure theres some update app option floating around sonewhere
update and kill them all over again
the circle of life

Yes, but you can use the Yalp Store in order to get apps from the Play Store and update them (even the ones you already have).

>mfw my QNX-based mobile operating system does not have this problem
feels mostly legit

My phone keeps nagging me about this now. Kinda reminds me of Windows 10. My phone doesn't feel faster, maybe I don't notice, but it stopped getting hot.

I'm using galaxy s5, it's about 4 years old. Been running like shit since the Android 6.0 update

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-21-20-31-27.png (1080x1920, 352K)

Disable all the Google apps and you will stop getting these notifications.

>autistic shilling for a meme OS
No thanks

>BBOS10
>meme
do you even know what you're talking about?

Stop deluding yourself. In 2018, anything that isn't Android or iOS is a meme, even Windows Mobile.

Windows Mobile is orders of magnitude more useful than Android or iOS in 2018.
iOS and Android (to some extent) serve dumb comsumption of content, meanwhile, WinMobile does his job.

Attached: winmobilepos.jpg (640x640, 128K)

Yeah? Well you're a nigger

Trolling this hard

addresstogps from fdroif i think isn't gapps based?
installed it after update broke google location services, works just as well (claims way lower, 22m accuracy but in reality shows my position just as accurately)

Everything on F-Droid works without Google Services (I think).

Well, Google Play has like 500+ services last time I checked. It's a behemoth battery killer

>using a mobile OS designed by an advertisement company
You brought this upon yourself.

If you're rooted download a app called Disable Service and use it to cripple Google Play Services. That way you can use Google apps without the huge amount of ram usage.

Even those sort of devices are switching to Android.

Attached: Motorola-MC40-image4.jpg (450x486, 20K)